[spoilers] Positivity Thread/What You Liked

HexMachina

In the interests of being balanced (as there is the Criticise without repercussion already) and to give a platform to those who don't wish to discuss the episode but wish to give praise where praise is due. This thread is not intended as a place to discuss the episode, as there will be plenty of other threads available for that  

Please respect the intent of this thread. That includes not delivering backhanded criticism (e.g. "The end credits")

Not Shaggydog! That was a gut punch.

Jon executing the mutineers. He didn't chop their heads off as a Stark should but there was a little bit of "Dark Jon" going on there that I liked.

Tormund mocking Jon's pecker. Decent bit of levity.

Edd asking about Jon's eye color. I thought the whole "They think you're a god" thing was a little weird considering the wildlings have been fighting against undead creatures for a while now. Glad to see it has some explanation.

Dany with the Dosh Khaleen. She keeps rattling off her titles and no one cares. As much as I like her character, I like seeing her brought low like this.

Varys and the prostitute from last season. Nice bit of continuity.

Pycelle cringing away from Ser Gregor. For obvious reasons.

I like Arya this episode. Her plot is progressing real slowly but there was a decent change of pace with this episode. 

Bran and Bloodraven at the Tower of Joy. I don't care about that Arthur Dane wielded two swords. It's fiction. It was a thematic way of showing Arthur Dayne was a beast with a blade and it worked for me.

Once again there was a great deal I liked. 

I think I have said this every week but Carice's acting when she saw Jon for the first time was amazing.  

Loved the Arya scene. Loved how it was longer with some meaningful dialogue. Subtle hints the Hound is still alive? I am also glad she is no longer blind!

It was great to see the Queen of Thorns back and the small council in general. Loved the wit of her and Kevan Lannister.

The fact Jon killed them all I loved as well. Really liked Ser Alliser's exit speech and just the sheer hatred/fear/confusion from Olly. 

Lord Varys being the spider again was fantastic. Just love how he plays the situation. 

Highlights was for me all Jon scenes and they carry out whole episode. Especially the one with Davos was well acted. Kit is improving with every episode and a little bit of dark Jon...more ruthless, taking no shit and giving nothing either.

Daeny scene was awesome and set up for big episode 4

I hate it but Smalljon is a one badass character with his taking no shit atttitude with conrast to over the top Ramsay Sue and he has that presence. Also something is fishy about him and Umbers loyalty to Boltons.

Arya scenes were great.

Nice to see Kevan and Pycelle. Also Olenna. Frankenmountain was awesome as always.

You know what? The Tower of Joy scene was bomb ass shit and i honestly thought it went just the way it was supposed to. There was a Kingsguard missing but im actually thinking hes inside. If not, oh well. At least Hightower and Dayne were there. Im not even arsed about the dual wielding. Guy playing young Ned looks like young Ned. Nice job there. 

Melisandre basically peeing herself at the sight of Jon. Tormund being Tormund. The brief nudity in the episode actually referring to Jon's bare arse. (yay!) Jon being like "wtf dude" While i didnt like the "i didnt see anything" part of his explanation, i liked the rest. I liked him basically making Edd LC from now on. 

Olenna and Kevan being awesome. 

I loved Arya's scenes and seeing Sam again. I honestly think they are gonna put Arya in Oldtown, 

15 minutes ago, Free Greatjon Umber! said:

I loved the scene with Ramsey and the House Umber guy. I don't know who exactly he is but I thought he was funny and very Umber-like. The Arya scene was actually pretty good this episode and I also enjoyed the High Sparrow and Tommen's chit-chat scene.  

Smalljon. Also said that Greatjon (his father) is dead.

30 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Smalljon. Also said that Greatjon (his father) is dead.

Its funny that they confirmed he was alive and free after the Red Wedding but now he is dead. I wonder how he died.

23 minutes ago, Free Greatjon Umber! said:

Thank you! Don't know how I missed that. That's a shame that the Greatjon is dead, it's probably because they couldn't get the actor back for the role.  

this was the reason he wasn't in season 2 so they just must have wrote him out

4 minutes ago, Bran Snow said:

Its funny that they confirmed he was alive and free after the Red Wedding but now he is dead. I wonder how he died.

I know they did in the books but did they ever in the show? I feel like after they couldn't get him back they never mentioned him again, but again I could have missed that bit of dialogue too lol.

12 minutes ago, Bran Snow said:

this was the reason he wasn't in season 2 so they just must have wrote him out

Yeah. Possibly hunted by Freys after Red Wedding but SMalljon said if it wasn't for his death. He would kill him like Ramsay did to his father who was cunt.

Darth Jon! Darth Jon! That last scene gave me goosebumps. I love how slowly Jon is descending to a grayer character due to his death experience and that moment when he hanged the mutineers. Very cold i say! 

Seeing the mutineers hang was really well done; they all hold up their dignity. especially Allister Throne's. The way he look at Jon, his expression shows how much he genuinely betrayed Jon for the Watch and he faced death. That line: "My watch has ended." Good way to end the episode.

The TOJ sequence. Very impressive i would say. Not perfect like Hardhome, but it's decent. Arthur Dayne dual blade fight is better than i expected. The highlight of the moment was the end with Young Ned hearing Bran's voice and Lyanna's scream. I have no problem with the, not showing R+L=J in this episode. I felt that it would give away too much earlier in this season. Please save it for later when Jon is going to fight the Boltons.

Arya's training. Very notch with Arya answering the Waif's question, became the No One, and regaining her eyesight.

Also, KL. Though this is the boring part of the episode, seeing the politics and the council back is nice. Love Pycelle's moment. Given how boring and small the KL's plot seems in this episode and so forth in season 6, it's deliberate with the White Walker's invasion and all, the fight for the IT and the FM doesn't matter anymore.

Dany's scene was boring, but I like that they contrived to have a "khal whatever" event so that all the Khalasars are in Vaes Dothrak at once so Dany can unite them all in one moment.  

I really, really hope GRRM does something like that in the books so Dany can get her ass moving with the Dothraki ASAP.

The Jon scenes were OK, I just wish there had been more of them.   This should have been "his" episode so to speak.  2 scenes wasn't enough.   

"Your father was a cunt" - Ramsay's amused grin

Pycelle's fear fart

Davos giving Jon some insight (or lack thereof).  

Tormund's pecker comment, followed by the happy hug.

ANYTHING EDD

Archived