[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

3 minutes ago, Maid So Fair said:

Finally I can rant about this.

1, Sansa and LF. That scene. THAT scene. There's idiot balls and then there's this. Canada might officially be too dumb to live at this point. The worst part is the wasted potential - the acting is great and this scene would actually be the logical continuation of the Winterfell plotline, as much as anything about that plotline can make sense - if it happened after the Bastardbowl. Sansa executing BF optional. Here it just Janos you right out of the narrative. Let's recap:

• A letter arrives at Castle Black and js given to Sansa instead of the Lord Commander. Maybe they realised she had a special relationship with BF? And no one mentions this again! 
  • So in the letter he asks her to meet - where the hell did he send this letter from? How???
  • There's two options for where the meeting takes places, each stupider than the other - either this is in CB, in which case how in the seven hells has no one noticed BF's arrival, or in Mole's Town in which case why in seven hells is everybody ok with Sansa going for a joyride in dangerous country with a price on her head? And why is nobody the slightest bit suspicious about this? 
  • So the last episode BF was in the Vale, having just learned that Sansa ran away from WH. This actually gives us a point of reference for the timeline. So in the time it took Sansa to show up at the Wall nd have a breakfast with Jon, BF travelled from wherever he was (not KL/North/the Vale :dunno:) to Royce's castle, assembled an army, matched it to Moat Failing and travelled twice the fucking distance Sansa has? 
  • WHY is he there? Did he seriously just travel thousands of miles for no reason other than to have a tete a tete with Sansa? To tell her Blackfish now has an army? This is public information (or will be shortly)! Send a raven! If he wasn't teleporting at the speed of light it would be even dumber - by the time he delivers the message this info will be of no use to Sansa as she will be dead! 
  • Having a character point out that another character is acting like a moron doesn't make that action any less idiotic! This happens twice in this scene! 
  • Why is she lying to Jon? WHY???
  • Ok, I don't care how pissed off you are - if you're going to war, knowing you are outnumbered more than 2:1 me someone offers you a free army, you fucking take it! If you're still pissed off after you have won (as she has every right to be), don't speak to them ever again afterwards or,hell, have the bastard Brienne-kebabed. Does she want to die (along with what's left of her family)?

2, Ok Dany it's time you made your mind up about Jorah. It has been three seasons. Also why are you sorry?! You didn't give him   scale! Shouldn't you be pissed off that he brought it to your city and now to your camp? And yes, I'm sure Jorah the Explorer will find the cure no one has discovered before. Also, why is he there if his goal is just to be sent away again?

3, Euron and Yara have the same plan! Build a big ass reading fleet (BARF)! And all its going to take is everybody working overtime for a little bit! The IB must be kicking themselves that no one thought about this before! They could have conquered the world ages ago!

• Wasn't Yara against the whole pinecones and needles thing the last episode? Why is she proposing more futile reaving? Did she honestly just get Euron s book speech?
  • Yara and Euron sound kinda similar when shouted by a crowd. Is this the rare instance of D&D foreshadowing? Am I going mad?
  • Good thing Euron showed up, otherwise Yara would sure feel a bit awkward running as the sole candidate.

4, Bran - I think Hold the Door thing was a bit of a tearjerker so I suppose it worked. The WW reveal was cool, though you have to wonder why Bran is no longer interested in that tower. But they just HAD to kill Summer N the lamest way possible, didn't they? And this somehow wasn't enough to bring Bran back to reality? Also, I don't care whether Hodor can hold that door for 5 minutes - are you seriously asking me to believe that fucking Bran can run away from the army of the dead with barely any headstart? Him and Meera are so dead right now.

It's just not believable is it? It's not realistic in any way, I do not know what sort of audience they have now but this show is not the sort of show that I became a huge fan of. There are too many Deus Ex Machina at times that are not built up properly. I no longer believe the characters I have no idea what the show is really about or why i should care about anybody because I no longer like any of them. I used to like Dany and Jon and the Starks but I no longer value the world they inhabit so I'm starting to care little for what happens to them. I no longer want to be emotionally involved or attached to anything D$D are involved with. I do not trust their vision, or their interpretation and I feel that they have sold out the true fans of the story along with the story, and I'm starting to suspect that something has happened behind the scenes that would explain the malicious destruction of both GRRMs characters and his legacy

36 minutes ago, Sir Drew said:

Also: what is it with them skipping over stuff that might be, you know, important to actually see? They did it with Sam telling Jon that Bran was alive. And now we don't see Bloodraven telling Bran about the Night's King, the supposedly terrible and dangerous villain? I guess watching Stark kids at play is more important...

Nights King , shmite bings, who cares about the Nights King and where he dwells and how he operates and his agenda and his powers, Bran MUST view Ned leaving for the Eyrie and Ironically be the catalyst for Hodor being Hodor. Temporal displacement is responsible for Hodor and this is mandatory viewing for Bran in his training to combat the Nights King!

Once again a big fat MEH for me for the big shockers of the episode. Littlefinger makes Sansa go all Catelyn on Jon. :dunno: "Siblings rivalry" meaning fight for the Q/KOTN titel. Yeah, Jon is definitely going to win that (but Sansa will look badass with that direwolf pin/brooch). Next.

"Hold the door!" is hilarious especially the pissed off reaction from fandom. That's definitely a GRRM thing, I'm sorry, and I like it. But then I always love time trave/paradoxes in my fantasy so I'm biased. I for one have no problem with Walder getting his speaking centre fried by a time paradox, his immediate lameass death is a bit sad though. I'm also okay with the show theory that Bloodraven is actually a 1000 year old Bran there.

The theatre troup was always going to be comedy gold, although the dick and balls jokes are really getting out of hand. And a close up in search of a wart is another middlefinger from D&D at fandom for demanding male nudity I guess.

Dany getting all weepy about a dying Jorah, oh well. I still wonder if show!Dany isn't now an composite of Dany and (F)Aegon like Jorah got parts of Connington implemented. The way things are going in Westeros there will be absolutely nothing left but the North when she gets over, so that's really helpful with the conquering and stuff.

Euron being bit of a joke is fine by me too. And Yara/Theon getting Vics role doesn't bother me either.

Next week showdown at the Sept! Spoiler: Absolutely nothing happens. We save that for episode 10.

1 minute ago, ambi76 said:

"Hold the door!" is hilarious especially the pissed off reaction from fandom. That's definitely a GRRM thing, I'm sorry, and I like it. But then I always love time trave/paradoxes in my fantasy so I'm biased. I for one have no problem with Walder getting his speaking centre fried by a time paradox, his immediate lameass death is a bit sad though. I'm also okay with the show theory that Bloodraven is actaully a 1000year old Bran threre.

Wait what? Is 3ER Bran the Builder? What is this theory? 

Plain horrible... Most of the time you're watching scenes that are just plain stupid, well beyond suspension of disbelief, and then there's a "Oh big reveal" scene with no build up into it, rushed and glossed over without any further connection.

"You made the WW?"

"Yeah, we were at war with you guys."

It's like GOT has become this show of filler + tltr; one line reveals of theories. I want to watch a story, not some wikia tltr; synopsis. Nothing is earned, and nothign has any pay-off. Nothing is nothing.

Fansa's torture inserted in there was just gross. They just have to keep Sansa in pain all the time now. They completely robbed a female character of her sexuality, including her future. How feminist, how empowering. That was just sick.

Killing direwolves is just emotional manipulation here. While I can see direwolves dying in the books, we can be certain it will not be meaningless... because they have warg meaning. They have an impact on the story, on the character they are bonded with. Even their death has an impact on the bonded character. But here it's just some big dog and used to make you cringe by adding some whimpering.

That whole kingsmoot was ridiculous. With Yara able to take the whole fleet basically with her (and captains being the one who vote at a kingsmoot), it comes down to this nonsensical conclusion that Euron won the kingsmoot because about 10 captains shoutest the most and loudest. People who shout the most often have this impression they're the majority, because the actual majority is mostly silent. So, Euron wins because of ten loudest shouters, but Yara has the majority. And it just looked incredibly stupid.

And then there's the rehashing of Varys' story. Nothing new there. That scene of what we already knew without adding something to it with the priestess took longer than the reveal that CotF made WW by sticking obsidian in a human chest, or is it ironwood?

Anoter ridiculous thing I saw no comment about yet: Sansa saying they shouldn't send a raven to RL because Ramsay might intercept it (euhm how?), but send a much slower woman on a horse all by herself to the RL instead (who has to pass WF to get to the RL) instead. Hand wave.

And yeah, that scrotum inspection was so obvious. First thing I thought when I suddenly found myself having a zoom-in of a penis on my screen was "ah so they're doing cock quota now," so that this show can finally be described as "cocks, tits and dragons." Maybe that's why there's at least 3 cock jokes per episode now.

5 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this.

*Fansa.

apologies, I post these on my tablet and autocorrect tends to get better of me. I would edit it but the forums won't let me save edits on my phone either :bang:

9 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this.

Yes, was it something we said ??.. :D :( :D

Edit: Oh, Noooooo..We've been auto-corrected into Fansa ? What a fate!

@ Tijgy:  It's just that Show!Raven doesn't have much to do/in common with book!Raven and now some people speculate that the show version is a 1000 year old Bran time-traveling back to his younger self to get things rolling. They think BR sudden death was him drowning in the past also "It's time for you to become me" or some such thing.

The worst part about Hodor dying is that I didn't really care and definitely wasn't shocked or even surprised. Character deaths are just so cheap and expected by now. I mean, they have killed at least one fairly major character each episode this season so far.

And what about the stupid reason for Sansa to send Brienne to Riverrun:

"I can't send a Raven, it could be intercepted by Ramsey."

lol. Now Ravens follow the Kingsroad! Or maybe Ramsey has his 20 good men creating some sort of aerial barrage over all the extension of the territory! Brienne, on the other hand, has no  chance in hell to be intercepted, because she's a badass.

Edit:Just saw that Sweetsunray already said this in her post, :ninja:

1 hour ago, Maid So Fair said:

*Fansa.

apologies, I post these on my tablet and autocorrect tends to get better of me. I would edit it but the forums won't let me save edits on my phone either :bang:

ha,ha, I figured it was something like that, but couldn't think what would auto-correct to that. In hindsight, it's kinda obvious. :blush: 

1 minute ago, ambi76 said:

@ Tijgy:  It's just that Show!Raven doesn't have much to do/in common with book!Raven and now some people speculate that the show version is a 1000 year old Bran time-traveling back to his younger self to get things rolling. They think BR sudden death was him drowning in the past also "It's time for you to become me" or some such thing.

But how the hell did TreeShaved have a body then? That doesn't make any sense. I am all for a Bran the Builder? But Bran, son of Eddard Stark ... not likely

Just now, Tijgy said:

But how the hell did TreeShaved have a body then? That doesn't make any sense. I am all for a Bran the Builder? But Bran, son of Eddard Stark ... not likely

But ..... it's more SHOCKING that way! Mind blown. Let's tweet about it!

:bang::bang::bang:

20 minutes ago, bemused said:

:lol: yes, a much crueler fate that I was hoping for myself, as well as for Sansa.  

1 minute ago, Valetudo said:

But ..... it's more SHOCKING that way! Mind blown. Let's tweet about it!

I am really pissed actually Summer's death was even not considered to be shocking? Never mentioned in the Inside the Episode, ... Oh let's kill of a part of Bran, doesn't matter at all :rolleyes: I really have no words for this. 

12 minutes ago, bemused said:

That's what being so nice and honourable gets you!

14 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Anoter ridiculous thing I saw no comment about yet: Sansa saying they shouldn't send a raven to RL because Ramsay might intercept it (euhm how?), but send a much slower woman on a horse all by herself to the RL instead (who has to pass WF to get to the RL) instead. Hand wave.

Oh I was thinking the same thing about Brienne - great plan Sansa (Canada?)! By the time she comes back you will all be dead. Speed is definitely not of essence here.

Theres also Theon What-Even-Is-Trauma Greyjoy sassing Euron about being away from the Iron Islands all this time without even a hint of irony.

9 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

I imagine D&D have a passionate dislike for us Canucks. :P 

If Canucks means people that enjoy imtelligent plot based and character driven storytelling then I agree, D$D must hate Canucks!

Archived