[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

About that "rocks fall everyone dies (except Cersei)" scene in KL: Oh my. I think Cersei will maybe pull a Dany here, have the doors of the Sept locked and then set on fire. That will be hot. :unsure:

I admit, I speculate that in the books Cersei might do some burning of things, but I have faith that it will feel like a natural progression and not an ass-pull. 

As for Dany's Firestarter Feminism, sure, you could argue that she's making an EXTREME (is it the 90s again?) move to wipe out that Dastardly Patriarchy and... I guess be worshipped as the goddess she is? Or something? Is the greatest feminist moment on TV really a women burning men alive for rape threats? And using plot convenience to do so? If she stopped and yelled at the sky, "I need GUNS! Lots of GUNS!" and the Matrix delivery system had zoomed in some heavy artillery for her, I'd least be impressed at the sheer ridiculousness of it and get a good laugh. 

Now, if Dany sets Ramsey on fire, then I will throw a party.

1 hour ago, Tijgy said:

Yeah, she is. I think it is just sometimes rather funny :D So I tend to laugh with her every time she goes on her whole fairy tale here, ... (I really think she gets this from her father. Who was the one who started with "maiden dream", had a day dream about Robert slaying the Lannisters just like he did with the dragons, ... Stop dreaming, Ned! Robert isn't your valiant knight :rolleyes:)

I also laugh every time Bran thinks "I am prince. Should people normally not listen to me? Why do I have a listen to the adults? Why are they always making the decisions... and cannot I decide anything. Am I not the Stark in Winterfell" Poor Bran. And you have his vendetta against the Freys. He is not really a good host by sending them beets. 

Nedbert! :wub:

Speaking of beets... Poor Tommen. I don't want him to die. He's one of the sweetest characters in the books.

And what about Ser Pounce? Where will he go? What will he do?

1 hour ago, ambi76 said:

About that "rocks fall everyone dies (except Cersei)" scene in KL: Oh my. I think Cersei will maybe pull a Dany here, have the doors of the Sept locked and then set on fire. That will be hot. :unsure:

I must have missed that spoiler... I'm only aware of the "Tommen out the window" one for KL (and the promise of a bloodbath)... or maybe more detail has been added ?

I've been arming myself with spoilers so that I won't be completely unprepared for whatever the upcoming deviations will be. So far, they've been pretty spot on. Even if they aren't completely right, I figure being aware of the possibilities decreases the danger of destroying of my possessions as I watch in frustration.

1 hour ago, ambi76 said:

Maybe Jaime will lock the doors, but being the Larry that he is, he'll end up locking himself inside. Hence the "melting" spoiler.

50 minutes ago, Liver and Onions said:

lAs for Dany's Firestarter Feminism, sure, you could argue that she's making an EXTREME (is it the 90s again?) move to wipe out that Dastardly Patriarchy and... I guess be worshipped as the goddess she is? Or something? Is the greatest feminist moment on TV really a women burning men alive for rape threats?

<snip>

Anyone remember an OOOOOLD Farrah Fawcett tv movie called "The Burning Bed"? this is what it sounds like :P

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

That was on Ned, not Sansa.

TBH, it was on Cersei, for urging the killing of a totally different direworlf, and on Robert, for caring more about avoiding arguments with Cersei than for justice.

I just thought the fire thing would be a cool parallel to Dany, bemused, but what's with the talk of bloodbath it's probably more likely Carol locks the doors and lets ZombieGregor loose.

If so, I really hope that's not a book spoiler because I would find a Mountain!Rampage as deus ex machina to get rid of the Kings Landing knot horribly childish and boring and well kinda guessed a thousand times over by fandom already.

3 minutes ago, LadySoftheart said:

TBH, it was on Cersei, for urging the killing of a totally different direworlf, and on Robert, for caring more about avoiding arguments with Cersei than for justice.

I agree. But if we're talking Starks, it's on Ned not Sansa imo. He knew the facts, knew she was a kid who couldn't at that point go against Joff and Cersei etc, and still kept his mouth shut. That scene is where Ned should have said, 'shove it, I'm going back to Winterfell with the kids and their wolves". But then we wouldn't have a story! :P

2 minutes ago, LadySoftheart said:

I concur... In books and show, I can remember how triumphant and cruel she appeared, looking at Robert, knowing forcing him to do her bidding would hurt him, hurt Ned, hurt Ned's kids (I'm sure she loathed the idea of her precious Joff marrying a Stark). Lena was great in that scene, too. I still had such high hopes. 

Plus, it was killing an animal for no good reason, an innocent wolf that had done no one any harm, just to give a Lannister what she demanded. :bawl:

In the same scenario now, she'd suggest moving Lady to a nice farm somewhere. Maybe the Reach. And send Jaime to take it there, and he's probably trip and drive a sword through her. :dunce:

1 minute ago, ambi76 said:

I just thought the fire thing woudl be a cool parallel to Dany, bemused, but what's with the talk of bloodbath it's probably more likely Carol locks the doors and lets ZombieGregor loose. If so, I really hope that's not a book spoiler because I would find a Mountain!Rampage as deus ex machina to get rid of the Kings Landing knot horribly childish and boring and well kinde guessed a thousand times over by fandom already.

I get it.

Whatever George does in the books, I expect it will be well set up, and therefore believable. He has been showing Cersei's descent into  extreme paranoia (and madness) for some time .. while the show has been polishing that poisoned apple to a ridiculous degree. So whatever Carol does will probably be for the wrong reasons, or just seem like a sudden snap, as opposed to a looming inevitability.

5 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

I concur... In books and show, I can remember how triumphant and cruel she appeared, looking at Robert, knowing forcing him to do her bidding would hurt him, hurt Ned, hurt Ned's kids (I'm sure she loathed the idea of her precious Joff marrying a Stark). Lena was great in that scene, too. I still had such high hopes. 

<snip>

But ... she COULDN'T force Robert to do anything - sure, she could nag him and argue with him, but Robert did what Robert wanted to do. So I think you can't absolve Robert of the blame for Lady either - he could have said "hey, this isn't fair!" or just "Ned's my friend, shut your pie-hole woman, we're not killing the OTHER wolf!" Instead, Robert was a complete moral coward, and told Ned that Sansa would get another pet. I didn't expect more from Cersei (nor did Ned) but certainly expected more from this great friend of Ned's! I actually blame Robert the most of all for Lady's death - he was sooo clearly unwilling to do anything that resulted in his own discomfort or inconvenience for any reason, that he let a great injustice happen to his supposed BFF and BFF's daughter. 

In the same scenario now, she'd suggest moving Lady to a nice farm somewhere. Maybe the Reach. And send Jaime to take it there, and he's probably trip and drive a sword through her. 

BWAHAHAH! Yes!! And he'd look all mopey and sad faced, and then Cersei would roll her eyes, and remind herself yet again not to have Jaime do anything important :P

I think it's going to be the matchy matchy Dany and Cersei bonfire. The Mountain supposedly doesn't do much this season. It was noted that he takes revenge on the Shame Nun (in a horrible way). The trial by combat is denied.

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

Nedbert! :wub:

Speaking of beets... Poor Tommen. I don't want him to die. He's one of the sweetest characters in the books.

And what about Ser Pounce? Where will he go? What will he do?

I believe Nedbert is actually one of the most tragic relationships/dynamics of the books, or at least from Ned POV. It is just so ... heartbreaking in my eyes. Ned idolized Robert as his hero, as the person who would defend him and his family from the enemies, ... And moment by moment he started finally to see Robert as the abusive prick he is and started to compare his "BFF" to the guy who burned his father and brother. But at the end Ned still loved him and actually blamed himself for his BFF's death. Really, really sad. 

(And D&D this is an very flawed but interesting bromance, not your random trips with Daario&Jorah, Bronn&Jaime who completely do not have any emotional bound between them)

I thought Ser Pounce would be the person (or rather cat) who will sit on the Iron Throne in the end. 

Or maybe he will save Westeros?

2 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

I believe Nedbert is actually one of the most tragic relationships/dynamics of the books, or at least from Ned POV. It is just so ... heartbreaking in my eyes. Ned idolized Robert as his hero, as the person who would defend him and his family from the enemies, ... And moment by moment he started finally to see Robert as the abusive prick he is and started to compare his "BFF" to the guy who burned his father and brother. But at the end Ned still loved him and actually blamed himself for his BFF's death. Really, really sad. 

(And D&D this is an very flawed but interesting bromance, not your random trips with Daario&Jorah, Bronn&Jaime who completely do not have any emotional bound between them)

I thought Ser Pounce would be the person (or rather cat) who will sit on the Iron Throne in the end. 

Or maybe he will save Westeros?

Ser Pounce is the P*ssy that was Promised?

Archived