Acrophobia #23 - "... and the winner is..."

Julia H.

1st - 9. I'll give faithfully, take earnestly, and indulge passion absolutely. 

2nd - 8. I give freely, today...everyday...although I'd promised another. 

3rd - 3. I'm game for trout.

Even-keeled attitude is perfectly acceptable.

4th - 12. I guarantee fidelity to Eddard,

... and I protect all.

1) 11. I give forever truths, except an intimately promised assignment.

2) 7.  Invoking Gods’ favor, to Eddard abidingly I pledge affection

3) 8. I give freely, today...everyday...although I'd promised another. 

4) 10. I give fully to eternity. (Although, I prefer another..)

You have about four hours and a half until the deadline (both to vote and to submit or modify your entry). I have already received some wonderful entries, but I'm expecting more. :)

The fiery wedding of three:

Vote for 4 entries.

1.       Destiny awaits westward! Targaryens, your ride beckons and hollers!

2.       Dragon are we, three - you'll remember, babes, always- heads.

3.       Dragons, ascend!   Wisdom, tie young Rhaenys. Bind and Hold.

4.       Dragons appear wild, true, yet rarely beasts at heart.

5.       Duty, ardor, with these your royal brother anticipates happiness.

6.       Devotion abounds with tenderness. (Yeah, Rhaenys baby!)  All happiness.

7.       Dragons are we - triumphant, young, resplendent. Blending aflame hearts.

8.       Drinks...attendants wine!  To your regal beauty and honor.

9.       Dragon  will always treat you royally, benevolently, and harmoniously. 

10.    Devoted affection warms the years...Rare beauty arouses hearts!

11.    Dragons are we three, yearning Royal betrothal and harmony.

I will announce the deadline and the next round later today.

I know I have totally mixed up the traditional order of things here. That's what happens when I'm trying to do serious things late at night or early in the morning. Anyway, here are now the entries and authors of Round 1, and their scores:

1.       I guarantee - for thine equanimity - absent infidelity, permanent amiability. (Aegon the Poached) 1+1+3=5

2.       In gratitude for this espousal arrangement I pledge alliance. (Howlin’ Howland) 1+1+1+1+1+3+3+1=12

3.       I'm game for trout.

Even-keeled attitude is perfectly acceptable. (Lady Blizzardborn) 1+1+1+2+1+3+2+1+3=15

4.       I guarantee fucking thee ... er ... and I purpose affection. (Yomi) 1+1=2

5.       I get freaky.

Thanks Eddard.

And I prophesy..

Asshole. (PyroclasticFlow) 1+1+1=3

6.       I'm given faithfully, true. Ever. Always. I promise. Amen. (Ser Not Appearing) 1+3=4

7.       Invoking Gods’ favor, to Eddard abidingly I pledge affection (Night’sQueen) 1+12+3+2+1+1+2=13

8.       I give freely, today...everyday...although I'd promised another. (Rocksniffer) 1+1+3+1+1+2+1=10

9.       I'll give faithfully, take earnestly, and indulge passion absolutely. (Emmit) 1+1+1+2+3=8

10.   I give fully to eternity. (Although, I prefer another..) (lil’ghost) 1+1+1+1+2+1+1+1+1=10

11.   I give forever truths, except an intimately promised assignment. (Dolorous Gabe) 1+1+3+2+3+2+3+4=19

12.   I guarantee fidelity to Eddard,

... and I protect all. (Castellan) 1+1+2+1+2+1=8

Standings:

1. Dolorous Gabe 19

2. Lady Blizzardborn 15

3. Night'sQueen 13

4. Howlin Howland 12

5-6. Rocksniffer 10

5-6. lil'ghost 10

7-8. Emmit 8

7-8. Castellan 8

9. Aegon the Poached 5

10. Ser Not Appearing 4

11. PyroclasticFlow 3

12. Yomi 2

13. Fragile Bird 1

The first round is won by Dolorous Gabe with a wedding vow that proves not only Eddard's famous honour but also his prophetic ability (he apparently foresaw that he would undertake an intimately promised assignment several months later). The runner-up is Lady Blizzardborn: The twin vows she constructed for Catelyn and Eddard indicate the nature of their future relationship. The third place is held by Night'sQueen, whose entry is a beautifully composed promise made by the dutiful, young bride. They all must watch out for the chasing pack, led by Howlin' Howland, close on their heels.

The third round will start soon. Good luck to everyone!

ROUND 3

For a young maiden, Margaery Tyrell has had a surprisingly high number of husbands. So far she has married King Renly, King Joffrey and King Tommen (she is careful to marry only kings). That means she knows more about wedding vows than most young women of her age. Your task now is to reveal Margaery’s favourite wedding vow, or, if you prefer to approach the topic from a different angle, you can also reveal the vow taken by one of Margaery’s three husbands – the choice is yours.

The acronym is: C O P H H R D I A.

The deadline for voting and for the submissions is:

11 p.m. (Central European Time) Saturday, the 28th of May.

1st:  11. Dragons are we three, yearning Royal betrothal and harmony.

2nd:  4.  Dragons appear wild, true, yet rarely beasts at heart.

3rd:   2.  Dragon are we, three - you'll remember, babes, always- heads.

4th:  10.  Devoted affection warms the years...Rare beauty arouses hearts!

Tough to choose. Many excellent entries this round.

First:  4.       Dragons appear wild, true, yet rarely beasts at heart.

Second:  5.       Duty, ardor, with these your royal brother anticipates happiness.

Third:  7.       Dragons are we - triumphant, young, resplendent. Blending aflame hearts.

Fourth:  10.    Devoted affection warms the years...Rare beauty arouses hearts!

My top three could easily have ended up in any other order. All would have deserved the full three points.

1. 5. Duty, ardor, with these your royal brother anticipates happiness.

2. 2. Dragon are we, three - you'll remember, babes, always- heads.

3. 9. Dragon  will always treat you royally, benevolently, and harmoniously. 

4. 7. Dragons are we - triumphant, young, resplendent. Blending aflame hearts. For one brief, shining moment. *sniff*  :bawl:

Honorable mention to 11, which was almost one of my top four. 

first: #1

second: #7

third: #11

fourth: #8

stop voting for my sorry entries silly friends....i am trying to get to the bottom.... <_<

however i must say upon rereading, cheers to Lady B, Gabe, and Howlin'...but y'all gotta give it up for an asshole

...Pyro i loved it!!!!!!!

:smoking:

1)   11.    Dragons are we three, yearning Royal betrothal and harmony.  (I'm a sucker for an answer that makes sense and rhymes) 

2)  4.       Dragons appear wild, true, yet rarely beasts at heart.

3)  1.       Destiny awaits westward! Targaryens, your ride beckons and hollers!

4)  9.       Dragon  will always treat you royally, benevolently, and harmoniously. 

1st.    5.       Duty, ardor, with these your royal brother anticipates happiness.

2nd.   9.       Dragon  will always treat you royally, benevolently, and harmoniously. 

3rd.    7.       Dragons are we - triumphant, young, resplendent. Blending aflame hearts.

4th.     1.      Destiny awaits westward! Targaryens, your ride beckons and hollers!

Archived