[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

teemo

1 hour ago, JonSnow4President said:

If it's a ruse, how does it make any sense?  If it's a ruse, it's actually dumber than the alternative.

No ruse...

Whatever is telegraphed happens... and they telegraph pretty much everything.

1 hour ago, Trinket2 said:

After reading this, I think I'm going to give this episode a miss. It sounds like watching it would only make me pissed off.

I wish The Winds of Winter would just come out. It would be nice to see what the story is supposed to be like instead of D&D's clusterfuck.

Hey, I posted in the positivity thread too!  It's a whole 3.5 pages long this week.

It is pretty clear that the dialogue and pacing really suffers now that D&D have to diverge from source material. They're fine if they have guidance. Without it, they're lost. At this point, it's almost like I'm watching the tv show only for spoilers for the books! That's a first!

I didn't mind the TOJ scene that much or even the duel-wielding sword. Sometimes divergence from the source material is fine, and Dawn doesn't play a big factor in the end game. 

The Mereen scenes were a waste of time. So the big mystery of the Sons of the Harpy is they are backed by slavers from other cities? Really? That's the best they could come up with? I would've rather had the prostitute Varys pulled in be the real mastermind.

Castle Black was a big disappointment. Somehow the previews seems to capture more of the magic of Jon Snow's return than the show. D&D thought it would be good to interupt that with a dick joke. Ugh...  

I hope the writing get better.

9 minutes ago, David Selig said:

He doesn't know Stannis is dead, right? Why hasn't he asked Mel yet what is going on with Stannis?

no, he knowns melisansbra even said it last night

9 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

no, he knowns melisansbra even said it last night

He knows, even if he doesn't know how or how Shireen died. But he doesn't give two fucks b/c he's too busy being in awe of resurrected Jon. Why is he in awe when he's the one who orchestrated the whole thing is altogether a different kettle of fish. 

Is it just me, or do Bran's flashbacks remind anyone of naff 70s detective shows like Colombo and Banacek, neatly parodied by Scooby Doo? The ones where the cast sit around at the end explaining the whole plot for the benefit of viewers too thick to work it out themselves.

12 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Is it just me, or do Bran's flashbacks remind anyone of naff 70s detective shows like Colombo and Banacek, neatly parodied by Scooby Doo? The ones where the cast sit around at the end explaining the whole plot for the benefit of viewers too thick to work it out themselves.

Well-groomed tree-man and Bran only exist to deliver exposition at this point. I'm wondering if when the 1000 year-old, two-eyed, non-Targ decides to stop trolling Bran with "to be continued..." cliff-hangers, he'll just switch to MST3K style commentary.

21 hours ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

D&D just said the tower of joy punctures the mythology of the noble Ned Stark.  Ned didn't stab Dayne in the back, Reed did.   How does Ned lose any honor by standing there waiting to die and his friend kills Dayne?  These dudes are idiots.  

I can see how it lessens the mythology of Noble Ned. He told the story of how he defeated the great Arthur Dayne for it to actually end with a stab to the back by Howland Reed with a follow up shot by Ned. I just dont see why it was needed though. Do we really need to discredit Ned at this point?

1 hour ago, higgo_71912 said:

Why was Dorne taken off the opening credits??? Surely that's not it, that we just get a passing comment that the sand snakes have overthrown the Martells and that's how it shall be for the rest of time. Just give me Darkstar causing a ruckus or something

If the place doesnt make an appearance i dont think its in the credits.

2 hours ago, Nami said:

Naive me but I was hoping Jon would order someone to untie hem so he could behead them with his sword.
No, he just cut the rope and let them hang...that is so, not Jon

This. Even more naive of me but was hoping for "Edd fetch me a block".

I will say that Benioff and Weiss exhibit such cluelessness as to the import of the source material whenever they speak about the show that it must have come out in folds when they convinced Martin to give HBO the rights to the material. 

Pretty much agree with all the rants. Sick to death of the Ramsey Show. Kings Landing and Meereen was completely unnecessary. Why is Arya not improving with the lying game - or is she learning to tell the truth? I think it would have been better to have Jon want to leave the Watch to gather support to fight the WW since the NW is a mess. But two things really bothered me, well and Shaggydog.

Why is Dany behaving the way Viserys did with the Dothraki? But I'm a queen and blah, blah over and over should lead to her being given a golden crown for a queen.

I didn't like how they obviously tried to portray Ned dishonorably at the ToJ - to the point that it paralleled Ned's fight with Jaime in season 1. That s1 scene D&D changed from the books and they portrayed Jaime as honorable, which is fine but the connection with the ToJ scene upset me.

10 minutes ago, Faint said:

I will say that Benioff and Weiss exhibit such cluelessness as to the import of the source material whenever they speak about the show that it must have come out in folds when they convinced Martin to give HBO the rights to the material. 

I think they only read the first book honestly

The Rickon story line had no place in this episode.  Ramsey is a terrible person, if they must insist on going down this path (and I think they are because it is in the book), they could have packaged Rickon up in the same episode where we see the resolution of the story line.  No reason to tease it in this episode.  All it did was distract from the other characters who actually were showing forward progress.

During the Tyrion scene with Missandei and Grey Worm, I couldn't help but think "They killed Ser Barristan off early so we could have this?".

So instead of having this awesome scene from the book where Barristan arrests Hizdahr ("Only cowards dress in iron", "This coward is about to kill you, ser"), we get Tyrion trying to make small talk.

Tyrion should not be in Mereen yet.  This is Barristan's story.

Archived