Acrophobia #23 - "... and the winner is..."

Julia H.

7 hours ago, Howlin' Howland said:

Julia, if you grant an extension could you let the rest of us know how long we have?  That might have helped me in round 2 quite a bit.

Actually, no one asked me for an extension last round or now - I was just waiting, not only for missing entries but for answers regarding what a player's choice was. But since it was late, I got tired and went to bed. The problem with this is that I choose the deadline at a time when I can reed and post, but when I have to wait, I don't always know when I can get back the next time, so it would help me if people actually asked for an extension. Maybe it will be better if I don't wait when no one says they need an extension the next time. For now, I will wait until 10 p.m. tonight (Central European Time), which means about 11 hours from now, then I will post - if I can, given that this is a Sunday.

ROUND TWO AUTHORS AND RESULTS

1.       Destiny awaits westward! Targaryens, your ride beckons and hollers!   Dolorous Gabe   1+1+3+1+1=7

2.       Dragon are we, three - you'll remember, babes, always- heads.   Yomi  1+1+2=4

3.       Dragons, ascend!   Wisdom, tie young Rhaenys. Bind and Hold.   Emmit  1+1=2

4.       Dragons appear wild, true, yet rarely beasts at heart.   Aegon the Poached  1+1+3+2+3+2+1=13

5.       Duty, ardor, with these your royal brother anticipates happiness.   Castellan  1+1+3+2+3+3+1+3+4=21

6.       Devotion abounds with tenderness. (Yeah, Rhaenys baby!)  All happiness.   Lady Blizzardborn  1+1=2

7.       Dragons are we - triumphant, young, resplendent. Blending aflame hearts.  Night’sQueen  1+1+1+1+2+1+2+1=10

8.       Drinks...attendants wine!  To your regal beauty and honor.  Howlin’ Howland  1+1+1=3

9.       Dragon  will always treat you royally, benevolently, and harmoniously.   lil’ghost  1+1+1+1+1+2+2=9

10.   Devoted affection warms the years...Rare beauty arouses hearts!  rocksniffer  1+1+1+2+1+1=7

11.   Dragons are we three, yearning Royal betrothal and harmony.   Fragile Bird  1+1+2+1+3+1+3+3+1=16

STANDINGS

1. Castellan           8+21=29

2. Dolorius Gabe  19+7=26

3. Night’sQueen      13+10=23

4. lil’ghost                10+9=19

5. Aegon the Poached  5+13=18

6-7-8. Lady Blizzardborn 15+2=17

6-7-8. Fragile Bird  1+16=17

6-7-8. rocksniffer  10+7=17

9. Howlin’ Howland  12+3=15

10. Emmit  8+2=10

11. Yomi  2+4=6

12. Ser Not Appearing 4+0=4

13. PyroclasticFlow  3+0=3

I think this was a very strong round with lots of strong entries. The round winner is Castellan, with a very beautiful and appropriate vow for Aegon. This victory means that Castellan is now at the top of the list, closely followed by Dolorous Gabe and Night'sQueen.

Please, check the numbers - I may have made mistakes.

ROUND THREE

Vows for Margaery’s weddings, where the colours mean the following:

Tommen speaking: yellow

Margaery speaking: green

Margaery speaking to Joffrey: green + red

1. Combining our powerful Houses here renders disputes into accord.

2.       (..can outlast ‘Prince’..?)  Hear, Husband, royally devoted, I, always.

3.       Certainly overjoyed. Pious husband, honorable royal! (Disposable if aggravating.)

4.       Cool! Oh pretty happy helpmate! Reach's darling, in-laws awesome.

5.       Creating our partnership has Highgarden readily deploying its armies.

6.       Consummate our partnership! Hurry, hurry! Regal deaths inhibit ambitions.

7.       Come - one powerful hand has rid death's inequities altogether.

8.       Crown, oh precious headpiece. How royal do I appear? 

9.       Cloak only personifies hand. Heart recognizes devotion in alliance. 

10.   Certainly, our personal history's hard...real devotion is also.

Please, vote for four entries.

ROUND FOUR

After this somewhat unromantic series of affairs between Margaery and her various husbands, we will be seeking something more exotic: a wedding on the Iron Islands!

Let’s see: the groom is not a silly young lad, but someone more … mature. In fact, he is well past his eightieth name day. The bride, however … well, the bride is apparently absent, but never mind, she is replaced during the ceremony by a really cute seal. It’s easy to guess what the substitute bride might be saying, but how about the vow taken by Erik Ironmaker as he weds Asha of House Greyjoy personified by a seal? That is your task to find out.

The acronym is:

N I A M B S E L I

The deadline for the new submission and the voting:

8 p.m.  (Central European Time) on Saturday, the 4th of June.

1. 8. Crown, oh precious headpiece. How royal do I appear?  That one cracked me up. More show Margaery than book Margaery, but still funny.

2. 6. Consummate our partnership! Hurry, hurry! Regal deaths inhibit ambitions. 

3. 4. Cool! Oh pretty happy helpmate! Reach's darling, in-laws awesome. Aww! Tommen's so cute.

4. 10. Certainly, our personal history's hard...real devotion is also. The reality of medieval royal marriages.

First: 8.       Crown, oh precious headpiece. How royal do I appear? 

Second: 4.       Cool! Oh pretty happy helpmate! Reach's darling, in-laws awesome.

Third: 3.       Certainly overjoyed. Pious husband, honorable royal! (Disposable if aggravating.)

Fourth: 10.     Certainly, our personal history's hard...real devotion is also.

11 hours ago, Emmit said:

I think I should have 10 points not 9.

You are totally right. I forgot to update my Standings list on this point after you voted. Thanks for letting me know. 

1st - 6.       Consummate our partnership! Hurry, hurry! Regal deaths inhibit ambitions.

2nd - 3.       Certainly overjoyed. Pious husband, honorable royal! (Disposable if aggravating.)

3rd - 7.       Come - one powerful hand has rid death's inequities altogether.

4th - 4.       Cool! Oh pretty happy helpmate! Reach's darling, in-laws awesome.

1) 8.       Crown, oh precious headpiece. How royal do I appear? 

2) 6.       Consummate our partnership! Hurry, hurry! Regal deaths inhibit ambitions.

3) 4.       Cool! Oh pretty happy helpmate! Reach's darling, in-laws awesome.

4) 9.       Cloak only personifies hand. Heart recognizes devotion in alliance. 

1st.    9.      Cloak only personifies hand. Heart recognizes devotion in alliance. 

2nd.  1.      Combining our powerful Houses here renders disputes into accord.

3rd.   10.    Certainly, our personal history's hard...real devotion is also.

4th.    6.     Consummate our partnership! Hurry, hurry! Regal deaths inhibit ambitions. 

I found most of these very awkwardly phrased, a pity.  But I was going for vows, as opposed to comments.  :)

Archived