Football: Fox hunt failed - Leicester are Champions!

Mexal

Rafa! rafa! rafa! rafa!

I admit to getting emotional watching the toon lay waste to spurs the final match of the season as the locals serenaded rafa in full voice urging him to stay.

the environment at St James is epic. I am so excited for our winter trip!

1 hour ago, Sept Sev said:

I pay over three times that amount for third division football. :crying:

Presumably that is standing? How easy is it to get a ticket at that price, as I have heard that at most places getting the cheapest season ticket option is almost impossible and the rest are quite a bit more expensive?

First of all, yes. It's standing. And it's with club membership discount. Though without the discount it would be 177€. So not really that much of a difference. And discounted tickets are cheaper still (e.g. mine would be with a disability, senior or student's discount 130 €). On a different terrace you could shave off 20 € from those prices. Anyway. Which would be the cheapest regular options.

A normal seat would be 328 € (regular) 243 € (discount)  296 € (members) for a season ticket. 

Our most expensive season tickets cost without any discount 520 €. So you'd be at the top end of prices, without discounts.

We have capacity of 29.500, and last season we had 99.2% utilization rate. Half or so is season tickets. And for new season tickets, atm there's a waiting list of around 10.000 for new season tickets. Available new season tickets each year 150-300. I don't have stats for each section, seperately.

You can do the math. 

I did not include prices for kids under 12, which are cheaper still. I also did not include the prices for wheelchair and blind folks. 

Sturridge got injured on his very first day training with England.  Does Hodgson put him on a rack?

Not to pile on the women's football teams but from what little I have seen I'm not at all surprised that they would be comfortably beaten by a top level boys team.  But I am surprised that anyone other than aspiring girls would watch them in general.  

8 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

But I am surprised that anyone other than aspiring girls would watch them in general.  

That is an odd view - why not? I watch the Arsenal Ladies team as often as I can - I'd watch more often, but they don't broadcast all the matches. 

Transfer rumour.

Juve is poaching at Barcelona.  Dani Alves and Mascherano are on Juve's shopping list, and have - at least according to Italian media (how crdible is anyone's guess) - reached an agreement with both players.

9 hours ago, Notone said:

Transfer rumour.

Juve is poaching at Barcelona.  Dani Alves and Mascherano are on Juve's shopping list, and have - at least according to Italian media (how crdible is anyone's guess) - reached an agreement with both players.

90% of these transfer rumours are complete rubbish.

Ever since Ferguson left I've had ambiguous feelings towards United.

You sort of didn't want to kick someone when they were down....and at times I really felt sorry for Moyes and Van Gaal.

If they appoint Mourinho, I will now at least have no such ambiguity. Sorry Manchester United fans, but I'd dearly love to see Mourinho completely fail and go out in an arrogant, explosion-laden blaze of non-glory!

Fuck. fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK!

That is all.

ETA. alot of United fans I know are over the moon about Mourinho. Many feel that he will bring success and embrace the United way of attacking football. The former is possible; the latter suggests to me that these people have no clue what type of manager Mourinho is.

I think he'll bring attacking football to the extent that at least they'll score more goals than Van Gaal's side did. It's not as if the attacking side of things can get any worse.

One of the more interesting things will be whether he continues playing the youngsters or not.

I think we can safely say that the chances of Mourinho bringing youngsters through are slim to none. Martial, Rashford and Lingard should be okay but the latter two will probably find their playing time reduced next season. The likes of Fosu-Mensah, Borthwick-Jackson, McNair etc. are unlikely to get much of a look in.

3 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Fuck it's gonna be a long summer. Thank the gods for the Euros and Copa America.

Wonder where Mourinho signing leaves Mata. 

Crying in a fetal position in the left corner of his appartment.

This England/Oz game is pretty entertaining, mainly because the Australians are giving it a real go but with enough gaps in quality to allow England plenty of chances.  Probably not great preparation for cagey games in the Euros.

It does look like, except for Smalling and maybe one of the CMs, this is Hodgson's B team.  Rashford took his chance well -- not very difficult but kept a cool head -- but then made a hash of a very good opportunity that required just a bit more of him.

Archived