The monkeys growing?

1 minute ago, zalim said:

Well ppl will pirate the books no matter the release date...

i think WoW with tie up alot of loose ends and will take us into another direction...i still think there might just be another book after dream of spring or somehting...

Yes but there is a HUGE difference from people pirating because they pirate and people who are pirating because Martin took so long. Again I am not suggesting that it is right, but I am merely stating that he has pushes some of his fanbase (paying customers) towards "stealing" the book instead of paying for it. 

30 minutes ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

Yes but there is a HUGE difference from people pirating because they pirate and people who are pirating because Martin took so long. Again I am not suggesting that it is right, but I am merely stating that he has pushes some of his fanbase (paying customers) towards "stealing" the book instead of paying for it. 

"Waaaaaahhhhh, you took so long to write a book, i'm going to steal from you", is basically what i'm hearing.

31 minutes ago, Lord Hanna said:

"Waaaaaahhhhh, you took so long to write a book, i'm going to steal from you", is basically what i'm hearing.

There will be some, it's a sad thing, but it does happen in this world.

4 hours ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

let me give you few examples..

GoT is the MOST pirated show maybe in history yet every season is MORE expensive thn the last (i hate it for all the plotholes) the reason ? its popularity and thanks to us the fans of the books and community like these, it had made GRRM and the books even more popular thn it was before GoT....

one more example before Lotr trilogy came out, millions of ppl new how it would end...

before the trilogy Lotr was one of the most sold out books on planet but not THE most sold out and AFTER the Lotr Trilogly thanks to the fan of lotr universe from lotr wikia like us they made the books more popular by comparing and finding errors in the movie and with not shock after the trilogly Lotr sold 50 million more copies all around the world making it THE most sold out book ever and most read book ever (according to wikipedia and stats from other resources... 

so now 100 million copies sold in over 60 years and thn 50 million sold withiin the margin of 3-5 years after the trilogy of Lotr..

it says that quality and popularity make the book sell, yes pirating will always happen, scripts will always get leaked before they are release but if the quality of the writer is good and fan base is true, pirating wont effect him.. 

a pirate pirates a book 1 time maybe in written formate or maybe in Audio formate 

but a true fan like me and i am sure martin has like millions of fans like me who buy audiobooks, paperback and hardcover AND special editions of ASOIAF and related books so now i have all ASOIAF related books in many different formates and shapes lol. So due to fans like these piracy doesnt really play THAT huge of a role because books are something that stay alive for generations and centuries...

5 hours ago, Lord Hanna said:

Can you read? I said it was not a good thing and that I would definitely buy it, but that some people would do it. It was in response to Martin losing money on Winds by another poster.

44 minutes ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

Can you read? I said it was not a good thing and that I would definitely buy it, but that some people would do it. It was in response to Martin losing money on Winds by another poster.

Those are probably the people who look for any excuse to pirate anyway though. You know, the "well I wouldn't buy it anyway but I'll read it because I can get it for free..." types

16 minutes ago, Crixus said:

True. I intend to buy the hard copy as soon as it is available. 

The end of S6 has elevated my anxious, resentful hankering for the book tenfold. :(

Same, but apparently he isn't nearly done. He just got really angry at someone suggesting he would announce a release at his next Con.

8 hours ago, JonisHenryTudor said:
1 hour ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

(I hate the quoting on this site) I never said i was talking about you. What i described is exactly what i heard when you were talking about the people you know who said that. Nothing i said was wrong. Whiny entitled assholes, that's all. 

2 hours ago, HairGrowsBack said:

Well, that was my take on it, but maybe more like exasperated ? (Which I get, to be honest) :

http://grrm.livejournal.com/492117.html#comments

There really was no need for that from GRRM. The guy is obviously a huge fan and was just being hopeful, not outright rude. 

GRRM's response was the response of a frustrated man under pressure.

3 minutes ago, Yin & Yang said:

There really was no need for that from GRRM. The guy is obviously a huge fan and was just being hopeful, not outright rude. 

GRRM's response was the response of a frustrated man under pressure.

Well, he is all of that, but I also get that he's tired of everyone nagging him about it. He must have been asked a billion times already. I agree that the poor guy meant well, though.

1 hour ago, HairGrowsBack said:

Well, he is all of that, but I also get that he's tired of everyone nagging him about it. He must have been asked a billion times already. I agree that the poor guy meant well, though.

I'm surprised he replied to that commenter at all. People will work in ways all the time to bring up TWOW on his blog despite his posts having nothing to do with it. They are just looking for any cookie to keep them satisfied.

But I agree. He seemed annoyed with that person's comment based on his response.

4 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

I'm surprised he replied to that commenter at all. People will work in ways all the time to bring up TWOW on his blog despite his posts having nothing to do with it. They are just looking for any cookie to keep them satisfied.

But I agree. He seemed annoyed with that person's comment based on his response.

I can't blame them though. I mean it's been 5 years and lets be honest, not everyone is happy with some of the choices the tv show made. It really does feel like ages since I last read ADWD, I'm probably going to need to give it a reread once this book has a date, just to remember where everyone is.

56 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

I'm thinking he responded  as a warning to those who'd want to do the same (and in a more blunt manner, probably).

On 6/24/2016 at 3:25 PM, sifth said:

When she was stabbed 3 times and was running and jumping around the next episode.

Oh you were talking about the show, I was under the impression we don't mention the show in this part of the forums, we mention it in the shows book spoiler threads over in the show section. I haven't watched the show since they messed with her arc in S2, so I don't know what's going on, nor do I want to if it is show related.

6 hours ago, sifth said:

I can't blame them though. I mean it's been 5 years and lets be honest, not everyone is happy with some of the choices the tv show made. It really does feel like ages since I last read ADWD, I'm probably going to need to give it a reread once this book has a date, just to remember where everyone is.

This is the time of year for me, as GOT season ends when I am just dying to read new ASOIAF book, would be great if George could manage to finish and release the book by end of the year/January!

But again, I am counting the months and wonder, its been 7!!! months since New Year and the book doesn't even look close to finished, especially based on grrm exasperatingly answering like this to a fan hint,  I just keep wondering again and again, how in the world he even thought possible last August that he would be able to finish the book by November (then) deadline. He obviously had at least good 9 months to a year worth of work left on the book, not 2-3 months worth

Archived