"You have to learn everything"

So Bran as to learn everything.

Except what is inside the Tower?

Except Jon's parentage?

Except how he can communicate telepathically with people trough time?

Except the 3 eyed raven's name?

......:huh:

Why is he being so cryptic?

I allways though Bloodraven was a force of good and had good intentions because of the books. But the show may go in another way. This episode made think that the 3eyed raven is plotting something that Bran would be against, or lying to Bran so he does things for him.

Since the show hasn't confirmed the 3eyed ravens name yet do you think D&D are going to change his identity?

He also said he was a thousand years old instead of being ~125 llike he would be if he were Brynden Rivers.:huh:

Well the show hasn't really said anything about him. He wanted Bran to come to him because Bran is important, and then... nothing else, as far as I can tell. We don't know who he is, where he came from, why he's sitting in some tree roots, what do the trees have to do with anything anyway, what happened to his hair and beard and why he's giving Bran tours of the past.

Obviously Bran must have asked off-screen, but we're not allowed to know what he knows because..? <_<

5 minutes ago, Direwight said:

Well the show hasn't really said anything about him. He wanted Bran to come to him because Bran is important, and then... nothing else, as far as I can tell. We don't know who he is, where he came from, why he's sitting in some tree roots, what do the trees have to do with anything anyway, what happened to his hair and beard and why he's giving Bran tours of the past.

Obviously Bran must have asked off-screen, but we're not allowed to know what he knows because..? <_<

LOL the plot is so confusing and full of plotholes I'm glad I have the books

5 hours ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

I allways though Bloodraven was a force of good and had good intentions because of the books.

Just curious as to whatever gave you this impression.  If anything, I've always suspected the 3ER, and the COTF as up to absolutely no good.  They are certainly using Bran, but to what end we do not know, either show or book wise. I certainly do not trust any of them, Bloodraven least of all.  

Completely off point, but after this week's needless slaughter of poor Shaggy, I really need them to give us some Summer. 

We can only guess.

White Walkers true purpose, what they really want...or how the last war was fought.

They guy who played young Ser Rodrik will be in episode 5 so maybe Hodor origins. There is something about him only being able to say HODOR and how he got into this state.

Of course what is inside of Tower of Joy. I doubt Bloodraven wants him to see only he fight and not what is inside. But everything needs to come at the right time from his perspective. But I think Bran might go there on his own or in general do something stupid, which allows White Walkers to maybe interact with him in the vision. When NK grabbed his hand. We also saw White Walkers in what looks like his cave and tree around.

11 minutes ago, LyrnaSnowBunnyAvenger said:

Just curious as to whatever gave you this impression.  If anything, I've always suspected the 3ER, and the COTF as up to absolutely no good.  They are certainly using Bran, but to what end we do not know, either show or book wise. I certainly do not trust any of them, Bloodraven least of all.  

This.

I find AFFC/ADWD much more interesting when you view Bran and Arya's storylines as parallel. Both get a new teacher, both travel to a new place, both encounter a child-like female who is far older than she seems, both teachers seem to be hiding something. If you read the Arya's first encounter with the Kindly Man and Bran's first encounter with 3EC back to back, the parallel is hard to miss.

Yet, almost every book reader I know is 100% positive that Arya will leave the Faceless Men and that the Faceless Men are up to no good, while also believing that Bran will be stuck in a tree forever and the 3EC and COTF are teaching him how to save the world. If their stories are meant to be parallel, I don't see that type of divergence happening.

41 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

We can only guess.

White Walkers true purpose, what they really want...or how the last war was fought.

They guy who played young Ser Rodrik will be in episode 5 so maybe Hodor origins. There is something about him only being able to say HODOR and how he got into this state.

Of course what is inside of Tower of Joy. I doubt Bloodraven wants him to see only he fight and not what is inside. But everything needs to come at the right time from his perspective. But I think Bran might gothere on his own or in egneral do something stupid which allows White Walkers to maybe interact with him in the vision. When NK grabbed his hand. We also saw White Walkers in what looks like his cave and tre around.

Did the NK grab his hand?!! What teaser is that in? That is creepy.... I wonder if that is how they'll be able to track him and find the cave?

I think the 3ER is trying to do the same thing with Bran that the Faceless men are trying to do with Arya...rid them of their own self-interests. As in "yes this particular bit is important to you personally, but not important to the mission/world/big picture." Whatever that big picture is remains to be seen, but I think part of the reason the 3ER pulled Bran out of the vision is because his focus was on his dad, not on what he was presumably supposed to be there to see. The fact that Bran's family is going to be involved in a LOT of important events that the 3ER is going to want to show him is going to serve as a constant distraction, and I think that is what's worrying the 3ER.

10 minutes ago, Jon Snow Bengal said:

Did the NK grab his hand?!! What teaser is that in? That is creepy.... I wonder if that is how they'll be able to track him and find the cave?

Game of Thrones March Madness promo here.

He grabbed his hand in what is vision (even Isaac talked about it if Iam not mistaken) and curiously Bran is there alone. usually he is with Bloodraven. Like Bloodraven said to him "if you stay there too long, you'll drown." Maybe it even means White Walkers can see him, locate him or do something. Just something he never told him but incase he would like to stay, to warn him. This goes dangerously close to Lotr and Frodo with Sauron. "I can see you" moment.

1 hour ago, LyrnaSnowBunnyAvenger said:

Completely off point, but after this week's needless slaughter of poor Shaggy, I really need them to give us some Summer. 

Well in the Dunk and Egg books the actions of Brynden Rivers as Hand of the King are moraly good and Egg likes him better than other family members. He allways did what was good for the realm and his family.

Unless he had a change of heart after being exiled into the Wall he seemed like an ok guy.

Now that I think about it he was very similar to Tyrion. Tyrion is allways concerned about the realm and its people he even won a crucial battle saving everyone (just like Bloodraven crushed the Blackfyre rebellions with strategic thought and went into battle).

Like Tyrion he should be called a hero but instead people despise him and tell awfull rumours about him. (Tyrion the Imp the monster - Bloodraven was blamed for the Spring Sickness and for the drought and accused of encursing the King bending him to his will etc..)

32 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Game of Thrones March Madness promo here.

He grabbed his hand in what is vision (even Isaac talked about it if Iam not mistaken) and curiously Bran is there alone. usually he is with Bloodraven. Like Bloodraven said to him "if you stay there too long, you'll drown." Maybe it even means White Walkers can see him, locate him or do something. Just something he never told him but incase he would like to stay, to warn him. This goes dangerously close to Lotr and Frodo with Sauron. "I can see you" moment.

Yes it does and Bran looks really scared too. I don't know how i missed that grab moment. Maybe NK will be a 'good guy'? Or not. If this were GRRMs story (its not its the TV show) I wouldn't cast him as a villian just yet because no one is completely good or evil. But anyway, I wonder what episode that will be? It looks fantastic.

7 hours ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

So Bran as to learn everything.

Except what is inside the Tower?

Except Jon's parentage?

Except how he can communicate telepathically with people trough time?

Except the 3 eyed raven's name?

......:huh:

Why is he being so cryptic?

I allways though Bloodraven was a force of good and had good intentions because of the books. But the show may go in another way. This episode made think that the 3eyed raven is plotting something that Bran would be against, or lying to Bran so he does things for him.

Since the show hasn't confirmed the 3eyed ravens name yet do you think D&D are going to change his identity?

He also said he was a thousand years old instead of being ~125 llike he would be if he were Brynden Rivers.:huh:

I think he's gonna turn Bran into the bad guy. Series started bran good guy vs Jamie bad guy and will end in the reverse. Too lazy to cite book evidence 

Just now, Jon Snow Bengal said:

Yes it does and Bran looks really scared too. I don't know how i missed that grab moment. Maybe NK will be a 'good guy'? Or not. If this were GRRMs story (its not its the TV show) I wouldn't cast him as a villian just yet because no one is completely good or evil. But anyway, I wonder what episode that will be? It looks fantastic.

He's already been cast as a villain, remember Hardhome?

5 hours ago, LucifeLMartelL said:

But isn't 3ER  - Brynden Rivers a Targaryen loyalist and John being a Targaryen which he clearly knows , i think he will eventually do what lies in John's best interest through Bran, well that's what i think 

Honestly, yeah. In the books, it would make sense that Bloodraven would actually be keeping tabs on the Night's Watch in general, due to the fact hes a former LC. And thats what he has been doing. (Mormont's Raven) And here comes this rugrat into the Watch who claims to be Ned Stark's bastard. Benjen Stark goes missing. Naturally Bloodraven is going to keep watching this kid, especially if he somehow witnessed his conception. BR has every reason to have interest in Jon, considering he would be considered a Great Bastard himself. Why wouldnt BR want to relay something through Bran to Jon? Especially if it could coalesce with fighting the Others? 

8 hours ago, LyrnaSnowBunnyAvenger said:

This. 

Like, random Max Von Sydow makes your spidey sense tingle, but shady and ruthless Bloodraven and the paste-eating creepy Skull Kids from Zelda give you good guy vibes? 

It's the other way around for me. Like at least Poison Ivy in the show mentioned the possibility of actually leaving the cave and fighting the Others, whereas the Children in the books are too busy turning Jojen into Soylent Green. 

Bloodraven is the most trustworthy person in the Seven Kingdoms. He did nothing but serve the realm, he's kind of like Show Varys in that perspective. Bloodraven wields so much power he could make the entire world his bitch yet he's rooted to a tree for decades and is helping the new generation fulfill their destiny.

I'm not sure why people think he's up to no good. He's training Bran to use his powers responsibly. The fact that Bran doesn't want to leave the past and immediately jumps to the idea to influence it, without knowing the full story or caring at all what changing things could mean for present events is great cause for alarm.

You wouldn't give a 4 yearold full access of the oven or your e-mail account. Why should the three Eyed Raven let an untrained immature Bran loose on very important events?

12 minutes ago, Petite Psycophant said:

Bloodraven is the most trustworthy person in the Seven Kingdoms. He did nothing but serve the realm, he's kind of like Show Varys in that perspective. ...

This Bloodraven individual seems to be on the up and up. Good for him.

But the 3ER tells us he's 1000 years old, so he's not Brynden Rivers. 

Archived