Football: Fox hunt failed - Leicester are Champions!

Mexal

I just can't see Arsenal not buying a striker this summer even if they are spending a bit of money on Xhaka. I know it's been said that they need one pretty much every summer the last five years but I'd still be shocked if they didn't buy one this year. 

There's this bloke called Arouna Kone, who I believe would be just perfect for Arsenal. Scores close to the same amount of goals as Giroud, and has been injured a lot - so that's obviously in the past.

I'd consider selling him for as little as £20m. 

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

with all due respect, and he seems like a decent bloke, i don't want him within 100 miles of the 2016 squad. 

Who are you talking about here?

1 hour ago, Mark Antony said:

I just can't see Arsenal not buying a striker this summer even if they are spending a bit of money on Xhaka. I know it's been said that they need one pretty much every summer the last five years but I'd still be shocked if they didn't buy one this year. 

I can't either but as you said, I thought that the last few years. But with Walcott leaving, Giroud sucking and Welbeck hurt, they don't have much of a choice.

As always though, the bottleneck is Wenger. He's indecisive for the most part when it comes to saying yes on transfers. That, and as always, not sure who they find that can plug and play enough to give us the striker we need for next year. Just remember United spent a ridiculous sum on Martial when in need of a striker last year and while supremely talented, still only scored 11 goals in PL (I know he played wing a lot too). Just saying it's hard to find a good striker these days who can come in and score at will early on.

8 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

I believe BFC is talking about Welbeck, Mexal.

And I agree with him to a degree. I know he's had a few good games for you guys recently, but generally he averages 1 goal every 5 games, he sees the pass far too slowly, and his execution isn't brill.

The only thing he's really got going for him is his athletic ability, odd bursts of form aside. He's a useful player to have if you're playing a great side and you need to sacrifice a forward to do a job for the team, but other than that, no thanks.

In fairness I doubt he was going to play as a central striker for England if he did play. One goal on five games isn't great if you were picking him ahead of Kane/Vardy/Sturridge centrally but it doesn't compare too badly to people like Sterling or Lallana who might end up playing out wide. I'm not sure I'd pick him to start but depending on how England want to play I can see how having an option with his pace and work rate would be useful. 

25 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

I believe BFC is talking about Welbeck, Mexal.

And I agree with him to a degree. I know he's had a few good games for you guys recently, but generally he averages 1 goal every 5 games, he sees the pass far too slowly, and his execution isn't brill.

The only thing he's really got going for him is his athletic ability, odd bursts of form aside. He's a useful player to have if you're playing a great side and you need to sacrifice a forward to do a job for the team, but other than that, no thanks.

That's what I thought but wasn't sure.

I think this is mostly fair. I liked his form before getting injured, especially when he was playing CF. Even if he wasn't scoring himself, he was setting up others and we looked like a better team. Then Wenger decided to start Giroud at CF for the next 3-4 games and we looked terrible yet he continued to do it until Ozil got injured and he pushed Welbeck back out to the wing where he's not done in his knee. Just horrendous management from Wenger.

But you're all right. Welbeck would be a good striker if he could finish but he can't so you're mostly left with a talented player with an excellent work rate who provides great balance to a team but doesn't do anything spectacularly, most especially score goals which is the #1 factor of good CF play.

10 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

I fully expect the dirty chavs to injure at least one Liverpool player tonight. 

A pity for Welbeck.  I wonder if that makes Walcott stay. 

That would be the worst possible situation. I want Walcott to move on. He's not good enough.

Sunderland extend the lead.

I haven't moaned about the board yet, but by now they've kept mr. Delusional in charge way, way, way, way, way longer than what's reasonable. Indeed, he's been in charge longer than is medically advisable. They should get ther sh*t together, and leave him behind in Sunderland. 

Heck, they should throw him out during half time. He's beyond being a joke now. 

5 minutes ago, Gustavo Fringed Sleeves said:

Alea jacta est.

:o:mellow:-_-:(:angry2::frown5::crying::bawl:

Are you offering to remove him by force? I don't want him harmed in any way, but I'd like to know that the next time he came to Goodison, he came as the manager of the opposition.

You can't wait for the end of the season for Martinez to get sacked? Everton's season has been effectively over since their FA Cup game against United. I don't see the logic behind hiring either a caretaker manager for the last couple of games, or risking to damage the new manager by forcing him to finish the season with a squad that already seems to be in holiday mode.

Archived