Football: Fox hunt failed - Leicester are Champions!

Mexal

6 hours ago, mormont said:

Rooney could absolutely topple Mourinho.

Maybe. It also depends on how quickly or well United fans and the hierarchy take towards Mourinho. If things go really well at the start of the season and Mourinho behaves himself, I don't think it will be much of an issue, even if Rooney has a bit of a sulk.

As Ferguson once said, the players will tolerate murders if they think you're going to make them winners.

my hope for man united is a bit of success under crazy jose. I want then to play energetic attacking football the fans want. it would be fun to see him change his ways a bit and even more fun to see the fans forced to support him.

oh, and then have it all collapse and crumble later on.

No, Mourinho won't ever change. United and part of their fanbase wanted Mourinho, they will get Mourinho. I am somewhat looking forward, when they start looking back to van Gaal's football with some sort of fond memories. :lol:

Edit: Ibrahimovic is reported to be in talks with L.A.

22 minutes ago, Notone said:

No, Mourinho won't ever change. United and part of their fanbase wanted Mourinho, they will get Mourinho. I am somewhat looking forward, when they start looking back to van Gaal's football with some sort of fond memories. :lol:

Depends. At the start of this season there were criticisms of LVG's style of play but those were fairly muted as we were getting the results. It was only around December, when we went through that slump, that the outcry became really loud. If Mourinho's turgid brand of football brings better results than LVG's turgid brand of football, then I can see the bulk of the fans grudgingly accepting it. At this point, better results is all we can hope for. I foresee another season of United being a chore to watch and me fighting the urge to change the channel.

So next season, Pep is at City, Conte at Chelsea, Wenger remain at Arsenal, Klopp at Liverpool, Mourinho at United. Add to that a rather successful Pochettino at Spurs, and the question becomes: how many will be employed by the same club at the end of the season? And who loses his job first?

I think Conte will struggle most the first season, but it may be accepted by the club that he needs to rebuild? 

Was thinking of Wenger, but while he may have problems with the fan base, he seems to have an almost unassailable bond with the board. At least from where I'm sitting, which is - admittedly - very far away :D 

Also, rumours that Unai Emery is going to talk to Everton. Not sure if another cup-winning coach is the answer, but at least this one hasn't been relegated while winning. If he's also not delusionally positive, he may be a good choice. 

Klopp will finish the season with Liverpool.

Klopp is really good at tapping into the emotions of players and fans. In a way that makes him the perfect fit for Liverpool. 

City won't sack their savior either, and he has a decent chore to work with.

Conte will probably have some leeway after this rather dire season from Chelsea.

I think Pochetino is the most likely from that group to not finish the next season. 

10 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

Was thinking of Wenger, but while he may have problems with the fan base, he seems to have an almost unassailable bond with the board

He'll walk if we don't do well next year - that's just my gut feeling though. 

4 minutes ago, Notone said:

Aren't you mistaking your gut feeling for wishful thinking here? 

Well, you clearly have not been following this thread for that long. I'd be more than happy if he stayed longer. And it's based on him waiting till about the last minute before his previous contract extension. 

1 hour ago, Raja said:

He'll walk if we don't do well next year - that's just my gut feeling though. 

I think this likely true. I don't think he'd ever be fired by the board but he might decline to sign a contract extension if we're not playing well. Basically, Wenger will leave on his own terms, not the board or the fans. 

34 minutes ago, Raja said:

ITV commentator saying 'Turkey is known for late challenges" - Whereas England is the bastion for perfectly time challenges 

Of course they are! Haven't you ever witnessed Lee Cattermole?

Archived