[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

14 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

Well, I like her as a character and I'd like to see her ending up with someone she wants. And in the books all the signs honestly point at the Hound, from quite some time.

agree

2 minutes ago, Seany2512 said:

I seriously don't get why everyone is so excited/intrigued as to who will end with who in the end??? Its not a soap-opera it's game of thrones. Everyone looking for romance everywhere and they ain't going to find that in westeros!:unsure:

In the end I don't think there will be time for them to then show who each major character ends up with, it is irrelevant to the big picture.

Different readers, different things to root for.

Some people care about romances in Fantasy stories. 

Characters love and hate appart from doing things.

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I feel many people will be unsatisfied with the ending. The only possible romance I see is Jon/Dany. Now that would be a fan fave.

21 minutes ago, Seany2512 said:

I seriously don't get why everyone is so excited/intrigued as to who will end with who in the end??? Its not a soap-opera it's game of thrones. Everyone looking for romance everywhere and they ain't going to find that in westeros!:unsure:

In the end I don't think there will be time for them to then show who each major character ends up with, it is irrelevant to the big picture.

10 minutes ago, Seany2512 said:

I feel many people will be unsatisfied with the ending. The only possible romance I see is Jon/Dany. Now that would be a fan fave.

But that doesn't mean we can't enjoy reading them or want things to happen.

I don't think any of my ships have big chances of a happy ending, although I don't discard it. GRRM likes writing romance. Something good will happen to someone, and maybe a couple, who knows.

Im not really a shipper or that on the ball most times with romances but i can see the signs. Its quite clear that both have had an effect on each other. For Sansa Sandor showed her that people's appearences and backgrounds aren't everything and shellshocked some reality into her. He also made her feel safe and was the only one who defied the king when the beatings happened. For Sandor she showed him kindness and took some of the hatred and cynicism from his soul. 

3 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

Im not really a shipper or that on the ball most times with romances but i can see the signs. Its quite clear that both have had an effect on each other. For Sansa Sandor showed her that people's appearences and backgrounds aren't everything and shellshocked some reality into her. He also made her feel safe and was the only one who defied the king when the beatings happened. For Sandor she showed him kindness and took some of the hatred and cynicism from his soul. 

Agreed, it's a beautiful story. I think they may be saving the best for last on the show. There are lots of hints. My rant is that they like to hint rather a lot, they should think more in terms of story construction.

8 hours ago, WolfQueenArya said:

... Which doesn't make sense to me. She goes from being afraid to go into the river, to forgetting part of the oath (is that correct? Oath?) to suddenly talking about storming Winterfell on her own... Which again makes no sense. I mean I'm all for character development and it's time for Sansa to do something but not at the expense of twisting the character around so much she comes across inconsistent all the time. And I have read a lot of rape survival stories and I don't remember anyone becoming empowered like they have Sansa being. (And if they did it wasn't right away; it took them a long time).

It really bothers me that no critics are calling them out on this. There is no reason that her trauma has to disappear just because she has a goal. It's irresponsible to dwindle her trauma down to being afraid for one episode and then act like she's fine now because she's with Jon and has this revenge plan. It's unrealistic and very dismissive to real life rape survivors who continue to struggle with what happened to them even years after the incident. I think it would be more interesting to see Sansa continue to struggle with some PTSD (especially considering she is in a place inhabited by known rapists) symptoms maybe when she is alone or when in the presence of Brienne, but still allow her public persona to appear unfazed. I mean, really that is book Sansa in a nutshell. A girl that hides her trauma to the world (mask of courtesy) but in private definitely is experiencing some internal issues. If they at least tried to show some of this, I would believe that they understood that her being repeatedly raped in her childhood home was a big deal, and not just some bad thing that she can walk off.

2 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

And that is Dan and Dave's true genius.  Developing the plot so that whatever the characters do, it's stupid.

I agree, whatever the Smalljon's deal is, he's stupid.  He's stupid if he knows Ramsay just murdered his entire family and his wife chose a death defying jump rather than to stay w/him..but he needless antagonizes him by refusing fealty when asking him a favor.  This is dumb.

He's stupid if he's NOT a Stark supporter to still give away his leverage on Ramsay before Ramsay makes good on his promise about the wildlings.  

He's stupid to think he even needs Ramsay since he can rally the North with Rickon Stark and  a live wolf.  

If he's Stark supporter he is even stupider to give the only known live Stark to a nutjob who just killed his family, under the slim hope that he won't kill Rickon and everyone else in the room immediately, also to sacrifice Osha like that if you're a Stark supporter, under whatever crackpot type of doublecross could exist.

I also think it's stupid if he's 'tricking him' because last season it was established that Ramsay flayed the Lord and Lady of House Cerwyn. He had their bodies flagrantly hung from outside WF. There is no way that the other Northern Lords didn't hear about this. So, why would anyone in their right mind put a defenseless kid in the hands of someone that wild and unpredictable? And regardless of their hatred of Theon, it is quite telling that Ramsay would risk a powerful hostage like him, just to torture someone.

If the Umbers didn't want Jon to savage their lands, they should have sent him a message saying "We have your brother. Take your savages some other place or we'll kill him".

End of the story. :dunno: The rest is overcomplication.

I dunno if there is a rule for this, but in storytelling, if the character doesn't take the most logical way, it must be because he can't, because such way is blocked by a monumental wall of logic. Why couldn't Umber do this? Ok, "they don't trust bastards"...

they why trust Ramsay?

:dunno: !!!!

1 minute ago, JCRB's Honeypot said:

If the Umbers didn't want Jon to savage their lands, they should have sent him a message saying "We have your brother. Take your savages some other place or we'll kill him".

I dunno if there is a rule for this, but in storytelling, if the character doesn't take the most logical way, it must be because he can't, because such way is blocked by a monumental wall of logic. Why couldn't Umber do this? Ok, "they don't trust bastards"...

they why trust Ramsay?

Shock and Drama!!!!!!!!

Chaos is a ladddaaaaaaa

In the books there is clear love, desire for SanSan. That is undeniable. Whether she is wedded and bedded eventually it may or may not be him but there is something there that will be explored to a degree. With having said that. The show will most likely have them meet again in some way. However, on the show, due to the "pulls", all bets are off.

30 minutes ago, JCRB's Honeypot said:

they why trust Ramsay?

It seems that they like their little spin, spin, spin again things that are trying to hide the illogical reasoning behind their plot decisions. And they keep doing it, without learning from it, so they must think they are getting away with it. 

Oh, wait . . . I think they really don't care! They figure most people don't see the illogical. 

The first time I fully comprehended that they knew what they had done, that it was illogical and they still didn't care was when they had Shae love Tyrion and Tyrion love Shae. They made up a bunch of lovey-dovey scenes and then came the crack-down, Shae was going to turn on Tyrion, and they didn't even show much of anything in the "Why?" department. Shae went ahead and testified against him. And was found in his father's bed, just like in the books (no "Why?" here either). The actress complains and the answer is, basically, just shut up and do as we say.

Because they want to write their load of crap, and then every once in a while, they add in book moments that forward the true cornerstones of the novels.

5 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

In the books there is clear love, desire for SanSan. That is undeniable. Whether she is wedded and bedded eventually it may or may not be him but there is something there that will be explored to a degree. With having said that. The show will most likely have them meet again in some way. However, on the show, due to the "pulls", all bets are off.

What are the "pulls", @A Ghost of Someone? I'm not sure I understand that.

12 minutes ago, Karmarni said:

It seems that they like their little spin, spin, spin again things that are trying to hide the illogical reasoning behind their plot decisions. And they keep doing it, without learning from it, so they must think they are getting away with it. 

Oh, wait . . . I think they really don't care! They figure most people don't see the illogical. 

The first time I fully comprehended that they knew what they had done, that it was illogical and they still didn't care was when they had Shae love Tyrion and Tyrion love Shae. They made up a bunch of lovey-dovey scenes and then came the crack-down, Shae was going to turn on Tyrion, and they didn't even show much of anything in the "Why?" department. Shae went ahead and testified against him. And was found in his father's bed, just like in the books (no "Why?" here either). The actress complains and the answer is, basically, just shut up and do as we say.

Because they want to write their load of crap, and then every once in a while, they add in book moments that forward the true cornerstones of the novels.

Wait what?

Archived