Football: Fox hunt failed - Leicester are Champions!

Mexal

I'm trying to make myself feel better by saying that if Liverpool wins I wouldn't mind missing the match and if Liverpool loses then it's probably for the best I don't see it so I don't get pissed off. It's yet to produce the results I'm hoping for.

4 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Similar for me Baxus.  I'm traveling to DC for a client meeting.  I'll be able to check the scores online during the match but if it goes to ET I'll have to wait until late night to get the result.  I'll DVR the game even though I know I can't resist checking the result before I watch. 

let's get a beer. 

2 minutes ago, MercifulChief said:

let's get a beer. 

Yes!

So it looks like I'll have a gap between my meeting and the dinner with the client.  So from 3-5pm eastern time I'm in Arlington and looking for a sports bar to watch the game (and hoping it doesn't go to extra time). 

Then after dinner it's straight back to Reagan for an 8e flight out. 

So who's available to watch the game in Arlington this afternoon?

1 hour ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Yes!

So it looks like I'll have a gap between my meeting and the dinner with the client.  So from 3-5pm eastern time I'm in Arlington and looking for a sports bar to watch the game (and hoping it doesn't go to extra time). 

Then after dinner it's straight back to Reagan for an 8e flight out. 

So who's available to watch the game in Arlington this afternoon?

damn. I will still be at work then.  

Thanks for the tip Kair.  We just walked into the Buffalo Wild Wings on Crystal Drive (close to the client office and the dinner restaurant) so my colleagues can work while I watch the game.  It's an insipid, soulless franchise as a compromise but oddly appropriate for watching the game on company time. 

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

holy shit, how many empty seats last night at old trafford?  it really shows how many of their fans are from elsewhere than manchester. 

To be fair, I don't think many clubs could have sold out a game rearranged on a Tuesday night with two days' notice.

4 minutes ago, mormont said:

To be fair, I don't think many clubs could have sold out a game rearranged on a Tuesday night with two days' notice.

Not to mention that the game was basically reduced to a damp squib after the City result. I suspect that had Swansea won the attendance would have been much better if not a full house.

1 minute ago, Mark Antony said:

Hahahaha that's the third time they've handled it in the box. So stupid 

I don't think the second was deliberate to be fair, just a missed corner, but two of them looked good shouts to me plus Milner getting taken out was a foul for me as well. Hard to see how we haven't got a least one of them.

Archived