[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

55 minutes ago, BlueNightzx said:

yara the lesbian

"Hey, D&D, how about we show that women don't need to be lesbians, mad fire dragon bitches or murdering treacherous bitches to be strong, how about we portray yara/asha  as in the books, a strong, young woman, who has a fighting spirit, but also enjoys men and is not afraid of her femininity "

"nah, strong women are lesbians, let  her "fuck" some prostitute to show how strong he is, maybe she can even marry dany"

I admit, there is some part of me that truly believes the story was rewritten with this is mind. The DDC took the one example of Dany with Irri and came to the conclusion Dany is also a lesbian (or Bi). They are officially putting their own fan fiction on screen.

25 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

I bet D&D changed the entire plot just so they could get Varys, Greyworm and Theon in one room together so that they could make the mother of all cock jokes.

I think you may be onto something there ... :ack:

I was actually impressed with this episode. I found it amazing that there is actually a worse writer than D&D, and his name is Cogman. It really is impressive to be that bad. To simultaneously throw in the worst dialogue about fucking tits off and multiple dick jokes while at the same time writing the most boring episode ever....hats off to you!

S6E7

Initial nitpicks.

The Faith still hasn't put Carol on trial! Larry had enough time to travel back from the city of Dorne, hung about King's Landing for a bit, then raised a host and marched it all the way to Riverrun! What in seven hells is taking the High Sparrow so long?

It's a good thing Ramsay-sue has decided to chill for a bit for no reason because Emo Jon & Fansa are hilariously incompetent. Though it's not surprising that a bastard deserter and Mrs Bolton don't make for the most inspiring power couple. I know we'll send raven to the more important Houses but let's take a trip all the way to Bear Island and back to recruit a few dozen men. Surprisingly Lyanna Mormont demonstrated more intelligence and grit than anyone else on the show - Lyanna for Queen. Fansa continuing to cover up the game changing Vale army is idiotic.

How come the ruling class is incapable of speaking for themselves on this show? We had Theon making Yara's case for her at the Saltmoot, Davos has gone from making Satannis' arguments for him to speaking up for EmoJon & Fansa. Which is even more ridiculous given that he's a complete irrelevance in the North. What authority he has in the books derives from being Stannis envoy – an upjumped Southron Lord no-one has heard of tagging along with Jon & Sansa only contributes to them looking rag-tag and desperate (especially as he's conspicuously alive when the rest of Stannis' men are dead implying that he was a deserter).

Speaking of Highborn utterly lacking in diplomacy and guile, the Queen of Thorns really isn't too sharp these days, Marg had to draw her a pretty picture for her to understand she's running a con and can't talk openly.

Theek's trauma levels are weirdly variable. He can travel alone all the way from the middle of no-where in the North to the Iron Islands with no trouble, can knock out a speech when needed, but sitting around suddenly he's exhibiting trauma again? I know PTSD can flare up unexpectedly but it's the same with his physical trauma, sometimes he hobbles around other times he can run about without issue. Yara's innovative approach to assertiveness training is interesting, yes keep yelling at him to drink when clearly doesn't want to, that'll fix him right up.

Arya clearly learnt nothing from the Faceless Men. Given how sloppy the the Wraif's assassination attempt was maybe they just had nothing to teach her in the first place (stick fighting excluded).

Why has the Brotherhood without Banners gone crazy on the show? Why did they come back to murder a few peasants after leaving them alone the previous day? And how did the Hound only hear the massacre at the very end? Did the BWB learn their stealth skills from Ramsay's 20 good men?

43 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

I bet D&D changed the entire plot just so they could get Varys, Greyworm and Theon in one room together so that they could make the mother of all cock jokes.

That is so disturbingly accurate. (Which probably means it's true, in some capacity, too...)

29 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I admit, there is some part of me that truly believes the story was rewritten with this is mind. The DDC took the one example of Dany with Irri and came to the conclusion Dany is also a lesbian (or Bi). They are officially putting their own fan fiction on screen.

I'm sure there'll be  at least one "hot" scene between Yara and Dany, or Yara and Missandei.

Well, it looks like NCW got his 15 seconds per season of playing Jaime (I thought the Blackfish and Frey scenes were decent, though I may have just been blinded by how gosh-darned gorgeous he is in that armor.) Next week, it's back to being Carol's pet moral eunuch, yay!!

I'm sort of hoping those spoilers about Jaime "melting" are actually referring to him being part of Cersei's wildfire grill in KL - at least I won't keep stupidly hoping for something better with my favorite.

2 minutes ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

S6E7

Initial nitpicks.

The Faith still hasn't put Carol on trial! Larry had enough time to travel back from the city of Dorne, hung about King's Landing for a bit, then raised a host and marched it all the way to Riverrun! What in seven hells is taking the High Sparrow so long?

It's a good thing Ramsay-sue has decided to chill for a bit for no reason because Emo Jon & Fansa are hilariously incompetent. Though it's not surprising that a bastard deserter and Mrs Bolton don't make for the most inspiring power couple. I know we'll send raven to the more important Houses but let's take a trip all the way to Bear Island and back to recruit a few dozen men. Surprisingly Lyanna Mormont demonstrated more intelligence and grit than anyone else on the show - Lyanna for Queen. Fansa continuing to cover up the game changing Vale army is idiotic.

How come the ruling class is incapable of speaking for themselves on this show? We had Theon making Yara's case for her at the Saltmoot, Davos has gone from making Satannis' arguments for him to speaking up for EmoJon & Fansa. Which is even more ridiculous given that he's a complete irrelevance in the North. What authority he has in the books derives from being Stannis envoy – an upjumped Southron Lord no-one has heard of tagging along with Jon & Sansa only contributes to them looking rag-tag and desperate (especially as he's conspicuously alive when the rest of Stannis' men are dead implying that he was a deserter).

Speaking of Highborn utterly lacking in diplomacy and guile, the Queen of Thorns really isn't too sharp these days, Marg had to draw her a pretty picture for her to understand she's running a con and can't talk openly.

Theek's trauma levels are weirdly variable. He can travel alone all the way from the middle of no-where in the North to the Iron Islands with no trouble, can knock out a speech when needed, but sitting around suddenly he's exhibiting trauma again? I know PTSD can flare up unexpectedly but it's the same with his physical trauma, sometimes he hobbles around other times he can run about without issue. Yara's innovative approach to assertiveness training is interesting, yes keep yelling at him to drink when clearly doesn't want to, that'll fix him right up.

Arya clearly learnt nothing from the Faceless Men. Given how sloppy the the Wraif's assassination attempt was maybe they just had nothing to teach her in the first place (stick fighting excluded).

Why has the Brotherhood without Banners gone crazy on the show? Why did they come back to murder a few peasants after leaving them alone the previous day? And how did the Hound only hear the massacre at the very end? Did the BWB learn their stealth skills from Ramsay's 20 good men?

All great stuff as usual. But of every stupid thing in this episode, I think this last part pissed me off the most. The ENTIRE point of the BWB is to protect the common folk from pretty much any army. D&D acknowledged this back in season 3. Yet 3 seasons later, they apparently forgot their purpose and are now just murdering innocents? Fuck that.

Ian McShane did himself a favor. He probably volunteered to hang himself just to get the hell out of this mess.

24 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

I was actually impressed with this episode. I found it amazing that there is actually a worse writer than D&D, and his name is Cogman. It really is impressive to be that bad. To simultaneously throw in the worst dialogue about fucking tits off and multiple dick jokes while at the same time writing the most boring episode ever....hats off to you!

This. Any enjoyment I got came from the actors, not the script.

How about this shit-

One stab to the gut kills Roose almost immediately. This is a grown man who has been in combat. He cannot fight back and just falls over dead.

One stab to the lower back from a small woman kills Hotah immediately. The huge bodyguard loses motor control and drops his only weapon. He cannot fight back and flops to the ground. 

Several stabs to the gut from an assassin does not kill Arya, nor does it paralyze her. She "pulls a Balon" and not only jumps into a river from a bridge but swims to safety and is able to walk several yards whilst bleeding out. She apparently lives. 

What?

28 minutes ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

Fansa continuing to cover up the game changing Vale army is idiotic.

Yeah, like I don't know what the big deal is. I'm not sure why Fansa couldn't just have a sit down with Jon and explain to him that she thinks they might be able to get the Vale Army and explain to Jon what she knows about LF.
Just like, I don't know why it's so hard for Fansa to sit Jon down and explain what she knows about Arya.

Just now, OldGimletEye said:

Yeah, like I don't know what the big deal is. I'm not sure why Fansa couldn't just have a sit down with Jon and explain to him that she thinks they might be able to get the Vale Army and explain to Jon what she knows about LF.
Just like, I don't know why it's so hard for Fansa to sit Jon down and explain what she knows about Arya.

Yeah, they don't actually need LF at all. SR sent the army to rescue his cousin, and she's his cousin. So go rescue the other cousin.

It's just melodrama, no need for it to make sense. Ever since they yanked her out of her own storyline, it's been sense, who needs sense.

2 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

There's no plausible in-universe reason for her to act this way, it's clearly just the writers setting up Littlefinger Ex Machina for the shocking conclusion to bastard-bowl.

2 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Because then we can't get the heroic Pelennor Fields entrance with Batfinger at the head of "his" army.

Just now, Le Cygne said:

Yeah, they don't actually need LF at all. SR sent the army to rescue his cousin, and she's his cousin. So go rescue the other cousin.

It's just melodrama, no need for it to make sense. Ever since they yanked her out of her own storyline, it's been sense, who needs sense.

Yeah, I think Turner is talking nonsense again. I read somewhere, recently, that she said something to the effect that "Jon is going to have to get used to listening to her" or whatever.
But, what does Sansa do here? This:
We need more troops!
Well, thanks for that Captain Obvious!
Rather than making a rather obvious statement she could have suggested to Jon that she knows a way of getting more troops. But, she doesn't do that. Instead, she just goes behind his back, like he can't be trusted (the half brother! The horror!).
None of it makes a lick sense. It's just D & D & C trying to create melodrama. And unfortunately, Sansa's character suffers for it.

21 minutes ago, Lord Fauntleroy said:

How about this shit-

One stab to the gut kills Roose almost immediately. This is a grown man who has been in combat. He cannot fight back and just falls over dead.

One stab to the lower back from a small woman kills Hotah immediately. The huge bodyguard loses motor control and drops his only weapon. He cannot fight back and flops to the ground. 

Several stabs to the gut from an assassin does not kill Arya, nor does it paralyze her. She "pulls a Balon" and not only jumps into a river from a bridge but swims to safety and is able to walk several yards whilst bleeding out. She apparently lives. 

What?

And is able to jump around and do ninja parkour next episode.

Archived