[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

9 hours ago, Marcus Agrippa said:

Everyone has a right ot be angry at the whole fucking stannis deal. I am still annoyed. STILL ANNOYED.

Its made worse because we're starting to see how and whom they're instead deciding should get rid of the Boltons in this convoluted cesspool of a North.

3 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

I don't even get the whole idea why Sandor would be politically unsuitable. House Clegane is a house of landed knights, right? Sandor isn't a stable boy. He's a nobleman and for far longer than LF is for example. When the Mountain dies, Sandor is the heir of House Clegane.

It's politically unsuitable because House Clegane is irrelevant outside of the Mountain's usefulness as Tywin's personal attack dog.  Will House Clegane even exist now that Gregor is gone and the Hound fled? The daughter of the Warden of the North would never be allowed to marry the grandson of the Lannisters' kennelmaster in feudal society.  Remember Jorah, the heir of a much more ancient and proud house, never thought for a second that he would be allowed to marry a Hightower woman.  Socially, Sansa would be higher even than Lynesse, and that's before considering that she's believed to be the heir to Winterfell.  She's far too valuable as a political tool under normal circumstances to "waste" on a Clegane.  

I know you know all this already so I'll stop, but Sandor/Sansa really doesn't make any sense to me at all in a realistic feudal context, regardless of their possible feelings, book or show. 

3 hours ago, ArabellaVidal said:

It's not just Sansa and Cat. Tyrion, Dany, Stannis can also be put in this category. They seem to have the most polarizing effect on fandom. A large number of readers either hate them or love them. (I think we might add Rhaegar on this list too.) It's strange because the books are entirely character-driven. There are some actions we cannot excuse but that doesn't mean we cannot understand why so-and-so would react in a particular manner or have particular motivation, even if that motivation is self-deluded.

This is very true - I remember being astonished at the hatred levelled at Catelyn when I first found these forums. I'd read all the published books in quick succession and my over-riding impression of Cat was that she made big mistakes, but I was still able to understand why she did what she did. Sansa, for all her flaws, is ultimately an eleven year old girl, which makes her mistakes even more understandable! I sometimes think that the "problem" for Sansa is that, especially in the first book, it is very hard not to constantly compare her to Arya, who is far easier to sympathise with. So Sansa comes off badly by comparison. But I've never been able to understand why people hate her so much. I do find it funny that some of the same people who hate Sansa so passionately are ones who fully subscribe to the Jaime or Theon as hero ideas - so they can forgive those two characters, but not an eleven year old girl. The fandom is a funny place at times (no offence to anyone here ;))

I started off not liking Sansa but gradually grew to like her more and enjoy her chapters, while Tyrion I've always enjoyed but been somewhat on the fence as to whether I like him or not. Stannis I've never liked but think is a brilliant character, and Dany I started off loving and am now at the stage where I dislike her intently. I really like the fact that GRRM can make us challenge and alter our views of certain characters - I think shades of grey are really important here. I do think that is one of the biggest weaknesses of the show in some respects. D&D try too hard to influence viewer opinion of certain characters. Perhaps that is why I now dislike show Dany and show Tyrion so much - too much effort to cast them as heroes as had the opposite effect!

58 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

Its made worse because we're starting to see how and whom they're instead deciding should get rid of the Boltons in this convoluted cesspool of a North.

This northen storyline is a horrible mess. Teleporting littlefinger, brienne being a general thug, davos being incompenent, alll of this is a mess.

2 hours ago, Maid So Fair said:

So, where is LF going to teleport to next? I'm voting for Dany's camp in the middle of the Dothraki sea.

Good one :thumbsup:

My guess would be right onto Euron's ship in the middle of the sea so he can guide Euron to Dany. Little finger is the match.com of Westeros. And if the Sand Fakes can sail up and board a boat undetected, then I am sure Batfinger can do the same.

I admit I didn't like Sansa as a person in the beginning, but I did like her as a character. Her smug superiority and selfishness were an intrigue rather than annoyance, and, like any good character, she changes. I agree that Lady's death was on Cersei and Robert, showing Ned that even thought Robert was not fanatically devoted to his queen, he'd do what she asked just to avoid trouble. As for Ned, his death is on Joffrey, along with Janos and Ilyn Payne, who obeyed a boy king's orders without question. Cersei did want him alive as a well-behaved hostage. Now, Sansa telling Cersei of Ned's plans might have led to the deaths of the Northern guards, if only because they were blindsided, but that's harder to say for sure since they were outnumbered anyway. 

As for fire-proof Dany, admittedly there are book fans who still think she's immune to fire. Have the show runners come forth to outright state they believe she's immune, or that this is a deliberate change? (Honestly, if they own up to making the change, I'd prefer that.) If it is a deliberate change, it's probably for plot convenience and "coolness" factor, with neither being satisfying reasons to me. Especially since for "coolness" factor, you can't beat Dany having Drogon roast 'em all.

SO it was kind of cool this week when Sansa looked at Jon and said "Yes we do." When Jon wondered if Ramsay has Rickon.

The way she said it suggests a telepathic/warg/direwolf connection as there is in the books. like , "WE know"

But it doesnt make sense on the show; 

1. not once have they established any connections between wolves as they have in the books.

2. even if the Stark kids could all-of-a-sudden sense each other through their wolf dreams as they do in the books, SHaggydog is dead on the show, and so is Lady, so in show!reality there is no way Sansa could 'sense' Rickon or anyone because her wolf was the first to die.

So what were they even trying to do there?

1 minute ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

SO it was kind of cool this week when Sansa looked at Jon and said "Yes we do." When Jon wondered if Ramsay has Rickon.

The way she said it suggests a telepathic/warg/direwolf connection as there is in the books. like , "WE know"

1. not once have they established any connections between wolves as they have in the books.

2. even if the Stark kids could all-of-a-sudden sense each other through their wolf dreams as they do in the books, SHaggydog is dead on the show, and so is Lady, so in show!reality there is no way Sansa could 'sense' Rickon or anyone because her wolf was the first to die.

Sansa can suddenly use the powers of Jean Grey? :dunno:

6 hours ago, Tijgy said:

Guys, it is against forum rules to discuss any leaks, ... from not released episodes. So I would advise you to stop talking about this. 

It's actually not a leak. HBO Nordic fucked up and released the episode before its time. Now it's all over the Internet.

44 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Good one :thumbsup:

My guess would be right onto Euron's ship in the middle of the sea so he can guide Euron to Dany. Little finger is the match.com of Westeros. And if the Sand Fakes can sail up and board a boat undetected, then I am sure Batfinger can do the same.

Well, Theon managed to do the same, so apparently the another to teleport onto ships is not too uncommon. LF and Euron in the same room (cabin?) would be cool - they could hold a contest for the most ridiculous story they made people believe. 

Crackpot (?) theory: What if LF is in league with the Eagles from LOTR? It would easily explain his teleportation skills and his sigil is in fact a bird. Like Bloodraven, he could be using his 'little' birds to gain information about plots happening in the 7K.

On 5/11/2016 at 5:50 PM, Ran said:

The topic of the thread is discussing things you disliked about the episode. It is not a place to throw insults at one another or to act as if the normal rules of the forum do not apply.

Discussion of why people disliked something is permitted, but remember the topic at hand: this is not a debate thread, it's a discussion thread specifically about episode details or events that posters disliked. Posts that ignore this will be considered off-topic.

Reposting for the benefit of some of our visitors. Let's stay on topic.

1 hour ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Spoiler

An insider revealed that in an upcoming episode Sansa will explain that she knew Rikkon was dead the moment they got the pink letter. Jon thought there was still hope in saving him. She knews Ramsey's nature and that Rikkon had no chance. For Sansa, this wasn't about saving Rikkon, it was about winning Winterfell and defeating Ramsey. There is no telepathic/warg whatever, especially not with Sansa/Rikkon considering neither have a direwolf anymore. 

9 minutes ago, DutchArya said:
  Hide contents

An insider revealed that in an upcoming episode Sansa will explain that she knew Rikkon was dead the moment they got the pink letter. Jon thought there was still hope in saving him. She knews Ramsey's nature and that Rikkon had no chance. For Sansa, this wasn't about saving Rikkon, it was about winning Winterfell and defeating Ramsey. There is no telepathic/warg whatever, especially not with Sansa/Rikkon considering neither have a direwolf anymore. 

Because that's Sansa Stark, apparently. So cold-hearted that she can write off her own little brother for dead, and leave him to the mercies of the same man who raped her. 

Why am I supposed to like her again? 

Did anyone watch Outlander last night? 

Spoiler

where Claire learns that Randall molested Fergus? And she's all like "I completely understand why Jamie ran out to go kill him ASAP, even though it resulted in such a terrible fall-out?" Real heroes do not stand idly by while children are being hurt. That is a pretty low bar for heroism. 

If D&D wrote that episode, Jamie would just come home and tell Claire "well Randall is torturing Fergus, and I let that happen because I didn't want to risk getting arrested," and Claire would be like "okay cool here's my tits." 

Archived