Rickon and Osha Discussion

Lol at the people saying head's not Shaggydog's. You give too much credit to D&D's writing skills and imagination. Rickon is there only to provide more amusement for Ramsay Sue and shock value for the audience, before killing him off "Do you like game little man?". 

Osha may escape though, she's smart and tough.

Sorry, I didn't read the whole thread, but my thought is that Ramsay having Rickon will be what gets Jon to WF. He'll send some version of the Pink Letter to get him away from the Wall because he knows Sansa is going there. (I don't think Sansa will end up at the wall. I think LF will come across her in the next ep and take her to a Northern house or perhaps even the Riverlands, but this thread isn't the place for that discussion.) 

As for Rickon and Osha, I think it's part of the GNC. Osha, and perhaps Rickon, will be the shows version of Mance/The Hooded Man/whoever was killing people in WF. I don't think that was the real Shaggydog. I think Ramsay will get to a point where everything has gone his way and he thinks he's won, then in comes Shaggydog and tears him up.

I'm with the people that believe that the Umbers storyline is being warped with the Manderlys, with the Umbers taking over the "double cross" role from the Manderlys in the books.  

Where that leaves Rickon is anyones guess.  I really would *hope* that D&D wouldn't sacrifice Rickon Stark for the sake of "shock value", especially after just bringing him back.  People were pissed about Sansas rape (and rightfully so), imagine how people will feel if they show Ramsey brutally torturing and killing Rickon.  That may be the final straw for a lot of people.

29 minutes ago, RadSam said:

Sorry, I didn't read the whole thread, but my thought is that Ramsay having Rickon will be what gets Jon to WF. He'll send some version of the Pink Letter to get him away from the Wall because he knows Sansa is going there. (I don't think Sansa will end up at the wall. I think LF will come across her in the next ep and take her to a Northern house or perhaps even the Riverlands, but this thread isn't the place for that discussion.) 

As for Rickon and Osha, I think it's part of the GNC. Osha, and perhaps Rickon, will be the shows version of Mance/The Hooded Man/whoever was killing people in WF. I don't think that was the real Shaggydog. I think Ramsay will get to a point where everything has gone his way and he thinks he's won, then in comes Shaggydog and tears him up.

The trailer for next week showed Sansa at the gates of Castle Black

1 hour ago, Taylor Swift said:

Osha - raped/ tortured/ flayed by Ramsay.

Rickon - psychological torture & will be imprisoned till ep 9 when Ramsay will kill him off.

This...unfortunately. I try not to get my hopes up when it comes to this show and this seems in line with what D&D do.

My theory:

the Umbers will turn on Ramsey, they have a plan! they gave him osha and rickon as a sign of good faith, but they wont allow him to kill them.

proofs?

1. the umber guy refused to swear fielity to the boltons, and you know how important these details/hints are in GOT (a solemn vow is a solemn vow, you know, old gods and so on...) 

2. the head of the direwolf was too small to be one of a direwolf, it was a common wolf's head

(of course I might be totally wrong!)

I honestly think that if they wanted to trick Ramsay into believing them by bringing him a fake wolf, it wouldn't make much sense. Giving him a fake Rickon and Shaggydog's head or fRickon with a fShaggydog would make more sense to me. Because imo the boy is more valuable than a wolf. So I don't think that the head wasn't Shaggydog's one.

My guess is that once Jon hears about Ramsay having Rickon, he would gather the wildlings and go beat Ramsay's ass. Ramsay may but may not send a word about it to Jon to lurk him out of the Wall. But I don't see a reason why would Ramsay want to keep Rickon alive. Like, he can say that he has Rickon and then kill Rickon a second later just to be sure.

5 hours ago, WinterCloak said:

I like to think that it's not Shaggy, that perhaps it's Grey Wind? Maybe I'm grasping at straws but sad sad sad if it's really Shaggy :bawl:

How? Grey Wind died quite a long time ago. Can you imagine how the head would look by now? Definitely not so freshly cut off. And Grey Wind was grey while this one was black.

23 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

My guess is that once Jon hears about Ramsay having Rickon, he would gather the wildlings and go beat Ramsay's ass. Ramsay may but may not send a word about it to Jon to lurk him out of the Wall. But I don't see a reason why would Ramsay want to keep Rickon alive. Like, he can say that he has Rickon and then kill Rickon a second later just to be sure.

I'm interested on how the play that. Right now I guess they keep him alive so Jon really shows up.

btw: Jon hearing about it. Can anybody else see Jon reading the Pink Letter

I want my bride back. I want the red witch. And I want my Reek. Send them to me, bastard, and I will not trouble you or your black crows. Keep them from me, and I will cut out your bastard's heart and eat it.

And than asking "What's a (fucking) Reek?". They sure love to repeat lines this season.

1 hour ago, Nerevanin said:

I'm interested on how the play that. Right now I guess they keep him alive so Jon really shows up.

I want my bride back. I want the red witch. And I want my Reek. Send them to me, bastard, and I will not trouble you or your black crows. Keep them from me, and I will cut out your bastard's heart and eat it.

And than asking "What (the fuck) is a Reek?". They sure love to repeat lines this season.

Edit: Quote correction

Didn't you see the season 6 trailer(s)?

My memory may be a bit foggy, but the Umber banners are seen side by side with the Bolton ones at the battle for Winterfell/North.

All of you folks are high on wishfull thinking ;)

21 minutes ago, messem said:

And than asking "What's a (fucking) Reek?". They sure love to repeat lines this season.

Yeah, I can totally see Jon reading the letter with a poker face. Then he handles it to Davos and Davos says: "Bride? Reek? Reek?!... Ramsay really shouldn't write letters while being high." And than Tormund adding to it: " 'cut out your bastard's heart...' good luck, Ramsay, it didn't work even the first time." or something like that. This episode was already full of unfunny jokes, let's add some more to the future episodes! 

1 hour ago, Aerys Blackfyre said:

2. the head of the direwolf was too small to be one of a direwolf, it was a common wolf's head

This! 

The head is too small... if you compare Shaggydog head with with Grey Wind head, you'll see it's  smaller.

Maybe it's just me trying to save the direwolf. lol. I hope it's just a scheme :(. 

Bolton banners are seen beside Umber banners on the bastards battle, trailer spoiled already.

Also there is a leaked pictured of a flayed man on a bolton cross... probably Rickon. I'm betting ramsay sends a letter to john with rickon's finger or something like that.

The crabbing about D&D's lack of creativity is just lame. I think they get some things wrong, but not having a fake wolf's head would not be one of them. It's one thing if they had set it up earlier. It's another thing, IMO a lame one, if later they say "shazam, it was a fake Shaggy!" 

Perhaps it was fake, in which case I can see the parlay on Bear Island including a very shaggy dog. 

At any rate, I don't think a GNC is out of the question at all. Certainly not after seeing Smalljon refuse to kneel. And I have my doubts about Karstark as well. 

D&D really love Ramsay. They are sacrificing so much book plot lines to keep him busy and satisfied, it's like this entire show revolves around him now.

Last seasons we had a failed visit from Asha, he got Sansa instead of fake Arya, 20 good men, Stannis, etc.

Now he gets SD, Osha, Rickon, Umbers, Warden status, and if Sansa and Rickon had to take one for the team, don't know what are the chances of Manderly survivng the next episode, not to mention trying to betray Ramsay. After all, if LF comes with the Vale troops(episode 4 preview), the battle must be going badly for Jon. How else are the eagles to save the day? And that can't happen if Ramsay doesn't have all his wish list demands satisfied.

Spoiler

Ohhh, I almost forgot sacrificing Jon's character development up to episode 9. If Ramsay has Rickon, then that Reddit leak is true and that means that Jon will go brain dead before and during the episode 9 fight. 

Oh, and let's not forget poor Wun Wun. He will be remembered. 

But back on track, Osha will die fast, maybe one of the bodies on the crosses. Rickon will survive only until episode 9. If he'll survive the battle somehow, he will be either maimed, crippled, in Reek mode, disfigured and or skinned, or a combination of these.

Shaggydog RIP as of this episode. There are no happy endings here. At least this is the one thing D&D are staying true to the material, without giving us any spoilers for the next book. Because let's face it, this is fanfiction at this point, not book adaptation. 

5 hours ago, messem said:

And than asking "What (the fuck) is a Reek?". They sure love to repeat lines this season.

Edit: Quote correction

Your false king is dead, bastard. He and all his host were smashed in 7 seconds of battle.

1 hour ago, Xcorpyo001 said:

D&D really love Ramsay. They are sacrificing so much book plot lines to keep him busy and satisfied, it's like this entire show revolves around him now.

Last seasons we had a failed visit from Asha, he got Sansa instead of fake Arya, 20 good men, Stannis, etc.

Now he gets SD, Osha, Rickon, Umbers, Warden status, and if Sansa and Rickon had to take one for the team, don't know what are the chances of Manderly survivng the next episode, not to mention trying to betray Ramsay. After all, if LF comes with the Vale troops(episode 4 preview), the battle must be going badly for Jon. How else are the eagles to save the day? And that can't happen if Ramsay doesn't have all his wish list demands satisfied.

Hide contents

Ohhh, I almost forgot sacrificing Jon's character development up to episode 9. If Ramsay has Rickon, then that Reddit leak is true and that means that Jon will go brain dead before and during the episode 9 fight. 

Oh, and let's not forget poor Wun Wun. He will be remembered. 

But back on track, Osha will die fast, maybe one of the bodies on the crosses. Rickon will survive only until episode 9. If he'll survive the battle somehow, he will be either maimed, crippled, in Reek mode, disfigured and or skinned, or a combination of these.

Shaggydog RIP as of this episode. There are no happy endings here. At least this is the one thing D&D are staying true to the material, without giving us any spoilers for the next book. Because let's face it, this is fanfiction at this point, not book adaptation. 

I was rereading that Reddit leak, while some things came close - others were laughingly wrong. I am guessing that the writer had some basic outlines and then wrote some fanfiction based on book and guesswork

If you need more proof - read his Dorne storyline - pure fiction based off books mixed in with season 5 ending, Jon resurrection - "Mel fails and Bran actually raises him", and so on. 

Archived