[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

teemo

I'll start by saying: Two there were, but these were no ordinary two, because one had 2 fucking swords, so it counts for three!!! :bang:

I know that I'm watching an essentially different story, for which I feel good about, but still when they decide to make different creative decisions on simple, yet iconic scenes, it just boggles my mind as to why. 

Also, Howland Reed must rival the Mountain is strength to be able to push a knife, while wounded, through both back plate and chest plate.

And on top of that, troll us with the tower. The whole tower of joy scene felt a bit out of place in this. Is Bran just watching his dad's life? Is that his training?

Other crap that I hated in this episode:

• Jon's return was disappointing with him claiming he doesn't remember anything, and terrible at the end when he just said fuck it.
  • Tyrion and Meereen - I almost cried watching that ridiculous filler of a scene, knowing something so much better could have been placed in its stead
  • Tommen and the High Septon - I'm not sure what was the purpose of that conversation, though their guards were ready to play Red Rover.

But in the end I gave the episode 6/10 because of Lord Umber, Sam puking on the ship, Alliser's final speech, and mainly Arya's training. 

Im confused by the Umbers. Very confused. And because of that, im a little salty. If this isnt a ruse of some sort, ill be very upset. The Umbers are disgustingly loyal to the Starks. 

Im getting really done with Cersei's arc now. 

I liked everything else, except Tyrion yammering too long.

Im confused by the Umbers. Very confused. And because of that, im a little salty. If this isnt a ruse of some sort, ill be very upset. The Umbers are disgustingly loyal to the Starks. 

Im getting really done with Cersei's arc now. 

I liked everything else, except Tyrion yammering too long.

Two things annoyed me because there was just no need and should have been utilized in developing plots elsewhere.

1) Gilly just going on and on about the sea and its spelling. It was good to have Sam back and the discussion of where they were heading/why. Just did not need the first half of the scene! Could have been used elsewhere.

2) Similar reasoning  but Tyrion going on and on to Missendei and Greyworm. Talking about the art of conversation and drinking games. I would have preferred the scene open with Varys arriving.

Just felt it was not needed and could have been utilised to further develop other scenes/add another scene. 

Le Cygne, so the Dynamic Duo just came out and admitted what what we Ranters have known all along: that they hate the Starks and love the Lannisters, and are making every effort to force the audience to do the same. God, I hate being right.

Sorry, it just won't work. I think you're going to have to make  Ned descend into Ramsey-like depths of depravity to make the audience hate him. Let's see, there's no more of Ned they can show onscreen, so what might they do? Oh, that's right, we've still got the Great Unwash--errr, the audience's other hero, Jon STARK, to bash. I fear what they'll make him do the rest of the season. They're trying their best to make Jon a jerk, already. I predicted this in the Rant thread a few days ago...Jon seems to be acting every bit the way a hero would not act.

Notice, too, that Littlefinger has not been seen yet. Let's see, after 4 or 5 episodes of everyone being less than inspiring, total idiots, anybody wanna make a bet that LF will magically appear with great strategies, scintillating dialogue, military acumen and experience, (maybe the best dialogue of the show?) the qualities of LEADERSHIP? All hail our Saviour Peteyr Baelish! Hooray! He will win the War of the Dawn, while everyone else is a clueless idiot!

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

The worst ep so far, one of the worst ever. The dialogue was atrocious, start to finish, and everything was so fucking boring, unbelievable. 

Yes. Totally agree! Pretty much all dialogue was useless, made no sense and just stole precious screen time! Why do they keep showing Tyrion trying to befriend the (rather unimportant) GreyWorm-family?!?! Why doesn't he have anything better to do than asking them for a board game party? And why is Tommen always talking to the High Septon - without any result at all - he's officially still the KING and should have SOME power, somehow!!!

7 minutes ago, Morna The Maid said:

Notice, too, that Littlefinger has not been seen yet. Let's see, after 4 or 5 episodes of everyone being less than inspiring, total idiots, anybody wanna make a bet that LF will magically appear with great strategies, scintillating dialogue, military acumen and experience, (maybe the best dialogue of the show?) the qualities of LEADERSHIP? All hail our Saviour Peteyr Baelish! Hooray! He will win the War of the Dawn, while everyone else is a clueless idiot!

Gods, I love your rants ;o)  All of them ....and I am also still wondering about Littlefinger....will he reappear? When, where AND how will he reappear? What was his big, genius plan at all? In the trailer for the next episode you see him back in the Vale - how did he get there? Why did he go there? Why isn't he in Kings Landing anymore -  giving Olenna some useful,handsome, young man??? Or going back to Winterfell to see how Sansa is doing? I don't get it anymore. His plan(s) is too clever for me....

Robert Strong is still Gregor, it'd be too much for viewers to grasp. LOL

Now I'm gonna watch something else to clean my 'brain palate'. Anything will do, even televangelists preaching. 

Archived