Jon's Haircut

Mr Smith

Debating the show can be intense. Characterisation, book-to-show inconsistencies, plot holes; keeping track of it all is hard work, and arguing about it can get pretty tired. So I thought we might debate something much simpler: Jon's new hair! Lets see if we get divides as wide on this as we do on everything else.

Personally, I don't mind it, but I'm nervous about the possibility of a man-bun...

Well, the current hairstyle doesn't work for me well, but the one sided haircut were half of his hair was to the back didn't work for me either. But I think they planned the haircut, well the trim, in order to keep spoilers and rumors of him being alive in GOT for S6 as doubtful. People watched his hair with binoculors and drones seemingly last year during filming months. So, they had him trim a bit of his beard and his hair so that gossip articles about KIt's haircut could make people think - "Nah, he ain't coming back". Of course, then they had to film him with a trimmed haircut, so they had Mel cut his hair as part of the resurrection ceremony.

11 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Really? I thought it looks way better now

Well, a little stupid is better than just stupid, relatively. :dunno: And I don't even think it's about the hair, kit harington is just not my type regardless of his haircut. 

14 hours ago, Mr Smith said:

Debating the show can be intense. Characterisation, book-to-show inconsistencies, plot holes; keeping track of it all is hard work, and arguing about it can get pretty tired. So I thought we might debate something much simpler: Jon's new hair! Lets see if we get divides as wide on this as we do on everything else.

Personally, I don't mind it, but I'm nervous about the possibility of a man-bun...

Kit said in a recent interview that they did intact decide to put it in a man bun. Not sure if he was talking about while filming or off set, but the leaked picture of him that came out a while ago it was in a man bun

1 hour ago, ToTheWolves said:

Kit said in a recent interview that they did intact decide to put it in a man bun. Not sure if he was talking about while filming or off set, but the leaked picture of him that came out a while ago it was in a man bun

His hair in that pic looks more like the half pony tail that Ned wore.  So I think it might be an homage to him.

2 minutes ago, sj4iy said:

His hair in that pic looks more like the half pony tail that Ned wore.  So I think it might be an homage to him.

I thought that too. That is what it seemed like to me, But the interview I read the other day kit says "they" decided to put it in a bun. I just don't know if it was something he did off set or if it's going to be a thing for Jon snow. That shot in the first trailer that everyone thinks is Jon snow the guy clearly had his hair down.

7 hours ago, ToTheWolves said:

I thought that too. That is what it seemed like to me, But the interview I read the other day kit says "they" decided to put it in a bun. I just don't know if it was something he did off set or if it's going to be a thing for Jon snow. That shot in the first trailer that everyone thinks is Jon snow the guy clearly had his hair down.

I imagine that battle might mess up one's do XD

5 hours ago, Scarletfevre said:

Weirdly, his hair makes him look like Rob to me, when they pan out or before panning in. 

Saw Madden for sure when he was lying there post haircut/pre waking up.

13 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

It looks a little stupid, but I don't mind too much. His hair always looked stupid. 

How dare you to insult dark curly girly hair of his. Shame on you. Still better than blond Targaryen hair, not even bothered to give them silver hair.

1 hour ago, Lord Friendzone said:

How dare you to insult dark curly girly hair of his. Shame on you. Still better than blond Targaryen hair, not even bothered to give them silver hair.

Well if it's any comfort, Jon does look less stupid than Viserys. 

Archived