[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

teemo

3 minutes ago, Conchobar said:

Is Ned wearing Chainmail?

It is not shown, but it's possible he's wearing it under the leather.

There are at least 3 guys who clearly wear chainmail, so I suppose everyone does, except the Dornish one, as I said.

Maybe not, who knows.

Just now, Ingelheim said:

It is not shown, but it's possible he's wearing it under the leather.

There are at least 2 guys who clearly wear chainmail, so I suppose everyone does, except the Dornish one, as I said.

Maybe not, who knows.

I am still bothered by Dayne's swords being covered in blood before he kills anyone. haha

3 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

So is he just gonna dump Gilly on his mum and break off all contact with her and the kid? He's not the kind of guy to wander so far from his promise to her, surely?

She said she wanted to live in OldTown with the baby but Sam thought that was too dangerous: alone?! 

18 minutes ago, The_half_fan said:

Don't lazy people get the sack? Someone should start a petition for one of the Ds to be swapped for fresh blood. 

Is it just me or does the opening bit of ToJ scene remind anyone else of a Clint Eastwood western - cue music, riders, grim faces.

I wish it'd been something nearly as good as a Clint Eastwood western! 

58 minutes ago, Ingelheim said:

They are all wearing chainmail, except the Dornish one.

and Reed, and we cannot see it on young Ned (who might be wearing it). To be fair 5 of them could be wearing Brigandine (leather reinforced with plates) but then there is still the lack of helmets and shields (and polearms). Also as far as I know brigandine was worn by the less wealthy soldiers, there is no reason why the head of house Stark could not have a proper mail armour.

<facepalm> Yeah, so the High Sparrow gave a Mother's Day speech on Mother's Day in this highly acclaimed emmy-award winning series.  I begin to wonder how much Carol is based off of one of D&D's mothers.

------------------

As for Varys being a saint like his hero Tyrion... Season 1 and 2 Varys would have had that woman's son's head in the bag.  I'm pretty sure the bag thudded rather than clank when he kicked it too...

but

We aren't dealing with that Varys, and without a follow up this episode, it was totally full of silver from St. Varys the Cock-mocked.

------------------

You know what we didn't want D&D? Olly reaction shots.  So how did I know you'd just have to give us a Dead Olly reaction shot.

I'd say burn the bodies on screen, so we KNOW you won't bring Olly back as a White Walker...but then we'd get a Dead Olly Burning Reaction Shot.  Which is perhaps the smaller price to pay.

I was rather expecting Jon's return come after ToJ, his body to not burn, and the bonfire somehow to bring him back, rather than him being so bored lying on that table he just had to get up and do something.

8 hours ago, The_half_fan said:

Don't lazy people get the sack? Someone should start a petition for one of the Ds to be swapped for fresh blood. 

Is it just me or does the opening bit of ToJ scene remind anyone else of a Clint Eastwood western - cue music, riders, grim faces.

Next year commentary on the DVD: And the opening of this scene was a not to (title) a Clint Eastwood western, ... of course for the rest no mentioning of the books

7 hours ago, The Knight in Motley said:

------------------

As for Varys being a saint like his hero Tyrion... Season 1 and 2 Varys would have had that woman's son's head in the bag.  I'm pretty sure the bag thudded rather than clank when he kicked it too...

but

We aren't dealing with that Varys, and without a follow up this episode, it was totally full of silver from St. Varys the Cock-mocked.

------------------

Totally true!! Varys is not what he used to be!

Now he is serving Tryion: one of the SUperFour League: (Cersei, Tyrion, Jon, and Dany). SOme arguee that Ramsay is in the group as well.

9 hours ago, Conchobar said:

I am still bothered by Dayne's swords being covered in blood before he kills anyone. haha

Also did you notice what probably is another goof up that one sword was planted in the ground in one scene and after the "I wish you fortune in your battles ". " so now it begins"... "no now it ends" dialogue.  Arthur Dayne  draws both swords from the scabbards on the waist holster.

7 minutes ago, ricardoromell said:

Also did you notice what probably is another goof up that one sword was planted in the ground in one scene and after the "I wish you fortune in your battles ". " so now it begins"... "no now it ends" dialogue.  Arthur Dayne  draws both swords from the scabbards on the waist holster.

That's sure what it looked like to me as well!  If so, that's just some more fantastic attention to detail right there!:rolleyes:

9 hours ago, The Knight in Motley said:

<facepalm> Yeah, so the High Sparrow gave a Mother's Day speech on Mother's Day in this highly acclaimed emmy-award winning series.  I begin to wonder how much Carol is based off of one of D&D's mothers.

------------------

but

------------------

You know what we didn't want D&D? Olly reaction shots.  So how did I know you'd just have to give us a Dead Olly reaction shot.

I'd say burn the bodies on screen, so we KNOW you won't bring Olly back as a White Walker...but then we'd get a Dead Olly Burning Reaction Shot.  Which is perhaps the smaller price to pay.

I was rather expecting Jon's return come after ToJ, his body to not burn, and the bonfire somehow to bring him back, rather than him being so bored lying on that table he just had to get up and do something.

Ah ha..............we may have given MarxistVarys a new name, St Varys the Cock-Mocked, I love it.  It's little gems like this that keep me checking on these threads.  St Varys The Cock-Mocked!!  :lmao:

16 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

Sorry if this has been covered, but where did the notion that no women are allowed in Oldtown come from? 'Scuse the sexism, but are we to believe that all the cooks and washer*women* are men? Never mind that in the books, Tyene's mother comes from Oldtown. What, in short, is Sam on about?

Citadel dont allow ladies, mate. Thats with canon. He didnt say Oldtown, he said Citadel.

1 hour ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Ah ha..............we may have given MarxistVarys a new name, St Varys the Cock-Mocked, I love it.  It's little gems like this that keep me checking on these threads.  St Varys The Cock-Mocked!!  :lmao:

as long as its not something like Carol or Larry, honestly i cant take anyone seriously who ever uses those names. E v e r. 

i am growing very tired of eunuch jokes, D&D.

Archived