[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

46 minutes ago, RUSSELL BELL said:

What do people think about Bryan Cogman's writing abilities?  Seems like he's penning not just the next episode but the next two which is unusual as he usually only does one per season. 

I used to think he wasn't the worst of them all. He even hit a few high notes, like the bath scene with Jaime and Brienne at Harrenhal.

Of course that went to hell last year. If am not mistaken he was the one responsible for the infamous  Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken episode. Worst of all (and that was pretty bad in and on itself) was his defense of the whole let's switch Jeyne Poole for Sansa Stark crapfest.

About Euron...He looks like he belongs in an Adam Sandler movie making jokes about farts and cocks <_<

That was so nice in the books, Arya takes the Hound off her list and calls him SANDOR as she reflects she didn't really know Mycah very well (but she has come to know Sandor).

They messed up that part of it in the show, then had to tell not show to fix it. So now she says she took him off her list, and she didn't really want him dead.

She was with a man. I don't think he hurt her. She didn't want to leave him, and he didn't want to leave her.

Scooby Doo and Scrappy Doo, the Sequel is my guess...

Some new photos: 

http://www.missmalini.com/2016/05/26/photos-give-major-hints-upcoming-episode-game-thrones/

Septa Spoonella! With her bell! :wub: In the same episode as Brankenstein's monster AKA Ben Ex Machina might appear. #Get Hype (Okay, regarding the fact they left out Stoneheart, it will be ridiculous if they indeed make Ben Coldhands who is actually also a walking corpse?)

We will also have Sam and his family. It sounds like a little soap opera :rolleyes:http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-john-bradley-previews-897539 

And doesn't Marg's hair look blond? It looks like it is too light? Was her hair not darker?

12 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

Some new photos: 

http://www.missmalini.com/2016/05/26/photos-give-major-hints-upcoming-episode-game-thrones/

Septa Spoonella! With her bell! :wub: In the same episode as Brankenstein's monster AKA Ben Ex Machina might appear. #Get Hype (Okay, regarding the fact they left out Stoneheart, it will be ridiculous if they indeed make Ben Coldhands who is actually also a walking corpse?)

We will also have Sam and his family. It sounds like a little soap opera :rolleyes:http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-john-bradley-previews-897539 

And doesn't Marg's hair look blond? It looks like it is too light? Was her hair not darker?

Looks like Arya's having a good laugh at Joffrey's death. :D

3 hours ago, -Winterfellian- said:

I used to think he wasn't the worst of them all. He even hit a few high notes, like the bath scene with Jaime and Brienne at Harrenhal.

Of course that went to hell last year. If am not mistaken he was the one responsible for the infamous  Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken episode. Worst of all (and that was pretty bad in and on itself) was his defense of the whole let's switch Jeyne Poole for Sansa Stark crapfest.

Perhaps even more indefensible from a quality-writing standpoint was that Cogman was the one responsible for having the show include Dorne. D&D were apparently planning to skip it entirely (a wise course of action) but Cogman pushed for it and it was his idea to send Jaime there. So he is partially responsible for the Sand Snake fiasco!

4 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

And also our favorite septa! With her bell!

I wonder if this is the episode where the UnGregor silences her bell forever...

(I bet they don't cut away from that, like they did Brienne killing Stannis...)

Just now, Le Cygne said:

I wonder if this is the episode where the UnGregor silences her bell forever...

No :crying: There goes another of my favorite characters... Does this ever stops? Sigh

12 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

She does looks happy! Everyone else is :mellow: but she is :D

It's either Arya that is happy at the action of Joffrey's death......or...........Maisie is just grateful to be involved in a scene that doesn't include a massive stick and The Unwraithful Waif.  I'm to the point that it seems the show is building up to anything other than Arya killing that girl, perhaps on her way out of the FM, would seem unsatisfying.  This Anti-Waif theme seems the only consistency in the show right now.  

2 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

It's either Arya that is happy at the action of Joffrey's death......or...........Maisie is just grateful to be involved in a scene that doesn't include a massive stick and The Unwraithful Waif.  I'm to the point that it seems the show is building up to anything other than Arya killing that girl, perhaps on her way out of the FM, would seem unsatisfying.  This Anti-Waif theme seems the only consistency in the show right now.  

Yeah, there's something off when all I want her to do at this point is kill the waif. Bad waif, I hate you for beating Arya, now you must pay.

6 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah, there's something off when all I want her to do at this point is kill the waif. Bad waif, I hate you for beating Arya, now you must pay.

It's not QUITE to the Nodding Olly vibe, but then again, at least The Waif is a book character, although.....I can't imagine that this version doesn't deserve a name change, a la Talisa and Yara.  

32 minutes ago, LadySoftheart said:

Perhaps even more indefensible from a quality-writing standpoint was that Cogman was the one responsible for having the show include Dorne. D&D were apparently planning to skip it entirely (a wise course of action) but Cogman pushed for it and it was his idea to send Jaime there. So he is partially responsible for the Sand Snake fiasco!

I did not know this. So he is basically credited with the 2 worst story lines from last season (and arguably from the entire show so far).

Was there ever an explanation for why Dany's hair isn't silver-gold or given contacts or anything?  It doesn't seem that hard to do really.  I can understand contacts being uncomfortable, but the hair is just lazy.

6 minutes ago, The Knight in Motley said:

Hmm, names for the Waif... 

I called her 'Script-bitch' in my first rant due to her "being mean just because the script says so".  However in the interest of finding a more acceptable and accurate name:

Lady Stickheart?

Whomping Waif?

Bo Laren?

Smirkette?

You know, I find it funny that for an organization that is supposed to be about losing one's identity (thus hopes, dreams, desires, etc..) they have no qualms with one of their disciples being super catty and possessive on account of sexy Jesus. Somehow D&D managed that...

Archived