[Spoilers]Has Jaime become comedic relief?

BlueNightzx

1 hour ago, Meg Mormont said:

Perhaps a new meeting with Brienne at he Riverlands might fix things up??

Perhaps.

The way I see it, Brienne convinces Jaime to follow her to the North and there he meets Tormund.

Hilarity ensues.

2 hours ago, Meg Mormont said:

Perhaps a new meeting with Brienne at he Riverlands might fix things up??

only chance we got. Not sure what her pitch to him would be in this sans LSH world  though. White Walkers? Not good enough. He is attached at the hip to Cersei right now.  He hasn't thought about Brienne/may as well be "the wench" once since her departure, or so D&W would lead you to believe. 

45 minutes ago, Danelle said:

Perhaps.

The way I see it, Brienne convinces Jaime to follow her to the North and there he meets Tormund.

Hilarity ensues.

Maybe Tromund is GOT's "equivalent" to Hyle Hunt. Tormund will ask Brienne if she wants to marry him (WIlding way) and Brienne will say no.

Tormund will ask her why?; Brienne won't say anything, and Tormund will say: You love another wilding, although you never mention him. Anyway, you should marry me and we should have wild kids.

2 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Maybe Tromund is GOT's "equivalent" to Hyle Hunt. Tormund will ask Brienne if she wants to marry him (WIlding way) and Brienne will say no.

Tormund will ask her why?; Brienne won't say anything, and Tormund will say: You love another wilding, although you never mention him. Anyway, you should marry me and we should have wild kids.

It's being very optimistic. I think it's just pure comic relief.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/5/2016 at 6:28 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

Actually this makes sense.

Although in the books Hyle had a history with Brienne, I believe that he does care for her. 

It is debatable whether he survived LS or not but in any case, I think that his role in story serves a purpose.

To highlight the fact that Brienne has emotionally matured and she can attract other men.

He is there to make her realise that men can be attracted to her but she has matured. Her infatuation with Renly was founded on her need to be accepted, respected and consequently loved and desired by a man.

Hyle Hunt is there to remind her that she can be desired, but she has no obligation to feel grateful for the attention he gives her.

Hyle Hunt is there to help her accept that even though she is indiferrent to his feelings, she actually cares about Jaime.

If in the tv series they want to allude to that by using Tormund, I am fine by that. 

2 hours ago, Danelle said:

Actually this makes sense.

Although in the books Hyle had a history with Brienne, I believe that he does care for her. 

It is debatable whether he survived LS or not but in any case, I think that his role in story serves a purpose.

To highlight the fact that Brienne has emotionally matured and she can attract other men.

He is there to make her realise that men can be attracted to her but she has matured. Her infatuation with Renly was founded on her need to be accepted, respected and consequently loved and desired by a man.

Hyle Hunt is there to remind her that she can be desired, but she has no obligation to feel grateful for the attention he gives her.

Hyle Hunt is there to help her accept that even though she is indiferrent to his feelings, she actually cares about Jaime.

If in the tv series they want to allude to that by using Tormund, I am fine by that. 

I think you are giving Hyle Hunt a whole lot of credit he doesn't deserve at all.  Hyle is pretty clear on the fact that he has no money and Brienne's lands and title are what he is attracted to. Basically he tells her over and over again that she should marry him because she's not exactly spoiled for choice in the marriage market. AND because he was involved in the cruel, sexually charged joke that the men in Renly's camp played on her, I don't think she believes for one second that he is sincere in his proferred admiration for her. 

And she was clearly annoyed by Tormund - look at her face when he's staring at her - and in any case he's not going to Riverrun with her. So I think Tormund's attraction was basically something the writers found funny and that his longing glances at Brienne have no more reason to be in the story than Podrick's enormous penis does. The writers found it amusing and ran with it. 

As for Jaime, there must be some reason in the longer story that he either has to be in the Riverlands and meet Brienne or NOT be in KL for Cersei's trial. So after two seasons of utter commitment to Cersei he's suddenly taken away from her and since Show!Jaime apparently takes on the personality traits of whichever blond woman he's around at the time, sure, he'll be committed to Brienne's cause in no time. Why not? And then they'll send him back to KL and he'll swing back to Cersei again because "you don't get to choose who you love." :rolleyes:

I would've used Bronn as a stand in for Hyle Hunt, both being unscrupulous golddiggers. 

Also, I don't know if it's because he doesn't have as many lines as he used to (or maybe it just seems that way to me) but I'm finding Nikolaj's accent a bit too jarring this season, I don't know. 

23 minutes ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

I would've used Bronn as a stand in for Hyle Hunt, both being unscrupulous golddiggers. 

Also, I don't know if it's because he doesn't have as many lines as he used to (or maybe it just seems that way to me) but I'm finding Nikolaj's accent a bit too jarring this season, I don't know. 

Bronn has Tyene in the show (oh forgot, and he is almost married) . I don't think it would work

Same for me. But that's because he is overacting, it's the only way of playing Jaime as a puppet.

3 hours ago, HoodedCrow said:

Jaime charged up the steps to save his sons wife from humiliation , Lancelot style, and to take on the Sparrows, and it is a bold knightly move. But Marg doesn't want to be rescued because she made other arrangements, Mmkay?

It's like they're taking every chance they've got to make him even more of an idiot.

I just cannot get over the fact that the LC of the Kingsguard did not know WHERE the king was. I can't. 

Jaime's one of my top 5, and I really like NCW. So I dearly hope they kill him off this season. Better a clean death than this fuckery. 

On 1 June 2016 at 9:33 PM, LadySoftheart said:

I think you are giving Hyle Hunt a whole lot of credit he doesn't deserve at all.  Hyle is pretty clear on the fact that he has no money and Brienne's lands and title are what he is attracted to. Basically he tells her over and over again that she should marry him because she's not exactly spoiled for choice in the marriage market. AND because he was involved in the cruel, sexually charged joke that the men in Renly's camp played on her, I don't think she believes for one second that he is sincere in his proferred admiration for her. 

And she was clearly annoyed by Tormund - look at her face when he's staring at her - and in any case he's not going to Riverrun with her. So I think Tormund's attraction was basically something the writers found funny and that his longing glances at Brienne have no more reason to be in the story than Podrick's enormous penis does. The writers found it amusing and ran with it. 

As for Jaime, there must be some reason in the longer story that he either has to be in the Riverlands and meet Brienne or NOT be in KL for Cersei's trial. So after two seasons of utter commitment to Cersei he's suddenly taken away from her and since Show!Jaime apparently takes on the personality traits of whichever blond woman he's around at the time, sure, he'll be committed to Brienne's cause in no time. Why not? And then they'll send him back to KL and he'll swing back to Cersei again because "you don't get to choose who you love." :rolleyes:

Isn't that the most stupid line in television History. In Jaimes position just about the only "choice" Jaime is free to make is who he loves. Especially now that Tywin is dead, Jaime could easily wrangle things to be free to be with whomever he wants. However, removing Jaime from the equation and applying this line to life in general, choosing who to "love" possibly the only thing you truly get to do with regards to Human relationships! You do not get to choose your parents, who your brother is, who your sister is, or usually whom your children are. Choosing whom to give your love to is just about the only thing we truly get to choose and we get to apply our own choices to this as well, looks, personality, beliefs, morals, religion, hobbies, interests etc etc, we get to apply our own criteria entirely in order to choose who we decide to love, and in my opinion this is just about the dumbest line the D$nces have managed to put to paper, clearly defeating a whole host of other dumb lines infused into a shit load  of dumb dialogue that D$D have cursed us with!

3 minutes ago, Neds Secret said:

Isn't that the most stupid line in television History. In Jaimes position just about the only "choice" Jaime is free to make is who he loves. Especially now that Tywin is dead, Jaime could easily wrangle things to be free to be with whomever he wants. However, removing Jaime from the equation and applying this line to life in general, choosing who to "love" possibly the only thing you truly get to do with regards to Human relationships! You do not get to choose your parents, who your brother is, who your sister is, or usually whom your children are. Choosing whom to give your love to is just about the only thing we truly get to choose and we get to apply our own choices to this as well, looks, personality, beliefs, morals, religion, hobbies, interests etc etc, we get to apply our own criteria entirely in order to choose who we decide to love, and in my opinion this is just about the dumbest line the D$nces have managed to put to paper, clearly defeating a whole host of other dumb lines infused into a shit load  of dumb dialogue that D$D have cursed us with!

Disagree. Many people fall in love with people they don't choose to, they see it as some magical thing that happened between two people, something that they couldn't control but just happened.

Personally I don't see things this way and am far more cynical, but that doesn't mean a great many people don't go through life looking at their relationships in this way. Jamie especially has been locked into a relationship with his sister all his life, I'm sure if he could he would choose not to love her, everything would be far easier, but unfortunately for him its not something he can just turn off. 

On 11 maj 2016 at 0:59 AM, Meera of Tarth said:

Exactly, even the plot they are trying to make doesn't make sense unless Jaime finally realises, somehow, Cersei is not someone for him.

And I don't especially dislike ShowCersei, I think she is a consistent character, different form the books, but at least, logical.

But they failed to tell Jaime about her being with Lancel, I can't believe he doesn't know about that. I assume that in her trial they will talk about her sins and he'll realize some things. Still, BookCersei is more machiavellian, and has slept with more men, but Jaime not knowing of her affaire with Lancel is a big plot hole.

Book-Jaime doesn't learn of Cersei's overtures until he visits newlywed Lancel and gatehouse-Ami on his way to RL, so it can still happen regarding the timeline of that and the timeline of RL.

I think they wanted to make the break-up more dramatic, which in stupid-languge roughly sounds like: "its not dramatic enough if J&C break up while they are fallen out, lets have them make up and we can get cheap drama-score when they break up again"

I really hope there is a better reason - but we are talking about the persons who decided against purple eyes, so whatever reason... It's probably stupid.

On 9/5/2016 at 4:41 AM, BlueNightzx said:

snip

Thanks.

I want to go a step further, and say that the show-Jaime has never ever achieved anything. He always was the brother without any use, in the family.

1. He wanted to fuck with his sister, got interrupted by a ten years old.
  2. Wanted to kill a kid, wasn't able to.
  3. Wanted to kill Eddard, left it undone out of stupidity, changing his motives from the books to have him behaving stupidly
  4. Wanted to get Riverrun, got outmanovered.
  5. Wanted to at least kill Robb in that battle... Almost did so. Keyword, almost.
  6. Wanted to escape, became a kinslayer to do that, and still failed.
  7. Wanted a witness eliminated, couldn't sway his protector to.
  8. Wanted to fight a woman, he lost.
  9. Wanted to reach King's Landing, he was caught on his way
  10. Wanted to assert some control on show-Vargo, got a hand chopped, and they made him drink horse pee.
  11. Wanted to die, let Brienne change his mind with four words.
  12. Wanted to save Brienne, the man holding him prisoner had to, or Jaime would have told dad things.
  13. Wanted to save educate Jeoffrey, got trampled by him, and got laughed at by Meryn foocking Trant.
  14. Wanted to learn to fight with the lef hand, and is laughable at it, even if before he used to use it for the knife.
  15. Wanted to protect Jeoffrey, and watched him die.
  16. Wanted to go back with his partner, which was so desperate for him to fuck a younger guy who resembled his younger self, and had to almost rape her at her firstborn funeral.
  17. Wanted to infiltrate Dorne and the "Sharks" thing.
  18. Wanted to kidnap his daughter, got nowere near it.
  19. Wanted to bring his daughter back safe to King's Landing, and he couldn't with the explicit permission of Dorne's Prince, and his ship.
  20. Wanted to keep that one secret, and before dieing his daughter told him she always knew.
  21. Wanted to kill an old man in a temple, was scared aways by naked men with sticks
  22. Wanted to organize military action in the capitol, stopped the troops to talk and let talk hi enemy
  23. Wanted to control the King or the Kingsguard, failed at both
  24. Wanted to organize a coup in King's Landing, and forgot to tell Cersei to use the Mountain to keep the King in the Red Keep if needed.

I bet that his last good idea in book material - book readers will know which one, no spoilers, it will come soon - will be given to someone else too: yes, I'm looking at you Bronn.

Show Jaime is the utter incapable character in the series.

Is anyone actually scared by this man?

14 minutes ago, mediterraneo said:

Thanks.

I want to go a step further, and say that the show-Jaime has never ever achieved anything. He always was the brother without any use, in the family.

1. He wanted to fuck with his sister, got interrupted by a ten years old.
  2. Wanted to kill a kid, wasn't able to.
  3. Wanted to kill Eddard, left it undone out of stupidity, changing his motives from the books to have him behaving stupidly
  4. Wanted to get Riverrun, got outmanovered.
  5. Wanted to at least kill Robb in that battle... Almost did so. Keyword, almost.
  6. Wanted to escape, became a kinslayer to do that, and still failed.
  7. Wanted a witness eliminated, couldn't sway his protector to.
  8. Wanted to fight a woman, he lost.
  9. Wanted to reach King's Landing, he was caught on his way
  10. Wanted to assert some control on show-Vargo, got a hand chopped, and they made him drink horse pee.
  11. Wanted to die, let Brienne change his mind with four words.
  12. Wanted to save Brienne, the man holding him prisoner had to, or Jaime would have told dad things.
  13. Wanted to save educate Jeoffrey, got trampled by him, and got laughed at by Meryn foocking Trant.
  14. Wanted to learn to fight with the lef hand, and is laughable at it, even if before he used to use it for the knife.
  15. Wanted to protect Jeoffrey, and watched him die.
  16. Wanted to go back with his partner, which was so desperate for him to fuck a younger guy who resembled his younger self, and had to almost rape her at her firstborn funeral.
  17. Wanted to infiltrate Dorne and the "Sharks" thing.
  18. Wanted to kidnap his daughter, got nowere near it.
  19. Wanted to bring his daughter back safe to King's Landing, and he couldn't with the explicit permission of Dorne's Prince, and his ship.
  20. Wanted to keep that one secret, and before dieing his daughter told him she always knew.
  21. Wanted to kill an old man in a temple, was scared aways by naked men with sticks
  22. Wanted to organize military action in the capitol, stopped the troops to talk and let talk hi enemy
  23. Wanted to control the King or the Kingsguard, failed at both
  24. Wanted to organize a coup in King's Landing, and forgot to tell Cersei to use the Mountain to keep the King in the Red Keep if needed.

I bet that his last good idea in book material - book readers will know which one, no spoilers, it will come soon - will be given to someone else too: yes, I'm looking at you Bronn.

Show Jaime is the utter incapable character in the series.

Is anyone actually scared by this man?

He still killed Jory Cassel and Lord Karstark's sons.

On 3/6/2016 at 11:22 AM, Neds Secret said:

On 3/6/2016 at 11:29 AM, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Disagree. Many people fall in love with people they don't choose to, they see it as some magical thing that happened between two people, something that they couldn't control but just happened.

Personally I don't see things this way and am far more cynical, but that doesn't mean a great many people don't go through life looking at their relationships in this way. Jamie especially has been locked into a relationship with his sister all his life, I'm sure if he could he would choose not to love her, everything would be far easier, but unfortunately for him its not something he can just turn off. 

may I be alone here but I always thought that that line was a foreshadowing line of him in love with Brienne; not Cersei

53 minutes ago, Winter's Cold said:

He still killed Jory Cassel and Lord Karstark's sons.

That wasn't ever his objective. He never achieved his objectives, but he did cause collateral damage in his failures. Maybe the most important one the last Karstark's death in Jaime's funny escape attempt.
Maybe he could get things done if he proposes himself OTHER things while doing those. It wouldn't even break his role as comic relief, after all.
On Jory Cassel specifically: how in hell did Jaime forget how to use the left hand after that?

Archived