[spoilers] Positivity Thread/What You Liked

HexMachina

I like the scene with Jon, Davos, and Mel. Mel:’…Stannis was a fake, you must be the new ptwp…’ Davos: ‘GTFO!’ They might have used different lines, but the meaning was the same.

First pecker joke that is actually funny, not to mention the fact that book Thormund Giantsbabe would totally make the same comment.

Jon cracking a joke. Edd was shocked, as was I.

Smalljon f…ing Umber. The guy might be an outbreaker, but he has balls of steel. Seeing someone finally giving Ramsay the middle finger while also calling Roose a cunt was priceless. I really like this character. Could you imagine the ownage he and Thormund could have done if he would have joined Jon’s side?

They give us quite a memorable Arthur Dayne, liked the actor. There was also a Dawn easter egg, one of his swords having a rising sun on the pommel. Nice touch there.

I liked the shocked faces of the two children in the cave when Bran told 3ER that Ned heard him in the vision. The plot thickens.

Arya’s training montage is over. Let the awesomeness and badassery begin.

Ah, the scene with the prostitute made me remember the old Varys, the true master of whisperers, not Tyrion’s sidekick. I hope we’ll see him again someday.

“Patrol.” That scene was weird as hell, but GW saying it with such a straight face while also seeing Tyrion’s expression during that part of the scene was priceless.

The last seconds before the ending, when I realized Jon was going north instead of south. I was picturing him freezing his bits off north of the Wall, and Edd asking him from atop the wall if he wants his cloak back. Couldn’t stop laughing.

Very decent:

All scenes at the Wall. Not rushed. Good rhythm. Harington shows all the necessary emotions, without over-acting. And his last line is well-placed.

Arya’s learning montage. Some dynamics, at last. The Waif is not a total bully, what a surprise. The Hound is mentioned. And what is that name missing from the list? Maybe her own? “Kill the girl (a girl)”? In S5Ep02 Arya, sitting on the steps before The House of B&W, cites a short version: “Cersei, Walder Frey, The Mountain, Meryn Trant”. Only 2 (with a half) remain alive now. Some material for discussion, anyway.

Jaime steps back from unGregor.

Pycelle’s fear.

HS’s game (well, Jonathan Pryce is one of the best actors in the GoT cast).

And all this tense atmosphere Before the Trial(s).

Relatively good:

“The gift”. Wouldn’t guess about it without spoilers.

Tyrion with his co-rulers (as someone noted, it’s an autoparody from the show-writers: “How to make them interact?”). The drink game (“I’ll tell something about you and if I’m wrong I drink”) mirrors the one from Season 2 (?), with Shae and Bronn. But here Tyrion doesn’t tell them anything.

Varys and Qyburn (re)creating their spy systems.

The ToJ mini-battle. Howland Reed as a real “bog devil”. Didn’t expect to see Lyanna, anyway.

Some other +s:

Dany’s storyline somehow crawls along.

No Dorne, no Iron Islands. (Yes, it’s not necessary to insert them into every ep.)

For now, Season 6 seems much better that Season 5.

One of the biggest highlights for me was that the show brought the Umbers back into the fold. Dean S. Jagger gave a top performance as Smalljon Umber (given that it was the character's debut) and his whole 'no-shit' attitude to Ramsay serves as a fantastic foil to that of Harald Karstark - who is now just a Bolton lacky!

But the whole scene demonstrated that Ramsay's position is still contested (Smalljon's refusal to bend the knee, etc). Plus, the slight possibility of the Great Northern Conspiracy due to Rickon's resurgence and the 'fishiness' behind Smalljon's actions gives me some hope yet...

Archived