[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

2 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

I honestly don't mind Sansa showing some strength, it is better than she has been for 5 seasons, I just wish it didn't have to come at Jon's expense or from logic's expense

I just wish she hadn't have been raped before she felt this kind of motivation. She has a great arc in the books that makes sense. The stuff they've done to her makes no sense and what bugs me most is that she would know this succession stuff better than anyone. She should never have agreed to marry for a revenge plan because it neutralizes her power, legitimizes the Boltons, and ensure that the Northerners hate her, for willingly siding with an enemy house. They are trying to hand wave this whole thing but they can't. A cute reunion scene and her 'acting empowered' isn't going to change the ridiculousness of why she's even there to begin with.

14 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

That was awful too.  She's been abused for months, had a meltdown over crossing cold water, finally gets somewhere safe and she turns her nose up the sausage.  So unnecessary.

That was terrible. They just can't let this character be. Just have to keep messing with her.

I am surprised Brienne didn't snatch the Pink Letter and say,"I can't tell you what's in it my lady, since I'm the protector of your feelings and the guardian of information."

[MOD]

A reminder that it is a core rule of this forum that gendered slurs are not permitted.  Don't let the title of the thread confuse you, gendered slurs are not permitted in this thread either.

Further use of such slurs will see members banned.

[/MOD]

Not watching until Thursday (continuing my not adding to HBO ratings thing), but following along...

WAIT DON'T TELL ME THERE WAS A SCENE INVOLVING SANSA AND A SAUSAGE. ALL I CAN THINK OF IS THAT MONSTROSITY RAMSEY WAS EATING BACK IN SEASON 2, HUGE CAMERA CLOSE-UP. (yes, I'm "shouting")

It's official: D/D are deliberately attempting to destroy ASOIAF. They could be horrible either way, but some of this stuff is too deliberate. The only bright side is that the media are starting to pick it up and this is only great advertising for the book no? Well..maybe and maybe not....

Nice to hear of "emo Jon" though. Describe Kit's performance/dialogue in that scene please?

EDIT: So Osha dies? well thanks for paying us (the show-runners) the ultimate compliment, George, by having the show's  portrayal of Osha  influencing how you are writing her character in the books from now on. And now even though we knew what you were doing, here is how we pay you back for that! [gives GRRM two Emmys-style middle fingers]

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

Brother and Sister was the theme. They had to get past the nothing quickly so they could deliver their matchy matchy brother and sister lines.

But they developed these relationships with the three other brothers and sisters in the episode. So that felt somewhat genuine. This just felt forced and empty.

That was the wrong sister. And there will be a right sister moment, but they blew it ahead of time. That Jon Snow would not instantly ask, WHERE IS ARYA is to suspend disbelief by about a million.

Jeynesa never talked about what happened, but she's hell bent on returning. And when they finally get around to letting her be Sansa, and telling her story with Sandor, it's going to be so much better, too.

But look at all that's been lost. And they don't even realize what they've done.

They are really bad at this storytelling thing.

It is like the show runners are determined never to allow Sansa to tell anyone on camera that LF sold her to the Boltons to be wed and raped night after night. They will not let her tell anyone. They will say she does offscreen. Damn it, she has a voice and deserves to be heard. It is like they are protecting LF as much as possible. Funny too, now Everyone seems to have heard of Ramsay Bolton.

The show continues to like their set pieces. Parallel family reunions. Ok, but wasn't themes for book reports???

Dany is a fire goddess. And Jon is the Prince who was Promised. 

Davos clearly is out of his element.

Jon's lost and Jeyne, I mean Fansa, comes along to bark at him. Book stories and Arya being the one to motivate him into action are lost. I'm sure they'll find it later and plug it back in. But that was such a wonderful part. And instead we got Olly and Fansa.

Brienne is mean. Truly self-righteously mean. I guess on the trip up to Castle Black Fansa and she had a series of talks that made Fansa try to be tougher now. And where's Pod? I'll have to rewatch, I guess he was at the table. On second thought, no. I don't think I need a rewatch. 

Mel needs something to do.

Bye Osha. I'm happy you got to come back to get offed real quick. Wonder what was so inspiring about Natalia that GRRM decided to expand Osha that we have to wait for TWoW to see.

I've fully understood now that the show will never and can never be the books. They take everything and mix it up and assign it different timelines and different characters. 

My list of any show character I find interesting has gotten much shorter. 

I may actually be Team MissyWorm now. I'm bizarrely OK with them. Maybe they kill Varys and Tyrion.

Asha is also mean. Fansa is mean. Brienne is mean. Arya wants to be an assassin and murder people for hire. The Silly Snakes are mean. Kevan is lame-o. Jon is lame-o. Davos is lame-o. Jaime is lame-o.

So I guess I see why Women on Top is their THEME. But it all feels so wrong. Like it's forced. No one really cares genuinely for others. Even Carol is out to use poor dumb Tommen.

Except for the High Sparrow Professor. He cares. Bet he's dead soon. Bye Professor.

1 minute ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

It is like the show runners are determined never to allow Sansa to tell anyone on camera that LF sold her to the Boltons to be wed and raped night after night. They will not let her tell anyone. They will say she does offscreen. Damn it, she has a voice and deserves to be heard. It is like they are protecting LF as much as possible. Funny too, now Everyone seems to have heard of Ramsay now.

That is suspicious isn't it? LF will get his 'redemption arc' and that can only happen if Sansa keeps her mouth shut to Jon about his involvement in her predicament. if Sansa forgives him and is chummy with LF again, I will lose it.

Just now, rosehustle1 said:

That is suspicious isn't it? LF will get his 'redemption arc' and that can only happen if Sansa keeps her mouth shut to Jon about his involvement in her predicament. if Sansa forgives him and is chummy with LF again, I will lose it.

Me too. LF is perhaps even more responsible for Sansa's season 5 suffering because he "offered" her up in the firstplace. Now, this season 6 bs with him having SweetRobin be his little puppet is ludacris. The plot armor for the piimp is unbelievable. I think Lord Royce is as good as gone.

Whoa, Cas Stark, what did Natalia Tena say about D/D? Linkie please?

as for protecting LF...of course they are! By making everyone else in Weiseroff either too stupid to live,  an emo zombie, totally cray-cray for no apparent reason (hey, it's not like we ever got a "if I look back, I am lost") , an imbecile, weak and vacillating or handicapped with that diagreeable trait--HONOR--it's like they're trying to force the viewers into a "LF by default" attitude.

The Usullied may buy it but great to know that the media may not.

1 minute ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Me too. LF is perhaps even more responsible for Sansa's season 5 suffering because he "offered" her up in the firstplace. Now, this season 6 bs with him having SweetRobin be his little puppet is ludacris. The plot armor for the piimp is unbelievable. I think Lord Royce is as good as gone.

This show goes out of it's way to let bad guys win. Ramsay Sue and LF just never meet any real consequences for their actions. There is no way Lord Royce should have accepted any of that nonsense LF was saying.

4 minutes ago, rosehustle1 said:

This show goes out of it's way to let bad guys win. Ramsay Sue and LF just never meet any real consequences for their actions. There is no way Lord Royce should have accepted any of that nonsense LF was saying.

Yes, they love the villains, always have and they have LF constantly pandering Sweet Robin with gifts and on cue, Sweet Robin: "shall we throw him out the Moon Door?", Really? well atleast Royce knows damn well LF must have given Sansa to the Boltons but he was just emasculated by the show runners. So Sweet Robin now runs the Vale and is the final decision maker? Then, how does LF expect to be made "Warden of the North" if he gets rid of the Boltons and Sansa's head on a spike? Sweet Robin has the army, he does not.

3 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

I did hear some good news

Hide contents

A guy on reddit who claims to work on the show says that Sansa just uses LF for the army and doesn't forgive him for selling her out

Like I said, I would  love to see LF get his at the end and die.

4 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

I did hear some good news

Reveal hidden contents

A guy on reddit who claims to work on the show says that Sansa just uses LF for the army and doesn't forgive him for selling her out

Hopefully that's true. I want her to find out about him betraying Ned this may only happen if Sandor comes back into her path which I doubt. They seem to be setting him up for an Arya reunion.

10 minutes ago, rosehustle1 said:

To be fair the show is about realism and bad guys never face consequences for dumb decisions in the real world, right Hitler? Bin Laden? Napoleon? Pol Pot? Pablo Escobar? Idi Amin?

There's a new pimp in Meereen though - Tyrion!!!

I think that Sandor will come back into Arya's storyline, but he may be the one to take her home, perhaps striking some names off their lists. I mean, they have to do a Jon and Arya reunion. And that means a Sandor and Sansa reunion.

Archived