L+R=J ... but where would be the provenance?

MrTrike

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 2:02 AM, MrTrike said:

If as speculated at ToJ, Lyanna tells Ned that the baby Jon is hers and Rhaegar's son and swears Ned to secrecy ... then that still leaves a dilemma. Yes Bran has seen it but how do you convince the last remaining Targaryen (Dani) and indeed Jon that this is true? Perhaps Bran would take Jon back to his ToJ birth? That still leaves proving such a claim is valid to Dani. Everyone is dead who was at ToJ except for Howard Reed ... does Howard have the provenance to prove Jon's parentage? Without such L+R=J is a pretty empty claim ... unless there is some other way to prove this claim? Can see little problem with the Starks accepting Jon is indeed a Stark ... although the rest of Westeros may have a problem with it.

The biggest problem would be finding this 'Howard' Reed, maybe the reveal will be from 'Howard the Duck'?

On 5/17/2016 at 1:41 AM, House Toad said:

If you knew the Holy Grail, instead of your offered ego, you would know of the sketch by sir spankalot, the tower, monastery, castle of virgins who like being whac- a-moled, spawning arcade games.

I think we are talking passed one another - perhaps something is lost in the readings or translations.

If I have offended you or seemed to have put into question your knowledge of MP&tHG, I certainly did not mean to.  Please accept as an apology for any slight, certainly not intended

• 4 months later...

The same people who deny R+L=J, which has the most evidence of any fan theory, are the same ones who believe Tyrion is a Targaryan from the flimsiest literary evidence.

Now that episode 10 confirmed R+L=J we should brace ourselves for the legitimate/illegitimate debates. Also the line of succession debates.

The fact of the matter is the one who has a right to the throne is the one who can take and hold it. So good luck to whomever ends up on it.

Archived