[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

Wow... all those reviews and commentary make SANDRA seem like a petulant, evil child. SHE wanted to save the day, so she held back information about reinforcements. The MENS weren't asking her opinion, so she complains and then refrains from helping because screw them, I guess. A Woman Is On Top by getting one brother killed and the other almost killed, not to mention one of the last giants (if not the last) and a whole bunch of Northmen and wildlings. Sounds to me like A Woman Durn Fucked Up.

Did Lyanna Mormont survive? I'd pay real money to see her (and Jon, because he deserves to be part of it) take SANDRA to task about the Vale troops. Those were Lyanna's people out there dying, too, right?

Heck, I'd pay money to have the REAL Sansa tear a hole in fictional dimensions to do it.

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

If it will get Daario naked... that's the only bright spot of the episode, when he briefly appeared on screen.

I imagine they would be aiming the appeal more at teenage boys.

Sorry to just hop in as im catching up here but if they would have just had Jon respect and try to protect Rickon's body that would have gone a long way in making this a better, more thoughtful battle scene. Jon on ground level with the incoming Bolton men on horses provided a great shot, but Rickon in Jons arms with those horses coming forward would have been great as well. Jon going the wrong way, on horseback with Rickons body as his own northern men/wildings were racing toward the Boltons would have been great as well. A plea from Jon to Mel to save Rickon, with her denying, then Jon going full badass mode  and getting back into the battle would have worked also.

But just running forward over top of Rickons body allowing him  to get trampled and peppered with more arrows was incredibly disrespectful to the right heir to the North. The "bones" are sacred. Get him out of there and ensure preserving them. 

20 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I was just kidding. Not that Daario isn't beautiful. I know that's all who matters to them.

(Not the adult female demographic, just saying.)

6 minutes ago, SeanF said:

They haven't been shy to aim for the adult female demographic either though, I am sure we'll see some eyecandy for the ladies with him again.

23 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

Another side rant on Sansa and the writing. Apparently, Sansa is the dog whisperer now. Ramsay said his dogs are completely loyal to him and would not eat him. Sansa replies that they would eat him since they were starving. But Sansa was in the cage with him and the dogs. I could see where they would eat him eventually, but they should have eaten Sansa first.

During the parley Sansa rode off before Ramsey mentioned his hounds so she shouldn't even know about them not being fed for seven days. Just too many plot holes to count.

28 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

Turner says also she finally learned now the game with what she did with LFs army? yeah, little brother does not matter. 

I am also mad how they did the whole scene with Rickons death. Why should it have been that much dragged out? Why does it need to take that long :wacko: Stupid emotional manipulation. 

And the worst thing is they do not any longer the sweet scenes anymore. With Barry's and Shireen's death, there were at least some sweet scenes with Barry and Shireen. Rickon and Osha screentime => dying. :bang:

You just knew Wamsay would have a bingo with his arrows just as Jon nearly reaches Rickon. :rolleyes: That's just soooooooo cliche awful.

12 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

The show runners love their villains and from what I just watched, they are turning Sansa into a villain now too.

I have difficulty working out who is considered a villain and who is considered a hero, and who is neither.  Not because they are creating nuanced characters, who combine aspects of heroism and villainy (as GRRM does), but more because what we might consider bad (showing no mercy to enemies, total ruthlessness, sexually abusing slaves) is portrayed in a positive light on the Show.

Yeah, it is all Jon's mistake because he didn't listen to her. He didn't listen to her, when she kept repeating we need a bigger army, we need a bigger army, ... And Jon asked her always: What army? And she never told him the truth and went behind his back

Harrington at least explains that she doesn't really answer him, when he starts to ask questions.

:rolleyes: 

And we also have to be happy she got her first kill and she killed Ramsay. But ... (and then I agree with writers :o and Harrington) that while you probably jeey Ramsay is getting be hit by Jon (Evil me liked that moment), you should tell the hero this is the moment to stop. Harrington says this is the moment where the hero turns into a monster!!!!!!! And I do think Weiss or Benioff said something similar about Jon in Inside the Episode. S

At the same time you have Sansa and her smug face and this is good? Ellaria and the SS are also empowered women? Dany killing those Dothraki and the Master also with a smug face? Yara? 

Are there here not double standards? I did not see Jon having a smug face but he is the one turning into the monster (In hope in the books he returns back alive more feral :D, even more berserker like, ... Doesn't he have already that tendency?)

Ghost, you missed your meal AGAIN. I am starting to get really disappointed at you  

12 minutes ago, Liver and Onions said:

Wow... all those reviews and commentary make SANDRA seem like a petulant, evil child. SHE wanted to save the day, so she held back information about reinforcements. The MENS weren't asking her opinion, so she complains and then refrains from helping because screw them, I guess. A Woman Is On Top by getting one brother killed and the other almost killed, not to mention one of the last giants (if not the last) and a whole bunch of Northmen and wildlings. Sounds to me like A Woman Durn Fucked Up.

Did Lyanna Mormont survive? I'd pay real money to see her (and Jon, because he deserves to be part of it) take SANDRA to task about the Vale troops. Those were Lyanna's people out there dying, too, right?

Heck, I'd pay money to have the REAL Sansa tear a hole in fictional dimensions to do it.

It was stupid. Davos, Tormund and Jon are talking strategy. Sansa is inside the tent. She's standing to the side. Doesn't even seem interested. She's effing free to join and make some comment any time she wants. And then apparently Tormund doesn't know what a "ditch" is. :rolleyes:

They say goodnight, sleep well, gotta get up in the monring. And then she berates him about not asking her for advice.

Jon's "ok, you have a point. What do you think we should do?".

Sandra: "Oh, I don't know anything about battles. But you should get a bigger army."

Jon: "We went to every possible Northern House out there, and this is all we got. Where do I get more men?"

Sandra: remains mute.

WTF

:bang:

31 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Jon is to blame. Sansa saved the day. Going behind his back. And she's like Ramsay now. She got her first kill!

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/20/game-thrones-sansa-ramsay-dead

They aren't even pretending she's Sansa to the slightest degree. There's nothing of the original character there. And nowhere was Littlefinger blamed.

I know how much you enjoy Sansa as a character in the books, and I agree, show Sansa is something completely different.

I could imagine that book Sansa in a position of power would need to command armies and execute people.  I doubt if she would be indifferent to her younger brother's death, deceive Jon Snow on the eve of a desperate battle, or feed even someone she hated to dogs.

10 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I was just kidding. Not that Daario isn't beautiful. I know that's all who matters to them.

(Not the adult female demographic, just saying.)

Hey, don't be saying that. You get plenty of cock warts for your viewing pleasure! :)

1 minute ago, SeanF said:

I know how much you enjoy Sansa as a character in the books, and I agree, show Sansa is something completely different.

I could imagine that book Sansa in a position of power would need to command armies and execute people.  I doubt if she would be indifferent to her younger brother's death, deceive Jon Snow on the eve of a desperate battle, or feed even someone she hated to dogs.

I don't see her as queen, Westeros is in big trouble if that ever happens. I don't think she wants to be queen anyway, but she certainly would not be in command of armies, nor behave this way.

Just now, Le Cygne said:

I don't see her as queen, Westeros is in big trouble if that ever happens. I don't think she wants to be queen anyway, but she certainly would not be in command of armies, nor behave this way.

Not necessarily Queen, but she may still find herself in a position of power.

6 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I have difficulty working out who is considered a villain and who is considered a hero, and who is neither.  Not because they are creating nuanced characters, who combine aspects of heroism and villainy (as GRRM does), but more because what we might consider bad (showing no mercy to enemies, total ruthlessness, sexually abusing slaves) is portrayed in a positive light on the Show.

I suppose next week will cement who Sansa is at this point in the series. She withheld the Vale info and when she told Ramsay he would die tomorrow, sleep well, it was if she got word that the Vale would be there. She never told Jon and he was lucky to survive as a result. She is a betrayer, either she is an idiot or an enemy to Jon.

1 minute ago, SuperMario said:

Hey, don't be saying that. You get plenty of cock warts for your viewing pleasure! :)

Seriously.  The demographic that enjoys men gets the 'shaft' so to speak.  It's like D&D were like, 'ok, the lady folk/men who like men are up in arms at the lack of male nudity.  K', let's give em warty dong, oooh and the hound pissing.'

Thanks, D&D.  What's next, Walder Frey full frontal?

5 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Not necessarily Queen, but she may still find herself in a position of power.

We can agree to disagree on that. I just don't see it in the books at all.

It doesn't even look like she was supposed to survive in the original outline.

And she wasn't considered a main character, and the same ones will be in power.

I think Bran will end the story in Winterfell as he began, and that's for the best.

Archived