[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

teemo

33 minutes ago, Direwight said:

Uh, what? They left less than half a season ago.

But in roughly as much time we've learned Walda was pregnant and she delivered in episode 602. The timeline is a HUGE mess. The showrunners said (Inside the ep 601) that Cersei went through a rough couple of months, and that "couple of months" happens between eps 510 and 601. While Sansa and Theon are running through the woods? While Jon's body is just there and nothing happens until someone yells "action!"? Even if I want to pretend to accept that the timelines are ALL different for each storyline and "believe" two months pass between the WoS and ep 601, I can't because Myrcella's body is not rotted and full of maggots. 

We’ve always said if there’s any “secret” it’s respect the source material, understand the source material and then, any adaptation you make from the source material should be done only to enhance whatever the original pure spirit of the source material was.”http://www.comicbookmovie.com/deadpool/kevin-feige-weighs-in-on-deadpool-chances-of-an-r-rated-marvel-studios-a141380

It seems D&D missed that lesson and we are paying the price:angry:

22 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

But in roughly as much time we've learned Walda was pregnant and she delivered in episode 602. The timeline is a HUGE mess. The showrunners said (Inside the ep 601) that Cersei went through a rough couple of months, and that "couple of months" happens between eps 510 and 601. While Sansa and Theon are running through the woods? While Jon's body is just there and nothing happens until someone yells "action!"? Even if I want to pretend to accept that the timelines are ALL different for each storyline and "believe" two months pass between the WoS and ep 601, I can't because Myrcella's body is not rotted and full of maggots. 

Didn't we learn Walda was pregrant in S5E05? That's quite a decent slice of time, especially when at that point she'd probably already been a few months pregrant.

No disagreement on the rest, though.

18 minutes ago, Direwight said:

Didn't we learn Walda was pregrant in S5E05? That's quite a decent slice of time, especially when at that point she'd probably already been a few months pregrant.

Yes, we learn Walda is pregnant ~ 505, and 602 she gives birth. But there really, really doesn't seem like 9 months have passed between 505 and 602, imo. But because these episodes are much further apart, it's easier to go along with it. The others I mentioned, not so much, and it's the type of thing that takes me out of the story b/c I can't help but go, "but wait...". 

58 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Just a thought, and you know I love my "just a thoughts". It has been atleast 9ish months since Sansa was married, and Ramsay tortured (raped) her everynight, then wouldn't there be some chance she was pregnant? That would be another key goal to Ramsay's solidification. I highly doubt that there would be a willing maester to provide moon tea each morning. Sooo, I guess we should sweep that under the rug as well? You can't blame anything on the jump because, apparently, there was enough magically inflating snow around Winterfell to cushion her and Theon's jump and for them to not as much as a twisted ankle.

12 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Just a thought, and you know I love my "just a thoughts". It has been atleast 9ish months since Sansa was married, and Ramsay tortured (raped) her everynight, then wouldn't there be some chance she was pregnant? That would be another key goal to Ramsay's solidification. I highly doubt that there would be a willing maester to provide moon tea each morning. Sooo, I guess we should sweep that under the rug as well? You can't blame anything on the jump because, apparently, there was enough magically inflating snow around Winterfell to cushion her and Theon's jump and for them to not as much as a twisted ankle.

That's a really good point. Even if each storyline has a different timeline - :lol: - at the very, very least there's only ONE timeline for each, and therefore Sansa has been married for close to 9 months. And as young woman, she should have no problems conceiving, on the contrary. So yes, this is the level of hand waving that is required

48 minutes ago, Direwight said:

But if we learned that Walda was pregnant in 0505 and then Sansa and Theon jump in 0510 and then Walda gives birth in 0602, that means that Sansa was locked up for, arguably, 6-7 months, raped nightly. 

ETA: Fattest Leech ninja'd.

22 minutes ago, Karmarni said:

But if we learned that Walda was pregnant in 0505 and then Sansa and Theon jump in 0510 and then Walda gives birth in 0602, that means that Sansa was locked up for, arguably, 6-7 months, raped nightly. 

ETA: Fattest Leech ninja'd.

Your math may be better than mine, but I think both points still hold with a few weeks difference one way or another.

Sansa has been locked up and raped nightly so there should be something going on.

31 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

That's a really good point. Even if each storyline has a different timeline - :lol: - at the very, very least there's only ONE timeline for each, and therefore Sansa has been married for close to 9 months. And as young woman, she should have no problems conceiving, on the contrary. So yes, this is the level of hand waving that is required

Hahaha! My arms are either going to be as buff as Brienne the Brute's or fall off from exhaustion by the time this season ends.

And I feel the need to give a huge WTF with the messy timing coordination. So by the time Sansa meets Jon (for the first time on screen), their storylines just magically line up??? And when Jaime goes to Riverrun, and Brienne down to RR, those timelines just also magically line up???

I hope Brienne tells Jon, "I just saw your sister Arya last month," because I would love to see Jon's face when he replies, "How could you? We Stark kids only just left Winterfell a month ago."

7 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Your math may be better than mine, but I think both points still hold with a few weeks difference one way or another.

Sansa has been locked up and raped nightly so there should be something going on.

Hahaha! My arms are either going to be as buff as Brienne the Brute's or fall off from exhaustion by the time this season ends.

And I feel the need to give a huge WTF with the messy timing coordination. So by the time Sansa meets Jon (for the first time on screen), their storylines just magically line up??? And when Jaime goes to Riverrun, and Brienne down to RR, those timelines just also magically line up???

I hope Brienne tells Jon, "I just saw your sister Arya last month," because I would love to see Jon's face when he replies, "How could you? We Stark kids only just left Winterfell a month ago."

:lol:

That's not beyond the realm of possibilities here! 

14 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Yes, the whole cutting and splicing together of plot lines are amazingly synchronous!

NOT - they made it happen because it makes sense to them creatively.

On Monday, May 09, 2016 at 5:33 PM, lakin1013 said:

I just watched a scene in a tv show where a main character said that he had nothing to say, then asked the other characters if they had topics in mind.  They did not offer any real cocktail party topics (battlefield reports, rape) so our main character then complained about there still being nothing to talk about. THIS was the scene that made it to the actual show.  Why didn't the writers just go for the whole enchilada and have the scene in silence.  We at home could sit and watch a silent tv screen with characters who had nothing to say.  Utterly ridiculous. 

Loved that scene.

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

Ha, I thought the camera was going to pan to the middle of the crowd and zoom in on Mhysa. 

5 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yes, we learn Walda is pregnant ~ 505, and 602 she gives birth. But there really, really doesn't seem like 9 months have passed between 505 and 602, imo. But because these episodes are much further apart, it's easier to go along with it. The others I mentioned, not so much, and it's the type of thing that takes me out of the story b/c I can't help but go, "but wait...". 

I entirely agree with the timeline inconsistencies, but just to be obtuse and un-PC over this detail: Walda was a rather 'large' lady - isn't it possible that she had been pregnant for a few months before noticing? It does happen, even in this day and age.

7 hours ago, Houndbird said:

i doubt it. The show is so off track it is not following ASOIF anymore. Davos is not at the wall, his looking for Rickon probably in Skagos. Show runners are writing their own very bad fanfiction

Yep and another symptom rears its ugly head with the Umbars betraying the Starks, handing over Rickon and killing Shaggydog. (Unless this is the show's version of the GNC, but I have no faith in their ability at this point)

Whereas in the book, Smalljon died defending Robb during the Red Wedding; Greatjon is being held as a hostage to earn the reluctant support of one of his uncles and the other uncle is gathering what he can to support Stannis.

2 hours ago, LordPathera said:

Yep and another symptom rears its ugly head with the Umbars betraying the Starks, handing over Rickon and killing Shaggydog. (Unless this is the show's version of the GNC, but I have no faith in their ability at this point)

Whereas in the book, Smalljon died defending Robb during the Red Wedding; Greatjon is being held as a hostage to earn the reluctant support of one of his uncles and the other uncle is gathering what he can to support Stannis.

Yeah Smalljon in the show compared to the book Smalljon? It's literally a pile of shit on the books. Didn't Smalljon flip a table up as a shield to protect Robb, shielding the King in the North's body? Something like that?

You know, just reminiscing on the Red Wedding and how awful the show was in creating it (I feel like people were literally leaping on screen, stabbing with sprays of blood, then scampering off screen like tricky knife wielding jesters). The book version was so good. The last dance of Robb with Dacey Mormont--Dacey's run in with a Frey, Smalljon throwing the table over Robb to protect. All these great characters who loved Robb and the Starks. 

It reminded me there is a Lyanna Mormont in the books who wrote back to Stannis's appeal for troops, and she said something like "Mormonts will never serve anyone but the Starks." Where is this undying devotion to the Starks in the show? These details are critical in my opinion. 

On May 13, 2016 at 7:27 AM, teemo said:

Sure!  I'll give you a long list of great modern tv, a lot of it American.  There is actually quite a bit of good American television  My top five ever shows are: The Sopranos, The Wire, Deadwood, Fargo, Breaking Bad.  There is also Oz, Rome, Homicide: Life on the Street, Carnivale, Treme, Big Love, Hung, The Comeback, Battlestar Galactica, Band of Brothers, Boardwalk Empire, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Boss, Luck, Firefly, Mad Dogs (American and Australian), The Returned (the french one, Les Revenants). Hannibal, Homeland season 1, seasons 1-2 Downton Abbey, Bleak House, Brotherhood (maybe most underrated show ever), Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Lost, Mad Men, Top of the Lake, American Horror Story seasons 1-2 (the rest are garbage), Enlightened, Nip/Tuck season 1 to maybe 2 (sad, had a lot of potential), The Shield, Eastbound and Down, Six Feet Under, Luther, season 1 of True Detective, Justified, Veronica Mars. 

Shows that are still running: Fargo, Better Call Saul, The Americans, Daredevil, Bosch, Jessica Jones, Veep, Silicon Valley, The Leftovers, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Happy Valley, Broadchurch, Peaky Blinders, Bates Motel, Mr. Robot, Louie, Wolf Holl, House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Wentworth, Masters of Sex, The Fall, some episodes of Black Mirror, Vikings, Mozart in the Jungle, Sherlock, Doctor Who, American Crime, Red Oaks, Narcos, The Walking Dead (it's campy fun and I'm a sucker for post-apocalypse things) The 100 (same kind of deal as TWD, lol), Billions, Transparent, Casual, Catastrophe, You're the Worst, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, The Knick, Bloodline, Orphan Black, The Expanse, The Affair, The Path, Ray Donovan, Penny Dreadful, Rectify.

I know I'm probably missing a bunch of others shows that I like.  And obviously, there are some huge differences in quality from show to show.  The Americans is a lot better than say, Billions or The 100.  Or most of the shows still airing, honestly.  But I think all of the above shows are at least a B- (although The 100 is plummeting quickly to an F).  Fargo, Better Call Saul, The Americans, Wolf Hall, Peaky Blinders, The Knick, Wentworth, and Rectify are probably the best shows still airing.  

WOW! Thanks. I've seen your top picks though, but at least that means that we are akin in taste. There are one or two I have never heard of. Firestick here I come!

I used to be like you guys, first loving D&D for taking such a huge undertaking as filming a TV adaptation of one of my favorite work of fiction. It also made the wait for the next books easier, which was also a big point in their favor. And then season 4 and 5 and now 6 happened, and I couldn’t believe these are the same guys that gave us such a good adaptation of the first 3,5 seasons.

I mean, even the scenes they added were on point(Robert’s chat with Cersei, Jaime and Ned’s man at arms about the time when Thoros scaled the walls of Pike with a flaming sword, Cersei’s talks with her children, etc), enriching the world and fleshing out the characters even more than in the book, because we don’t get these points of view there, at least not at that point in time.

But now, we have plotholes galore, lack of character progression and even cases of character regression, masterminds reduced to lackeys(Varys) or bumbling fools(LF not knowing about Ramsay’s tendencies to flay people), stories dragging on, filler for the sake of filler. Ohh, and let’s not forget late entry characters. GRRM gives us Manderly, his sweet little granddaughter and Lyanna Mormont, while D&D give us Olly. Ahhh, sweet old Olly.

Now, there could be a logical explanation for this. They have been kidnapped by aliens and replaced with inferior copies of themselves. Or they both hit their head at the same time and have brain damage. And a lot more. But fear not, for I discovered their real intentions. Hold on to your seats, because I’m about to blow your minds away.

They are changing every plotline and are making the show an unwatchable mess because they admire GRRM so much and love his books. ‘This doesn’t make any sense’ you might say, but it actually does. When they started the series, they realized a couple of things. First, they knew for a fact that GRRM will never keep up with the series and miss every deadline they could set for finishing the books before the show ends. Secondly, they also realized that the quality dropped a little as the series progressed, the readers liking the first three books a lot better than the last two. And they feared that they would also complain about the next book as well.

So the “Show Derail Masterplan/Wind of Winter for the win” plan was formed, or SDM/WoWftw for short. First there was the matter of the show spoiling the books. They fixed that easily. Jaime distances himself from Cersei and goes north? Hell no, incest rapey sex all the way and a trip to Dorne. Sansa is trained by LF in the Vale? Let’s give her a dose of Ramsay rape instead. Dornish master plan? Enters bad pussy. Aegon starting his conquest? Aegon who? Victarion showing us the might of the Iron Fleet? I know not the things you speak off. Jon having his second life as a warg inside Ghost? Wut? He still knows nothing.

And for the second part. The books dropping in quality over the years(decades). That can be fixed as well. After all, not everybody has the time to re-read all the books at a moment notice. So the show will be a lot fresher in their minds. So they will not compare the quality of the next book to that of the previous ones, but with the show. And even another 1000 pages glorified travel-log will be a masterpiece of epic proportion compared to bad pussy, farts and Tyrion making eunuchs jokes in the only city in the world having over 9000 heavily armed eunuchs.

You read a boring Sansa chapter? You take a second to remember that she’s not brutally raped by Ramsay and you’ll start wishing for more boring chapters. 3 chapters of Arianne going to have a chat with Aegon? It could be boring, until you realize Doran is still alive and it won’t mater anymore.

I’m telling you guys, D&D are secretly book purists. I have to thank them for their awesome work so far. I am dying to get my hands on WoW and forget season five and six ever existed.

48 minutes ago, Xcorpyo001 said:

I used to be like you guys, first loving D&D for taking such a huge undertaking as filming a TV adaptation of one of my favorite work of fiction. It also made the wait for the next books easier, which was also a big point in their favor. And then season 4 and 5 and now 6 happened, and I couldn’t believe these are the same guys that gave us such a good adaptation of the first 3,5 seasons.

I mean, even the scenes they added were on point(Robert’s chat with Cersei, Jaime and Ned’s man at arms about the time when Thoros scaled the walls of Pike with a flaming sword, Cersei’s talks with her children, etc), enriching the world and fleshing out the characters even more than in the book, because we don’t get these points of view there, at least not at that point in time.

But now, we have plotholes galore, lack of character progression and even cases of character regression, masterminds reduced to lackeys(Varys) or bumbling fools(LF not knowing about Ramsay’s tendencies to flay people), stories dragging on, filler for the sake of filler. Ohh, and let’s not forget late entry characters. GRRM gives us Manderly, his sweet little granddaughter and Lyanna Mormont, while D&D give us Olly. Ahhh, sweet old Olly.

Now, there could be a logical explanation for this. They have been kidnapped by aliens and replaced with inferior copies of themselves. Or they both hit their head at the same time and have brain damage. And a lot more. But fear not, for I discovered their real intentions. Hold on to your seats, because I’m about to blow your minds away.

They are changing every plotline and are making the show an unwatchable mess because they admire GRRM so much and love his books. ‘This doesn’t make any sense’ you might say, but it actually does. When they started the series, they realized a couple of things. First, they knew for a fact that GRRM will never keep up with the series and miss every deadline they could set for finishing the books before the show ends. Secondly, they also realized that the quality dropped a little as the series progressed, the readers liking the first three books a lot better than the last two. And they feared that they would also complain about the next book as well.

So the “Show Derail Masterplan/Wind of Winter for the win” plan was formed, or SDM/WoWftw for short. First there was the matter of the show spoiling the books. They fixed that easily. Jaime distances himself from Cersei and goes north? Hell no, incest rapey sex all the way and a trip to Dorne. Sansa is trained by LF in the Vale? Let’s give her a dose of Ramsay rape instead. Dornish master plan? Enters bad pussy. Aegon starting his conquest? Aegon who? Victarion showing us the might of the Iron Fleet? I know not the things you speak off. Jon having his second life as a warg inside Ghost? Wut? He still knows nothing.

And for the second part. The books dropping in quality over the years(decades). That can be fixed as well. After all, not everybody has the time to re-read all the books at a moment notice. So the show will be a lot fresher in their minds. So they will not compare the quality of the next book to that of the previous ones, but with the show. And even another 1000 pages glorified travel-log will be a masterpiece of epic proportion compared to bad pussy, farts and Tyrion making eunuchs jokes in the only city in the world having over 9000 heavily armed eunuchs.

You read a boring Sansa chapter? You take a second to remember that she’s not brutally raped by Ramsay and you’ll start wishing for more boring chapters. 3 chapters of Arianne going to have a chat with Aegon? It could be boring, until you realize Doran is still alive and it won’t mater anymore.

I’m telling you guys, D&D are secretly book purists. I have to thank them for their awesome work so far. I am dying to get my hands on WoW and forget season five and six ever existed.

Ha ha, I like your style.  :cheers: :read:

7 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

I entirely agree with the timeline inconsistencies, but just to be obtuse and un-PC over this detail: Walda was a rather 'large' lady - isn't it possible that she had been pregnant for a few months before noticing? It does happen, even in this day and age.

I suppose, but doesn't it happen more often when the woman is way too young? Also, Walda comes from a very large and fertile family (lots of pregnant women) and given how important the continuation of bloodlines/producing heirs is in that society, I would imagine she knows that if she's married, having sex, and misses a couple of moon bloods, it means she's pregnant regardless of whether she's showing or not. 

Archived