Football: Fox hunt failed - Leicester are Champions!

Mexal

19 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Check the Sky team's outrageous overreaction to what seems to be for the most part a pretty good-natured pitch invasion. Sure there must have been some fights but '1980 all over again' is a pathetic description.

Yeah, the BBC were the same. To be fair, the Rangers fans were on the pitch too and they were anything but good-natured so it did have the potential to get unpleasant but it didn't.

Well done to Hibs. I kind of want to be churlish about this but I can't. :) Particularly not the manner of the win: with the captain scoring the winner in the last minute after staying on despite being hurt. If you're going to win a cup after 114 years and 10 lost finals, that's how to do it.

To be fair, the Rangers fans were on the pitch too and they were anything but good-natured so it did have the potential to get unpleasant but it didn't.

Ahum, isn't that what Huns do qua definition?

And no European football for Sevco Huns. :')

47 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

The German cup final isn't available here so I'll have to watch the last third of the bore-fest. 

since it's on German free tv, my guess is you might be able to watch it on the official site.

http://www.sportschau.de/fussball/dfbpokal/videostream-das-dfb-pokalfinale-im-livestream-100.html

I am somewhat curious if that works from the US without a proxy.

20 minutes ago, brAnthelAstgreenseer said:

Stupid gameplay. Is Smalling ever going to learn?

Considering he's been mostly fantastic this season, I can forgive him the odd rick. Was silly, but it's not as if he makes a habit of it nowadays.

Lingard's finish was a belter.

Phew, that was tense. The game was largely a snoozefest though but did improve a bit once the first goal was scored. I thought we were fucked when Smalling was sent off but that was a fantastic strike by Lingard. A worthy goal to win the cup.

Turgid football.  At least Nas can celebrate EL qualification and no-one has to see Pardew dance again. 

Zaha needs to develop a cross or shot to follow the mazy dribble.  Rooney stood up when needed, unlike Liverpool's disappearing midfield act.

Archived