Plot Summary released by HBO

The plot summary for "The Book of the Stranger" has been released by HBO. I found it at IGN.com. The summary is below, with the names of the characters' actors removed:

Spoiler

"Tyrion strikes a deal. Jorah and Daario undertake a difficult task. Jaime and Cersei try to improve their situation."

For some reason, I feel that this gives us virtually no clue what "The Book of the Stranger? is, does it? What do you all think? Does this (the plot summary) change what you had envisioned may happen in this episode? How so?

For me, it didn't really change what I had envisioned for this particular episode, or shed light on what the title may mean, but it did change a particular something I didn't see coming that I think may happen in "Oathbreaker". I will wait until there are a few responses before I give that particular detail.

Well, I've been out of town and see that no one has responded yet, so I will go ahead and say what I think what may happen in "Oathbreaker" tomorrow: I think that Jamie Lannister will be charged by the faith for his sins/crimes that he confessed to the High Sparrow. The reason I think this is because of what the plot summary for the "Book of the Stranger" says about Jaime and Cersi. Afterall, that was quite a confrontation between him and the High Sparrow last week, and he even threatened to kill him. I don't think the High Sparrow is going to turn the other cheek.

^ I personally think that HS is not going to try to arrest Jaime. He might try to publicly accused him of some crimes but considering that he let Jaime walk about of the sept in "Home", I don't think that he would try to arrest him after he let him slip through his fingers like that. Maybe the line about Jaime and Cersei is meant to represent the situation of Lannisters or of the crown, and not the situation of only Jaime and Cersei?

You know, after thinking about it, I think you may be right. He (HS) had a perfect opportunity to do the deed last week. Now Jaimie and Cersi will beef up their security and figure out how to deal with this mess that is brewing. I think Tommen asking Cersi to help him be strong will lead her to do something drastically dangerous and stupid, though.

The HS is intentionally manipulating the situation to pit Tommen and Marg against the Lannisters. If the people turn against HG and the Lannisters because they get violent with the church all the better. 

Based on the promo it looks like Sansa and Brienne arrive at Castle Black in ep4...I'm worried Jon Snow won't be there based on the way he walked off at the end of ep3.  Was he walking away from CB completely?  Or was he just going back to his chambers to rest or something?  

Contriving to have Jon be away when Sansa shows up would be so fucking lame...

2 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

Based on the promo it looks like Sansa and Brienne arrive at Castle Black in ep4...I'm worried Jon Snow won't be there based on the way he walked off at the end of ep3.  Was he walking away from CB completely?  Or was he just going back to his chambers to rest or something?  

Contriving to have Jon be away when Sansa shows up would be so fucking lame...

I think its unlikely they'd do that.  He's either going to be at CB or with the wildlings he let through,  which, at worst,  puts him very close by.  Personally, I think that Sansa is the one who will help him heal his emotional state after all he's been through,  and if that's the case,  their reunion is vital.  

Yeah, if that was CB they were at then the reunion will happen. I would assume Sansa fills Jon in on all the things Ramsey has done and at the end of the episode a raven will arrive from Winterfell egging Jon to come to it and fight. My thought is Sansa leaves there with others and goes to the Vale to get help. We get to Ep 9 when they meet up at the Battle of the Bastards.

The book of the stranger should be a reference to Arya, maybe she gets another assignment?

7 hours ago, Taylor Swift said:

Predictions for ep 4 -

Sansa - Jon reunion. Sansa/Davos/Mel/Brienne/Edd teaming up.

Vale lords will listen to LF who will tell them about Sansa. Lord Robin who personally likes Sansa will call the entire Vale army to arms and they will immediately march north to save Sansa.

Margery may confess her sins, she will be allowed to meet a broken Loras.

Jaime / cersei will continue their planning/ plotting.

Theon will reach Pyke. Reunites with Asha.

Kingsmoot.

Euron becomes KIng.

Theon/Asha go east to seek Daenerys.

Tyrion will meet the leaders of the Hardp [The 3 green graces]. TYrion will also meet a new red priestess who will help him. Varys will dislike her.

Ramsay rapes Osha [This may be only implied or offscreen.] He may also kill her & flay her & then display her naked dead body to Rickon Stark.

Ramsay then sends a pink letter to Sansa & Jon - I have your brother. I want my bride back. Winterfell is mine, come & see.

Dany will be in the Dothraki temple, rescued by Drogon. She will emerge naked from the flames, unburnt, unbroken, a true Khaleesi. THis will be seen by Jorah & Dario who are trying to rescue her. Daenerys doesn't need to be rescued. She is the mother of dragons.

All The DOthraki lords will embrace her, Khaleesi will unify all the Khals and she will take them all as her personal army & return to Meereen. THis will end the episode.

This will be one of the best Dany episodes since season 4.

That would be a good episode but way too much for HBO.  They do like to drag things out.  

Anyone think they will have Arya in this episode? We got behind the scenes footage of Jaqen peeling off faces, him saying to Arya about having only a second chance ( that may be in episode 5 with the theatre troupe), and anything else that Arya needs to learn before the theatre troupe arc comes into play. What do you guys think? 

I don't really know if I want Sansa and Jon to reunite. i just won't be able to take it seriously. Oh well. 

The Hound better be the Stranger! Honestly that would epic! 

2 hours ago, Annarkie said:

Sandor Clegane returns. And of course, his horse, Stranger. :D

This :drool:

At this stage it's all I'm hoping for. I'm so disappointed by the Umbers, even if SmallJon is badass. I need my Hound and his Stranger back, pronto!!

Jamie and Cersei improving their situation clearly points to "the little birds" they just showed in Oathbreaker killing Pycelle. But if they kill him does that mean Kevan is a goner too?  Or maybe even Queen of Thorns???  Who's death I believe would certainly turn Tommen against Cersei via Margaery...  Also Jorah probably dies this week.  I believe we've had at least 1 side character die every episode. This episode will be the same. 

2 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

Taylor Swift - absolutely bang-on, in my opinion.

Yes most of it. Probably we will get some Tyrion/Varys plot instead of some parts of it . Two dragons were freed in episode 2 and I don't think we will wait much more to see them again.

21 hours ago, Taylor Swift said:

Predictions for ep 4 -

Sansa - Jon reunion. Sansa/Davos/Mel/Brienne/Edd teaming up.

Vale lords will listen to LF who will tell them about Sansa. Lord Robin who personally likes Sansa will call the entire Vale army to arms and they will immediately march north to save Sansa.

Margery may confess her sins, she will be allowed to meet a broken Loras.

Jaime / cersei will continue their planning/ plotting.

Theon will reach Pyke. Reunites with Asha.

Kingsmoot.

Euron becomes KIng.

Theon/Asha go east to seek Daenerys.

Tyrion will meet the leaders of the Hardp [The 3 green graces]. TYrion will also meet a new red priestess who will help him. Varys will dislike her.

Ramsay rapes Osha [This may be only implied or offscreen.] He may also kill her & flay her & then display her naked dead body to Rickon Stark.

Ramsay then sends a pink letter to Sansa & Jon - I have your brother. I want my bride back. Winterfell is mine, come & see.

Dany will be in the Dothraki temple, rescued by Drogon. She will emerge naked from the flames, unburnt, unbroken, a true Khaleesi. THis will be seen by Jorah & Dario who are trying to rescue her. Daenerys doesn't need to be rescued. She is the mother of dragons.

All The DOthraki lords will embrace her, Khaleesi will unify all the Khals and she will take them all as her personal army & return to Meereen. THis will end the episode.

This will be one of the best Dany episodes since season 4.

I agree with most of this.  I don't think the Kingsmoot will happen this episode though.  Dany/Jorah's scenes will take up too much time for them to cover the Kingsmoot in this one, they will do it in ep 5 imo.  I also think this is the episode Cersei sends Jaime to lead the Lannister army in the Riverlands.  

Archived