[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

18 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

She'll probably end up poisoning the yougn actress who wanted the older one dead out of envy, aka Arya kills the one who paid and hired the FM, not the target.

I have to agree, while I think that Arya will leave the FM in some capacity in the books, in the show it feels very much like they are making the waif out to be a villain for the sole purpose of it being justifiable for Arya to kill her.  Same with killing the person who hired the assassin instead of the target.  I guess they will have to reveal that Jaquen has always been a series of different, cock-warted FM in order to justify her totally leaving the FM and heading for Westeros.

1 hour ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

So the title of episode 9 is going to be "Battle of Bastards".

Are these guys even trying any more?

Demonstrable proof the Northern plot cannot meaningfully move forward until ep 9 at the earliest. Any proof though?

Why does a man like Ramsay have an army? What rational individual would support him? When did this show decide it was too good for politics?

On 26.5.2016 at 6:38 PM, HowlandReed'sWorth said:

Kinda late to the game but anyone else disappointed by the WW pretty much being terminators the CotF built?  D&D are hacks, don't get me wrong and i know george only told them "Broad strokes" but this i can't see their origin being changed from books to show. And bran being able to manipulate the past also let me down as well.

Why not? The books and especially TWoIAF have tantalising hints that could provide a different and IMHO better origin for the the Others. After all, in the books the Others first appeared long after humans and the Children had made peace. And they showed-up  during the Long Night - something that nature-oriented Children were unlikely to cause. IMHO, the show explanation just doesn't fit what we know from the books, not to mention that the idea of a weapon escaping it's  maker's control, while OK for TV, has been done to death in written SF and fantasy.

But the show-runners like the economy of characters involved - they already had the Children who could do magic - so why not make them responsible for the upcoming magical Apocalypse, while writing out roles that need extensive make-up? See the many other part amalgamations from books to the show, etc.

If he can warg and manipulate people in the past then whose actions are their own?

Similarly, I suspect that we won't get a time-loop in the books. It was probably just there to give Bran something significant to do. IIRC, Martin has already said that the circumstances of hold-the-door - Hodor are going to be different. Also, in the books substantially more people  have visions of the future and Bran and Jojen weren't the only ones contacted by 3ER, who is actually the 3-Eyed Crow there. And according to Bran's coma vision back in AGoT, where he saw failed dreamers fallen and broken on the ice, some of these people couldn't handle it. It is entirely possible that Hodor was one such, IMHO.

Likewise, book Aerys, for example, wouldn't need Bran to have accurate, but frightening and difficult to interpret visions of the future - he comes from a family where such abilities crop up with some regularity. I myself have suggested in the past, long before the show, that Aerys's instability may have been excacerbated by true clairvoyance.

1 hour ago, The Knight in Motley said:

I have to agree, while I think that Arya will leave the FM in some capacity in the books, in the show it feels very much like they are making the waif out to be a villain for the sole purpose of it being justifiable for Arya to kill her.  Same with killing the person who hired the assassin instead of the target.  I guess they will have to reveal that Jaquen has always been a series of different, cock-warted FM in order to justify her totally leaving the FM and heading for Westeros.

NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!  Putting the words "Jaqen" and "cock-warted" together is all kinds of WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG and I won't have it.  You're RUINING EVERYTHING!!  Well, you're ruining my fanwanking, that's for sure.

Oh wait..........maybe it explains that horrible bathrobe?  

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

On 26/05/2016 at 1:38 PM, HowlandReed'sWorth said:

Kinda late to the game but anyone else disappointed by the WW pretty much being terminators the CotF built?  D&D are hacks, don't get me wrong and i know george only told them "Broad strokes" but this i can't see their origin being changed from books to show. And bran being able to manipulate the past also let me down as well. If he can warg and manipulate people in the past then whose actions are their own?

I wouldn't be too sure about the show not being creative about the origin of the WWs. Especially if it made sense to them because they wanted it to happen. Also, I very much doubt the time manipulation thing, whatever the hell that was. You should check out Elio and Linda's video about it, it's very good. 

Here's the link:

6 hours ago, TheCasualObserver said:

Demonstrable proof the Northern plot cannot meaningfully move forward until ep 9 at the earliest. Any proof though?

Why does a man like Ramsay have an army? What rational individual would support him? When did this show decide it was too good for politics?

the show is not rational. The only reason in the books that there are Northern lords at Winterfell is that they have kinsmen being held at the twins from the red wedding. On this show, rather than use Rickon as a hostage against Jon and the Wildings invading Umber lands, they just handed him to Ramsay. WTF? The show has made a mess of things as usual.

4 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

the show is not rational. The only reason in the books that there are Northern lords at Winterfell is that they have kinsmen being held at the twins from the red wedding. On this show, rather than use Rickon as a hostage against Jon and the Wildings invading Umber lands, they just handed him to Ramsay. WTF? The show has made a mess of things as usual.

That's what happens when you replace or combine characters without tuning the story. You end up with characters out of their story, obliged to do some  out of character decisions in order for the plot point to be checked.

Archived