ab aeterno

They may cut your dick in half
and serve it to a pig.
But though it hurts you'll laugh,
and dance a dickless jig.

But that's the way it goes,
in war you're shat upon!
Though we die, La Resistance lives on!

(This is what you get for 22 hours without new content).

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Whaaaaaaaaaat?! Okay, NO, then this is NOT ACCURATE! FOMN, why are you linking such horrible quizzes here? :tantrum:

:P

Don't you worry, she's a prostitute with class, pride and intellect :P Actually one of the better role models in that show.

Besides, you have to admit there's a slight overlap at least. You're a flower, she's a whore. So you both deal with seed on a daily basis.

17 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Besides, you have to admit there's a slight overlap at least. You're a flower, she's a whore. So you both deal with seed on a daily basis.

9 hours ago, First of My Name said:

They may cut your dick in half
and serve it to a pig.
But though it hurts you'll laugh,
and dance a dickless jig.

But that's the way it goes,
in war you're shat upon!
Though we die, La Resistance lives on!

:lmao::lmao: you are killing me

I'm Book. No idea who is Book. I will watch firefly one day. When I finish rewatching all my favorite preteen cartoons three times :eek::leaving:  

5 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

:lmao::lmao: you are killing me

I'm Book. No idea who is Book. I will watch firefly one day. When I finish rewatching all my favorite preteen cartoons three times :eek::leaving:  

Oh, Book is good. Not a lot of physical similarities but he's like the moral compass of the show.

13 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Whaaaaaaaaaat?! Okay, NO, then this is NOT ACCURATE! FOMN, why are you linking such horrible quizzes here? :tantrum:

No, it's a good fit; she's much more refined and sophisticated than most of the assortment of random ne'er-do-wells she shares a threadship with :D

11 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

Maybe squeeze it in between your first and second rewatches? It's worth it! And nobody knows who Book is (well, there is a comic that explains his background now, but nobody on the show knew).

13 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Only on the weekends.

And I'm disappointed Bear, I was fully expecting a prostitution joke. You've lost your touch man...

In seriousness, it's a job at a pub/hotel near where my parents live, doing bar work, waitressing and events (they get a lot of weddings). It's not too bad, and it's experience I can add to my CV when I look for jobs in London

I entered the wrong bus twice on the same day today ... there go intellect and sophistication? :dunce:

18 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Don't you worry, she's a prostitute with class, pride and intellect :P Actually one of the better role models in that show.

<_< ... um ...

16 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I smell like a brewery. In related news,I have a job!

Good news!

15 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

You've become a alcoholic?

You want to talk, are you not studying to be a brewer or something? *judgy raised eyebrow*

6 hours ago, felice said:

No, it's a good fit; she's much more refined and sophisticated than most of the assortment of random ne'er-do-wells she shares a threadship with :D

That is ... good to know.

RB, where do you get those avatars? They are adorable, like from a picture book.

Greetings my lovelies :kiss:  Hope life is treating you well.  I have been busy-busy-busy.

I went to Balticon.

Got to hug Lily Valley many times :love:

And maid a couple of times :love:

And many others who frequent this board (but this part of it)

And some writer dude read a new chapter from a book that is not ready to come out :P 

Work is "interesting"  within 2 hours of being "official" I put in my vacation request.  Priorities :lol:  And on day 2, I asked for a morning off with out using my PTO (next week for when my son graduates from middle school.  He was just 2 when I started posting here)

As to the actual work: There was this nice "little" deal, a perfect low stress deal to cut my teeth on.  But the deal never traded. :( 

So I jumped at the chance to take on the next deal, even though it was much bigger.  I just didn't realize it was going to a very high profile Agency deal.  So now I am alternating between "oh my god, what did I agree to" and "no worries boss, I got this" :lol:  Boss man is totally stressing out, so I am doing my best to have everything done before he ask me to do it.  Yesterday he said I was scary :P  Today, he was just really really stressed.  I hope I don't catch it, I have enough of my own issues :P 

11 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

And some writer dude read a new chapter from a book that is not ready to come out :P

Who might that be, I wonder. :lol:

maid has not checked in in some time.

Two years ago when I graduated I was given a bottle of wine to open at the end of my first day at work. As I went to Msc and never got a full time job, the wine was placed in a rack to patiently wait for the end of my first day at work. Life happened, however, and I ended up opening the wine the end of an unfortunate day. While it was the second best wine I ever had, I did have some minor regrets, because it was my intention to keep that wine for a special (and preferably positive) occassion. Such as my first day at work or submitting my thesis or my upcoming very last graduation to mark 17 years spent in the education system (does that sound horrible or what?). So I decided to track down and repurchase the wine, it is not a glass slipper after all, just a 100% replaceable bottle of wine. Even though I had seen the wine in a home store about a year ago (but never bothered to buy it so the story would be more thrilling - no, I was just stupid), this time it seemed impossible to find it anywhere. It's not in super markets, it's not in any liquor store in my area, it's not even in hipster wine stores in my area. So I went online, only to find it sold out in the three largest and most well known wine webshops. But today. I finally found it. I finally stalked it down. I finally found a bar across town with The Wine on its wine card. And now I can't decide how many bottles I want to pick up. Enough to last a couple special occasions, but not too many. After all, I don't want it to lose its cachet, do I? 

And, Buckwheat, my avatar is Courtney Gripling from the oh-so-adorable-and-ingenious '00s cartoon As told by Ginger. 

On ‎2‎-‎6‎-‎2016 at 6:03 PM, Buckwheat said:

I entered the wrong bus twice on the same day today ... there go intellect and sophistication? :dunce:

<_< ... um ...

I've done that too.

;) 

3 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

Two years ago when I graduated I was given a bottle of wine to open at the end of my first day at work. As I went to Msc and never got a full time job, the wine was placed in a rack to patiently wait for the end of my first day at work. Life happened, however, and I ended up opening the wine the end of an unfortunate day. While it was the second best wine I ever had, I did have some minor regrets, because it was my intention to keep that wine for a special (and preferably positive) occassion. Such as my first day at work or submitting my thesis or my upcoming very last graduation to mark 17 years spent in the education system (does that sound horrible or what?). So I decided to track down and repurchase the wine, it is not a glass slipper after all, just a 100% replaceable bottle of wine. Even though I had seen the wine in a home store about a year ago (but never bothered to buy it so the story would be more thrilling - no, I was just stupid), this time it seemed impossible to find it anywhere. It's not in super markets, it's not in any liquor store in my area, it's not even in hipster wine stores in my area. So I went online, only to find it sold out in the three largest and most well known wine webshops. But today. I finally found it. I finally stalked it down. I finally found a bar across town with The Wine on its wine card. And now I can't decide how many bottles I want to pick up. Enough to last a couple special occasions, but not too many. After all, I don't want it to lose its cachet, do I? 

And, Buckwheat, my avatar is Courtney Gripling from the oh-so-adorable-and-ingenious '00s cartoon As told by Ginger. 

Two bottles, three if it's relatively cheap.

I knew I recognized that avatar from somewhere. I only caught glimpses of that show but I remember the intro pretty well.

Archived