[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

39 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

It's either Arya that is happy at the action of Joffrey's death......or...........Maisie is just grateful to be involved in a scene that doesn't include a massive stick and The Unwraithful Waif.  I'm to the point that it seems the show is building up to anything other than Arya killing that girl, perhaps on her way out of the FM, would seem unsatisfying.  This Anti-Waif theme seems the only consistency in the show right now.  

haha

13 minutes ago, The Knight in Motley said:

Bo Laren?

OK, that made me laugh, seriously. 

I kind of like BNP's "Bobcut." Because the only thing about her I notice, besides that stick, is her anachronistic pageboy haircut. 

The Waif was actually a great minor character in the book. A little tragic backstory and everything. This one is just a different kind of Spoonella. 

14 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

You know, I find it funny that for an organization that is supposed to be about losing one's identity (thus hopes, dreams, desires, etc..) they have no qualms with one of their disciples being super catty and possessive on account of sexy Jesus. Somehow D&D managed that...

Yeah, they made her quite the individual. Hardly no one. She hates Arya because she's jealous that Sexy Jesus likes her better, is the best I can piece it together. That's why they keep having lanna fights, because that's just what GoT women do, you know? And who cares about killing Walder Frey or avenging her beloved brother Jon, or meeting her best friend Gendry again, or anyone else... No, I just want her to KILL THE WAIF.

23 hours ago, RUSSELL BELL said:

As one of the few people who actually like or liked the show on this site despite its obvious flaws. I cannot believe what I just witnessed. That Kingsmoot scene was the most stupid sequence I think I have ever seen on this show. God it was bad. Where do I start ? Euron openly admits to killing the king of the Iron Islands who also happens to be his brother. Add kinslaying to the list of absurdities. And then the stupid Ironborn choose to elect a murderous lunatic who was gone for years over an actually decent human being who knows and understands their way of life.

After being elected, he then proceeds to suggest openly murdering his niece and nephew in front of everyone for no justifiable reason other than them being his only opponents. And they all somehow all agree to help ? And to put some continuity errors into the mix. Theon and Yara leave in canoes and 2 seconds later they're in ships 300 yards away. In 5 minutes ? That was actually worse than Dorne but didn't look as ridiculous because the actor who plays Euron is mildly charismatic despite the terrible material he was given to work with. 

I'm a huge fan of the show and still am. Honestly I wasn't even a huge fan of this rant and rave threads at all. I want to love the show and I even thought most the episode was good. But I really think the show runners need someone with a critical eye to look at the their scripts and iron out its absurdities. Because that was atrocious. 

This was the only part I didn't like about Kingsmoot. It was worse than in the books, but I didn't expect much, considering The Iron Born are almost ignored in the show. However, I actually liked Theon's speech to Yara.

But this......Euron has no fear of saying he killed the previous king!!! That's completely insane!!!! He is basically saying that killing the previous king is something normal, and thus they could kill him if he is not good in a few years.

This has no sense at all. We watched how Doran was killed, how Lord Commander was killed, how The Lord of The North was killed and  how the King in The Iron Islands was killed.

And the killers confess about their crimes!! Even when they don't need to......like Euron. This...or The Iron Born are strong, but with no intelligence.

That actually "justifies" why Euron wants to kill them and his people are OK with it.

5 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah, they made her quite the individual. Hardly no one. She hates Arya because she's jealous that Sexy Jesus likes her better, is the best I can piece it together. That's why they keep having lanna fights, because that's just what GoT women do, you know? And who cares about killing Walder Frey or avenging her beloved brother Jon, or meeting her best friend Gendry again, or anyone else... No, I just want her to KILL THE WAIF.

They are empowered. They are Brute. Join the club Arya.

11 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

This was the only part I didn't like about Kingsmoot. It was worse than in the books, but I didn't expect much, considering The Iron Born are almost ignored in the show. However, I actually liked Theon's speech to Yara.

But this......Euron has no fear of saying he killed the previous king!!! That's completely insane!!!! He is basically saying that killing the previous king is something normal, and thus they could kill him if he is not good in a few years.

This has no sense at all. We watched how Doran was killed, how Lord Commander was killed, how The Lord of The North was killed and  how the King in The Iron Islands was killed.

And the killers confess about their crimes!! Even when they don't need to......like Euron. This...or The Iron Born are strong, but with no intelligence.

Worse than all the terrible dialogue, and reasonings behind it at The Kingsmoot was the fact that I couldn't help but notice that during the entire scene........the obviousness of actors milling around as they waited their turn to say their lines.  That was the most noticeable thing to me about the Kingsmoot, other than the junior high boy jokes, was the fact that it felt like watching a really bad dress rehearsal.  The actors looked to find most of the dialogue as embarrassing as we did, quite frankly.  

3 minutes ago, Joan Jett said:

Where even is Gendry? Where will he pop up? He started sailing from dragonstone, so I don't see how he could end up anywhere but the Crownlands.

Or probably in Asshai or Sothoryos

5 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Worse than all the terrible dialogue, and reasonings behind it at The Kingsmoot was the fact that I couldn't help but notice that during the entire scene........the obviousness of actors milling around as they waited their turn to say their lines.  That was the most noticeable thing to me about the Kingsmoot, other than the junior high boy jokes, was the fact that it felt like watching a really bad dress rehearsal.  The actors looked to find most of the dialogue as embarrassing as we did, quite frankly.  

I think that with wind and rain it would have been better. And.....how many islanders were attending the assembly?:crying:

I just ignored that. It was difficult, but now I watch the show with very low expectations. I wanted to enjoy the scene, because I love Asha-so I focused a lot in Theon and Yara and the significance of their meeting. It was hard, but I kind of enjoyed it too. 

Then, when Euron appeared and said the cock joke, I lost concentration. I tried to concentrate again on the acting again and I enjoyed the Aeron version with Euron. What is dead may never die. That was good. And the music when Theon and Yara leave too.

But I understand you. For me, as a Iron Born fan I thought the scene was mediocre in terms of logistics but the brothers killed it.

27 minutes ago, Joan Jett said:

Where even is Gendry? Where will he pop up? He started sailing from dragonstone, so I don't see how he could end up anywhere but the Crownlands.

6 minutes ago, GallowKnight said:

Forever rowing.

He is about to circumnavigate Planetos in his rower boat by now. He is the Westerosi Fernão de Magalhães 

1 hour ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

It's either Arya that is happy at the action of Joffrey's death......or...........Maisie is just grateful to be involved in a scene that doesn't include a massive stick and The Unwraithful Waif.  I'm to the point that it seems the show is building up to anything other than Arya killing that girl, perhaps on her way out of the FM, would seem unsatisfying.  This Anti-Waif theme seems the only consistency in the show right now.  

She'll probably end up poisoning the yougn actress who wanted the older one dead out of envy, aka Arya kills the one who paid and hired the FM, not the target.

6 hours ago, Joan Jett said:

This is my favorite explanation yet.

On 5/23/2016 at 8:28 AM, YOVMO said:

Littlefinger not teleporting. I think what people miss is that Gendry is rowing people all over the place. Killing Tristane in the harbor at Kings Landing, Balish getting around to all corners of the known universe -- pretty much any time someone crosses an absurd amount of time and often under the cover of stealth we have to assume that it is Gendry rowboating them around.

:lmao: 

I think I may have said this before but I was really looking forward to Arya's scenes in Braavos and the show runners and writers didn't adapt the source material at all! I really don't think they understand the Faceless Men. I mean I do like that Arya is learning how to fight and all but getting beat up all the time...it's getting repetitive. In the books the House of Black and White is so intriguing. Arya really learns a lot more then in the show. As for the play: I love it and I know they have Arya standing in the crowd to parallel season 1 but she's supposed to be befriending and learning acting skills. I hope next episode she starts to befriend Lady Crane. And it looks like no warging for her at all, which I hate. I seriously hope Arya's story line picks up in the next five episodes to a satisfying conclusion for this season. She needs more screen time dammit!

8 hours ago, HairGrowsBack said:

You know, I find it funny that for an organization that is supposed to be about losing one's identity (thus hopes, dreams, desires, etc..) they have no qualms with one of their disciples being super catty and possessive on account of sexy Jesus. Somehow D&D managed that...

Just another nonsensical character that D$D have managed to torture us with, the waif is hardly no one, so what in seven hells is she doing begun an instructor at an  movement where  disciples  are supposed to have no agenda bar service, believable, NOT!

7 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Gendry is at Moat Cailin, everyone ends up there eventually.

Haha

The show's version of the Inn at the Crossroads.

What I love about the Inn at the Crossroads in the books is how it reveals in microcosm the effects of the wars across Westeros through its many changes every time we visit.

Or maybe I'm just doing a school book report here :dunno:

Archived