Why Jon/Arya could work in the Books. I'll explain in a quick Essay!

Stormourne

8 hours ago, Sensenmenn said:

With Jon and Arya its cousins so not insest and no comparison to Jaime and cerci. 

It's still incest if they're cousins :/  Plus they've been raised as brother and sister so it's creepy as hell

Just now, norwaywolf123 said:

The North?

The Iron Throne? 

The seven kingdoms. It was in one of the posts I quoted saying that I agree. 

Heres some AGOT foreshadowing:

"You," Ned said, kissing her lightly on the brow, "will marry a king and rule his castle, and your sons will be knights and princes and lords and, yes, perhaps even a High Septon." - Ned V

28 minutes ago, Joan Jett said:

The seven kingdoms. It was in one of the posts I quoted saying that I agree. 

Heres some AGOT foreshadowing:

"You," Ned said, kissing her lightly on the brow, "will marry a king and rule his castle, and your sons will be knights and princes and lords and, yes, perhaps even a High Septon." - Ned V

Wishfull thinking...... This is what every father tells there daughters......

Jon and Arya don't even belong in the south! They have the wrong religon and wrong culture. Hopefully religon will get a bigger role now that the faith has been militarised. The medieavel world was not secular. 

1 State, 1 Faith, 1 King

10 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Jon and Arya don't even belong in the south! They have the wrong religon and wrong culture. Hopefully religon will get a bigger role now that the faith has been militarised. The medieavel world was not secular. 

1 State, 1 Faith, 1 King

That's what GRRM wants you to think, but you're not thinking in the context of the story. There were no kings for Arya to marry. The only King was Robert and he was married. The crowned prince was betrothed to Sansa, Arya's own sister. 

Ned tells Sansa that she will marry a man worthy of her while he tells Arya that she will marry a king. He wouldn't just say that off the fly because it doesn't make sense. It's foreshadowing. I think it would be bittersweet if Jon and Arya went south to rule and had to abandon the Old Gods. The Targaryens also had to adopt the faith of the seven when they started ruling Westeros. 

32 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

1 State, 1 Faith, 1 King

Personally I think that there is a good chance that by the end of the story the North will be lost and Moat Coalin will become the new border of the realms of men and even if not thematically neither Jon nor Arya actually belong to North.

Arya named her wolf after Nymeria a woman who endured a perilous journey with her people and created something new in Dorne but never returned home. IMO I think that the conclusion of Arya's will be her accepting her responsibility as a high born woman Stark and maybe even Tully (doesn't mean wearing dresses and telling empty courtesies but caring about people and actually using her real identity and name for most of the time) She is in Braavos now, but she has story wise connection with Kingslanding and even more with Riverlands. Out of the 5 main characters and even counting Sansa she is the voice of Riverlands.

As for Jon, if I knew the books will be finished for sure I would bet a lot of money that he will travel south at least to places so related to his parent's story: Trident and Harenhall. Most readers and POVs like Tyrion see Jon only as a Nothman but I see that as GRRMs intentional misleading. You have to look past looks. Jon was born in Dorne, he travelled trough whole realm from it's almost most remote south point to it's northern border that is something very powerful and symbolical in that. He did not belong to Winterfell he did not belong to the Wall, he is missing part of his identity and that missing piece lies south.

1 hour ago, Joan Jett said:

That's what GRRM wants you to think, but you're not thinking in the context of the story. There were no kings for Arya to marry. The only King was Robert and he was married. The crowned prince was betrothed to Sansa, Arya's own sister. 

Ned tells Sansa that she will marry a man worthy of her while he tells Arya that she will marry a king. He wouldn't just say that off the fly because it doesn't make sense. It's foreshadowing. I think it would be bittersweet if Jon and Arya went south to rule and had to abandon the Old Gods. The Targaryens also had to adopt the faith of the seven when they started ruling Westeros. 

Aegon, Visenya and Rhaenys had dragons. Jon don't, he can't fool people that easily. The Old God's are followed by heathens in the eyes of the seven. Not even heretic..... There were a french king who was protestant who converted to be cathholic to rule France, but that was just a diffrent sect of the same religion. There were wars about this, mostly about how to worship god. The Old Gods and the Faith of the Seven are to compleatly diffrent religions. One is organised another is not. The longer the North is under the Iron Throne the more the Faith of the Seven will penetrate the North. The Faith of the Seven is also a organised religon that looks down upon the Old Gods.

If Grrm makes Jon and/or Arya king/queen he will have completly ignored the impact religion had one people.

The Drunk Septon on the wall dislikes Jon Snow becouse of his Faith.

"Great" Jon Umber complains that the Southrons follow the wrong gods.

29 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Aegon, Visenya and Rhaenys had dragons. Jon don't, he can't fool people that easily. The Old God's are followed by heathens in the eyes of the seven. Not even heretic..... There were a french king who was protestant who converted to be cathholic to rule France, but that was just a diffrent sect of the same religion. There were wars about this, mostly about how to worship god. The Old Gods and the Faith of the Seven are to compleatly diffrent religions. One is organised another is not. The longer the North is under the Iron Throne the more the Faith of the Seven will penetrate the North. The Faith of the Seven is also a organised religon that looks down upon the Old Gods.

If Grrm makes Jon and/or Arya king/queen he will have completly ignored the impact religion had one people.

The Drunk Septon on the wall dislikes Jon Snow becouse of his Faith.

"Great" Jon Umber complains that the Southrons follow the wrong gods.

Yes they had dragons, but the rest of their line still converted to the faith in order to be accepted as rulers.

Like I said before it would be bittersweet if Jon and Arya converted to the faith of the seven. 

40 minutes ago, Joan Jett said:

Yes they had dragons, but the rest of their line still converted to the faith in order to be accepted as rulers.

Like I said before it would be bittersweet if Jon and Arya converted to the faith of the seven. 

unrealistic. never never never

I see Jon more as Cregan Stark. of winterfell not of kingslanding

If Jon and Arya don't want the Iron Throne there are plenty of heirs still kicking around. Remember Aegon the Unworthy? Both of Egg the Unlikelys sisters married and had children.....

-Spoilers ahead for Season 6 episode 5- You've been warned.

Summer is dead on the show, which leads me to believe he might perish in the books. If Nymeria and Ghost are the last direwolves left in Westeros (I make this assumption because we've never seen other direwolves in both the show and books - I could be wrong). But if they do become the last direwolves left alive, they might... you know, mate with one another. And this could be one method in which Jon and Arya start to bond together, becoming more than just 'siblings/cousins.' Since they are both wargs, and they have warg dreams. They could theoretically have warg dreams at the same time while their direwolves "play around." How awkward would that be, lol. Who knows, the primal emotions in the direwolves could effect their respective 'hoomans'.  ^^ What do you guys think?

23 minutes ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

-Spoilers ahead for Season 6 episode 5- You've been warned.

Summer is dead on the show, which leads me to believe he might perish in the books. If Nymeria and Ghost are the last direwolves left in Westeros (I make this assumption because we've never seen other direwolves in both the show and books - I could be wrong). But if they do become the last direwolves left alive, they might... you know, mate with one another. And this could be one method in which Jon and Arya start to bond together, becoming more than just 'siblings/cousins.' Since they are both wargs, and they have warg dreams. They could theoretically have warg dreams at the same time while their direwolves "play around." How awkward would that be, lol. Who knows, the primal emotions in the direwolves could effect their respective 'hoomans'.  ^^ What do you guys think?

The way I see is that Sansa and Bran shed their "wolf skins" to become some kind of different animal - "a little bird" and "a raven" respectfully. As Leaf told us "direwolves will survive them all but die as well". I do not see Nymeria surviving, because I see Arya becoming "a cat", shedding her "wolf skin" as well.

Jon is different, he has a wolf skin in Ghost, but he is not an ordinary animal, he is "a dragon". And I think GRRM showed us that dragons are dangerous, they are weapons of destructive force named "fire". They need to go if the world would want some hope for spring, just like White Walkers and undead need to go because they are main "ice" weapon.

So I think Jon's body will be burned unless Bran shall see some use for future in his bones, and his consciousness will be transported to weirwoods on Isle of Faces. Or maybe Jon wargs into Ghost and stays there forever, thus becoming a literal ghost on Isle of Faces, next to his brother, Bran, "the raven". Raven is a companion to wolf in many mythologies after all.

1 hour ago, Scorpion92 said:

The way I see is that Sansa and Bran shed their "wolf skins" to become some kind of different animal - "a little bird" and "a raven" respectfully. As Leaf told us "direwolves will survive them all but die as well". I do not see Nymeria surviving, because I see Arya becoming "a cat", shedding her "wolf skin" as well.

Jon is different, he has a wolf skin in Ghost, but he is not an ordinary animal, he is "a dragon". And I think GRRM showed us that dragons are dangerous, they are weapons of destructive force named "fire". They need to go if the world would want some hope for spring, just like White Walkers and undead need to go because they are main "ice" weapon.

So I think Jon's body will be burned unless Bran shall see some use for future in his bones, and his consciousness will be transported to weirwoods on Isle of Faces. Or maybe Jon wargs into Ghost and stays there forever, thus becoming a literal ghost on Isle of Faces, next to his brother, Bran, "the raven". Raven is a companion to wolf in many mythologies after all.

That's an interesting point of view about the symbolism that the direwolves might represent. I think Nymeria will survive in order to reunite with Arya. I think Nymeria will play a big part in helping Arya reclaim her true identity.

5 hours ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

That's an interesting point of view about the symbolism that the direwolves might represent. I think Nymeria will survive in order to reunite with Arya. I think Nymeria will play a big part in helping Arya reclaim her true identity.

Yeah, I am not saying Arya and Nymeria will not reunite, I am just saying that Nymeria and her super pack might not survive the winter, but what do I know. 

• 2 weeks later...

How's this for bittersweet?  If Jon is AA and Arya is NN. After sacrificing Arya and creating Lightbringer Jon will end the Long Night. Then as a Warg knowing that Arya is now living in Nymeria, Jon will sacrifice himself (probably in battle) to enter Ghost and Ghost and Nym i.e. Jon and Arya will live happily ever after in their direwolves...  I for one think/hope Dany is AA and the dragons are her Lightbringer if a sacrifice is required for the prophecy. I'm all for Jon/Arya to end up together at the end of the books. If Jon does Warg into Ghost for the first half of Winds, I definitely see him meeting up with Nym and the wolves sparking the evolved attraction between the two humans from siblings to love interests.

Archived