(Spoilers) So what's Littlefinger up to?

using a fArya would give the shower watchers another character to have to get to know and they would have no emotional connection too. Plus Sansa wasn't doing anything in the Vale but sitting around. On why LF gave Sansa to the Boltons, it was to break the alliance between the Boltons and the Crown. Before the married, the Boltons and Freys were still on good terms with the Crown. So if LF attacked them, LF would be an enemy to the Crown. Marry Sansa makes the Boltons the enemy now so LF can continue his plan and bring the Vale army north with the backing of the Crown.

34 minutes ago, Bran Snow said:

using a fArya would give the shower watchers another character to have to get to know and they would have no emotional connection too. Plus Sansa wasn't doing anything in the Vale but sitting around. On why LF gave Sansa to the Boltons, it was to break the alliance between the Boltons and the Crown. Before the married, the Boltons and Freys were still on good terms with the Crown. So if LF attacked them, LF would be an enemy to the Crown. Marry Sansa makes the Boltons the enemy now so LF can continue his plan and bring the Vale army north with the backing of the Crown.

Considering that they had no problem on adding Myranda, Olyvar or that red head whore whose name I always fail to remember or the four stupid Sand Snakes (although I am aware that these are in the books), a fArya or fSansa shouldn't be that much problem.

And I know that his aim was to label the Boltons as the traitors but I think that he risked just way too much by putting Sansa in such a dangerous position. She is the key element in his plan and yet he leaves her there with no guards or whatever. What if Cersei didn't let him go North and sent somewhere else to go kill the Boltons? Sansa is accused of murdering Joffrey and if someone loyal to the crown and to the Lannister conquered Winterfell, Sansa's head would on a spike. LF could try to get her away from Winterfell to save her but I would really look forward to him persuading Ramsay and Roose to let Sansa go "on a little trip". From the TV show story's perspective, it was probably a fine decision to put Sansa there instead of leaving her in the Vale, possibly married to Sweetrobin instead, waiting for her time to come and to join LF to smash the Boltons, because it was more, idk, dynamic and exciting, but from a logic perspective? Not that much, imo.

13 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

Considering that they had no problem on adding Myranda, Olyvar or that red head whore whose name I always fail to remember or the four stupid Sand Snakes (although I am aware that these are in the books), a fArya or fSansa shouldn't be that much problem.

And I know that his aim was to label the Boltons as the traitors but I think that he risked just way too much by putting Sansa in such a dangerous position. She is the key element in his plan and yet he leaves her there with no guards or whatever. What if Cersei didn't let him go North and sent somewhere else to go kill the Boltons? Sansa is accused of murdering Joffrey and if someone loyal to the crown and to the Lannister conquered Winterfell, Sansa's head would on a spike. LF could try to get her away from Winterfell to save her but I would really look forward to him persuading Ramsay and Roose to let Sansa go "on a little trip". From the TV show story's perspective, it was probably a fine decision to put Sansa there instead of leaving her in the Vale, possibly married to Sweetrobin instead, waiting for her time to come and to join LF to smash the Boltons, because it was more, idk, dynamic and exciting, but from a logic perspective? Not that much, imo.

Ros appears in the books but as three separate characters. Having one actress play all three tied the Winterfell story to the Kings Landing story better and provided a way to illustrate how Littlefinger's brothels worked from the inside. It was also a way to demonstrate that Tommen murdered people for fun and Little finger was happy to supply victims.

Littlefinger gets appointed Warden of the North as a result of selling Sansa to the Boltons. And the Boltons get a mechanism that can secure their claim. It is a good deal for both parties even if the Bolton's don't understand LF gains by double crossing them. I can't see why anyone objects to the plot after LF shows how it advantages him.

The only practical difference between using Sansa and fake Arya is that after Sansa's escape, she isn't going to be trusting LF ever again.

11 hours ago, hallam said:

Ros appears in the books but as three separate characters. Having one actress play all three tied the Winterfell story to the Kings Landing story better and provided a way to illustrate how Littlefinger's brothels worked from the inside. It was also a way to demonstrate that Tommen murdered people for fun and Little finger was happy to supply victims.

Littlefinger gets appointed Warden of the North as a result of selling Sansa to the Boltons. And the Boltons get a mechanism that can secure their claim. It is a good deal for both parties even if the Bolton's don't understand LF gains by double crossing them. I can't see why anyone objects to the plot after LF shows how it advantages him.

The only practical difference between using Sansa and fake Arya is that after Sansa's escape, she isn't going to be trusting LF ever again.

No. LF might get appointed Warden of the North if he crushes the Boltons, not for giving them Sansa. And if the Boltons wanted something to secure their claim, as you said, a fake Sansa would work just as good if the Boltons and the other Northeners didn't know that it is an impostor. Giving them the real Sansa wasn't necessary to make the plan work. 

I agree that it was done for selfish story's reasons such as to make LF and Sansa fall apart and to make Sansa's story more dynamic, possibly more interesting and to make her interact with another  well known characters such as Roose, Ramsay and Theon. I just say that, from a logic's perspective, it is a bit too risky to put Sansa in such an dangerous and unpredictable position when LF couldn't be sure enough of the outcome.

On 5/9/2016 at 7:48 PM, King Edd of House Tollet said:

This might be a strecht, but a way to Vale troops reach Winterfell is through White Harbor....Perhaps we will indeed have the Manderlys on the battle, and at the Stark side

I could see the Manderlys turning on the Boltons as soon as the Vale knights ride in...give Ramsey enough time for it to sink in that the Manderlys allowed LF's men through White Harbor.

I always thought that Little Finger was in it for himself. If he wanted to help the Starks, he could have easily helped bed back in kings landing. If he wanted to be a warden, he could have killed off Jon easier and still married Cait's sister with ease. His speech, while not from the books, I think reflected the character in the show very well. LF is in it for himself so that he can effectively rule westeros. 

15 hours ago, hallam said:

You mean Joffrey, not Tommen, right? As far as I remembered, Joffrey was the nasty sociopath and Tommen the sweetheart.

I thought in the show he already talked about what he plan was.  I could have sworn he said that he will let the North fight among themselves and then after they are worn out and many have died he will then go and take the Vale army to the north and take the north for himself.  I think he was talking to Cersei when he talked about this plan.

On 5/11/2016 at 0:38 PM, Stannis Inc said:

He has control of the Vale but he wants complete control of the north. To do that he has to eliminate the current rulers of the north the Boltons. So to do this he arranged the marriage of Sansa to Ramsey this benifits him in multiple ways firstly it gains the trust of the Boltons and lowers their guard to his army..secondly and more importantly it labels the Boltons enemies of the crown which means he doesn't have to worry about the Lannisters too (which he ensured by convincing Cerci he will use his army to deal with it).. Next step is obviously to let Stannis fight them first so as to obviously avoid fighting more than one force.. His next move would've been to march in and take Winterfell..save Sansa from the horrible Botons so she would be installed as Wardeness of the north so he and her can unite the armies of the Vale and the north in order to overthrow the Lannisters who are getting weaker by the day. The only thing I think he didn't count on was Sansa actually escaping before he could make his move..so he will now have to improvise. He has three major forces that he needs to take out so his position can't be compromised..the plan was to let Stannis and the Boltons take each other out, swoop in and take out the winning side then unite the north with the vale using Sansa to take out the last remaining threat to him (The Lannisters)

Great logical summary!

So from the looks of the preview for next episode Sansa will meet up with LF. Meaning that they probably literally just transplanted her in the Jean Poole role and are about to reposition her back into a Vale centric plot without missing much of the book storyline because they mixed and matched with the timeline.

13 minutes ago, lancerman said:

So from the looks of the preview for next episode Sansa will meet up with LF. Meaning that they probably literally just transplanted her in the Jean Poole role and are about to reposition her back into a Vale centric plot without missing much of the book storyline because they mixed and matched with the timeline.

Already?  Man, that teleport LittleFinger uses would make Mel's Red God jealous...

17 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Huh? It looks like the scene is in the North. In any case, it's the Vale army that's teleporting, although "moving by sea" seems like a viable option as well.

3 minutes ago, Pies are coming said:

Huh? It looks like the scene is in the North. In any case, it's the Vale army that's teleporting, although "moving by sea" seems like a viable option as well.

I know. I kind of expect the Vale to move North in the books at the request of Sansa getting Robin to do it. I don't really mind that they made her more active in the plot by her being the catalyst to get Theon to leave, having her meet up with Jon so there is some good moments on that end, and she still gets to be part of the endgame there without being doormant.

Potential spoilers:

I was surprised that they are going to have Sansa reunite with  Littlefinger as early as episode 5. All rumored spoilers from the battle have him riding in at the last moment to save Jon's army. So it's gonna be interesting to see what he is doing until the battle. Maybe he rode ahead of the main force meet Sansa? It seems the most plausible since it would fit the the rumored spoilers for the battle. The Knights of the the Vale arriving just in time to Save Jon.

34 minutes ago, Joshua Smith said:

I was surprised that they are going to have Sansa reunite with  Littlefinger as early as episode 5. All rumored spoilers from the battle have him riding in at the last moment to save Jon's army. So it's gonna be interesting to see what he is doing until the battle. Maybe he rode ahead of the main force meet Sansa? It seems the most plausible since it would fit the the rumored spoilers for the battle. The Knights of the the Vale arriving just in time to Save Jon.

But Littlefinger's original plan was to come out at the last minute with the Vale army not to save the day but to kill the rest of the surviving army and taking Winterfell. 

They show Sansa/Brienne taking the Littlefinger Express next episode to meet up. I believe LF will see a different Sansa with a bear of knight to do her bidding. Sansa has her own Sir Gregor in Brienne of Tarth. If Sansa has learned anything, we will see it in how she plays with Littlefinger. If she is dumb she would kill him for murdering her Aunt Lysa right then and there, if she is smart she will use him and then kill him later.

In S1, Cat told Ned that Robert rode for a month to see him.  (KL to WF = 30 days).

LF is in the Vale, Sansa is at the Wall.

KL to The vale, roughly = WF to the Wall.  Therefore, if LF is meeting Sansa at the wall, 1 month has passed (and this is assuming the roads are similar condition which we know they are not since winter is here).

So even if the both ride towards each other we are talking 15-20 days.

When they meet there is clearly snow, so they are in teh North.  If LF shows up at the wall next episode, I will laugh my ass off.  Jon/Sansa get a letter, they sit aroudn for 30 days before LF shows up? Ya please.

16 minutes ago, tmug said:

But Littlefinger's original plan was to come out at the last minute with the Vale army not to save the day but to kill the rest of the surviving army and taking Winterfell. 

They show Sansa/Brienne taking the Littlefinger Express next episode to meet up. I believe LF will see a different Sansa with a bear of knight to do her bidding. Sansa has her own Sir Gregor in Brienne of Tarth. If Sansa has learned anything, we will see it in how she plays with Littlefinger. If she is dumb she would kill him for murdering her Aunt Lysa right then and there, if she is smart she will use him and then kill him later.

Maybe she won't have to kill him. I mean he did just try and get Bronze Yohn thrown out the Moon Door. Maybe Royce will get some revenge?

I just hope young-ish Robin won't remember that bitch slap Sansa gave him for ruining her snowcastle and then turn on her. It seems like something he would do.

Did you notice that Littlefinger brought young-ish Robin a Falcon of all things? Perhaps LF in a way is saying he is changing his sigil from a Mockingbird to a Falcon. Young-ish Robin always taking about making people "fly", the kid seems to have a fascination with "flight".

Archived