Football: Fox hunt failed - Leicester are Champions!

Mexal

They settled better at the start of the game but as we found our feet we got more and more dangerous and had much better chances.  A pity it's only 1-0.  They can use the break to make some changes in shape or style and should improve in the second half.  We need to continue doing well but also adapt to whatever they change.  It's only a narrow margin right now.  

50 minutes ago, mormont said:

To be fair, I don't think many clubs could have sold out a game rearranged on a Tuesday night with two days' notice.

you don't have to sell it out, the season ticket holders get in for free.  most other clubs, 95% of their fans can still get there on a tuesday.  

3 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

you don't have to sell it out, the season ticket holders get in for free.  most other clubs, 95% of their fans can still get there on a tuesday.  

Sorry, but no. As polish says, it was a meaningless fixture, rearranged at two days' notice. If it had been anywhere else, including St James' Park, there would still have been huge stretches of empty seats.

Pretty sure that's game over.

Damn, this is a depressing end to a UEFA Cup campaign which had been going so well even as far as the first half of this game. Fair play to Sevilla, they responded pretty well after struggling in the first half.

Liverpool unlucky in the first half. Not sure I would have given the first handball, as the defender cannot chop his arm off (thus natural postition etc), but the second and third I'd say should be given. 

Sevilla simply better after half time.

4 minutes ago, Notone said:

Liverpool doesn't need a new keeper, it needs a left full back. Moreno is so awful defensively.

There's already a lot of frustration with him.  After his performance tonight, I don't know how he can redeem himself with the fans.  He wasn't helped by Coutinho's disappearing act either. 

5 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

Liverpool unlucky in the first half. Not sure I would have given the first handball, as the defender cannot chop his arm off (thus natural postition etc), but the second and third I'd say should be given. 

Sevilla simply better after half time.

That sums it up.  We should have been out of sight.  But we fell apart in the second half. 

Liverpool need their creative players to turn up. Sturridge did - partly - today with his goal, which was a moment of brilliance. Firmino, Coutinho and Lallana, however, never showed up. Coutinho especially needs to be present in attack, because he's not very good in defence.

That's always been Coutinho's problem. When he shows up he looks the goods, but he's always had these stretches in games where he just completely vanishes and when he's not doing absolute magic he basically isn't doing anything.

I'm not always Firmino's biggest fan but at least he tends to put himself about.

Archived