Acrophobia #23 - "... and the winner is..."

Julia H.

5 hours ago, Night'sQueen said:

I know! And the whole concept of whether to split the vows or choose one person or the other is basically leaving me incapacitated. 

In my case, I have worked out I have a deep block about marriage vows, especially heart felt ones. If we'd begun with Ramsay I could have gone crass, but a fairly normal couple is a bit disturbing....

5 hours ago, Castellan said:

In my case, I have worked out I have a deep block about marriage vows, especially heart felt ones. If we'd begun with Ramsay I could have gone crass, but a fairly normal couple is a bit disturbing....

Perhaps it helps then if you focus on the not so normal circumstances. Cat had expected to marry Brandon and she had been quite attracted to him and now Brandon was dead. Ned may have been in love with Ashara, may have felt some inhibition about stepping into Brandon's shoes and was probably worried about Lyanna and the war. They both were grieving for lost loved ones and Ned was about to go to war. Their feelings must have been quite complicated.

11 hours ago, Night'sQueen said:

I know! And the whole concept of whether to split the vows or choose one person or the other is basically leaving me incapacitated. 

There's no need to split the vows. It's just an option, but you are free to ignore it. It's enough to come up with a vow that could be said at their wedding by at least one of them. 

Oh, I know, Julia H. And it's a very cool idea. It's just that in my creatively blocked state trying to decide who is talking (Ned, Cat or both) + trying to write clever vows = me always having some other task I "have" to get done before I think about this. :dunce:

Thanks for all the entries that have arrived on time! I'm waiting for a couple of more though, and since it's late at night now, I'll give you all an extension until I can get back here next time (which can be expected to happen some time tomorrow). :grouphug:  

Cat and Ned took their vows - what exactly their words may have been, you get to decide. 

The entries are color-coded. Where the player who submitted the entry indicated who should say the vow or a certain part of the vow, I used the following code:

Eddard: grey.

Catelyn: blue.

Please, vote for 4 entries.

1. I guarantee - for thine equanimity - absent infidelity, permanent amiability.

2. In gratitude for this espousal arrangement I pledge alliance.

3. I'm game for trout.

Even-keeled attitude is perfectly acceptable.

4. I guarantee fucking thee ... er ... and I purpose affection.

5. I get freaky.

Thanks Eddard.

And I prophesy..

Asshole.

6. I'm given faithfully, true. Ever. Always. I promise. Amen.

7.  Invoking Gods’ favor, to Eddard abidingly I pledge affection

8. I give freely, today...everyday...although I'd promised another. 

9. I'll give faithfully, take earnestly, and indulge passion absolutely. 

10. I give fully to eternity. (Although, I prefer another..)

11. I give forever truths, except an intimately promised assignment.

12. I guarantee fidelity to Eddard,

... and I protect all.

Please, vote until 10 p.m. Central European Time on Tuesday, the 24th of May.  

1st)    1. I guarantee - for thine equanimity - absent infidelity, permanent amiability.

2nd)    7.  Invoking Gods’ favor, to Eddard abidingly I pledge affection

3rd)    9. I'll give faithfully, take earnestly, and indulge passion absolutely. 

4th)    3. I'm game for trout.  Even-keeled attitude is perfectly acceptable.

ROUND TWO

After the nuptials of Ice and Water, we are going to a wedding that must have been full of Fire.

As we know, Aegon the Dragon, or the Conqueror, Aegon Targaryen, First of his Name, married not one but two sisters: Visenya out of duty and Rhaenys out of desire. Although Maester Yandel does not mention the timing, it is quite possible (according to my secret sources at least) that Aegon married both sisters at the same time. What exactly did he say when he took his wedding vow?

The acronym: D A W T Y R B A H 

Please, submit your entry until 10 p.m. Central European Time on Tuesday, the 24th of May.

I did not submit an entry because I was dry, dry, dry.  I'll try to get an entry in the next time.  :)

1st.   6. I'm given faithfully, true. Ever. Always. I promise. Amen.   Lovely, even though I don't think they used Amen in Westeros
2nd.  3. I'm game for trout.

Even-keeled attitude is perfectly acceptable.  I had to remove the colour because I could not override it.  A vow I think Eddard made in his mind.  And just plain funny, and just like a man....

3rd.   10. I give fully to eternity. (Although, I prefer another..)

4th.    8. I give freely, today...everyday...although I'd promised another. 

The 3rd 4th was difficult to choose because there were several strong choices.  Congratulations to all!

1.  7.  Invoking Gods’ favor, to Eddard abidingly I pledge affection

2.  12. I guarantee fidelity to Eddard,... and I protect all.

3.  10. I give fully to eternity. (Although, I prefer another..)

4.  2. In gratitude for this espousal arrangement I pledge alliance.

I think this was hard round. These acros aren't up to the usual high standards we normally produce... mine included.

1.  8. I give freely, today...everyday...although I'd promised another.

2.  10. I give fully to eternity. (Although, I prefer another..)

3.  2. In gratitude for this espousal arrangement I pledge alliance.

I love how similar 8 and 10 are.

5 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

The 3rd was difficult to choose because there were several strong choices.  Congratulations to all!

You may vote for four entries. :)

1. 11. I give forever truths, except an intimately promised assignment. Nice one! I didn't even think about working in his promise to Lyanna.

2. 7.  Invoking Gods’ favor, to Eddard abidingly I pledge affection I think it's really cool that Cat follows the Seven and this entry somehow ended up number 7 in the list. I also think this fits her nicely. 

3. 10. I give fully to eternity. (Although, I prefer another..)  Could work well for either or both.

4. 2. In gratitude for this espousal arrangement I pledge alliance. It's so unromantic...very realistic in many ways.

First: 2. In gratitude for this espousal arrangement I pledge alliance. This choice was easy, it's so fiiting. The other entries I don't like so much, but I guess I vote:

Second: 11. I give forever truths, except an intimately promised assignment.

Third: 10. I give fully to eternity. (Although, I prefer another..)

Fourth: 12. I guarantee fidelity to Eddard,

... and I protect all.

1st:  11. I give forever truths, except an intimately promised assignment.

2nd: 12. I guarantee fidelity to Eddard,

... and I protect all.

3rd:  3. I'm game for trout.

Even-keeled attitude is perfectly acceptable.

4th:  10. I give fully to eternity. (Although, I prefer another..)

Archived