Arya's Kill list and Melisandre's prediction

khaldrogon

Hello All, it's my first post here. And sorry in advance if this is the wrong place or if this has been discussed before

I noticed on "Oathbreaker" that Arya's kill list down to 3.

Cercei, The Mountain and Walder Frey.

Back when Arya met Melisandre with the BwB, Melisandre says that she will meet her again and that she will kill shut the eyes of 3 peoples

Those people will have Blue, Green and Brown eyes. "Eyes she will shut forever"

Are these 2 scenes now connected? Was this some sort of foreshadowing on the part of Melisandre?

Cercei has green eyes IIRC. What about Gregor and Walder Frey. Do their eye color match up to what Meli said?

Does Arya fit in with the Valanqar prophecy?

9 hours ago, khaldrogon said:

Hello All, it's my first post here. And sorry in advance if this is the wrong place or if this has been discussed before

Back when Arya met Melisandre with the BwB, Melisandre says that she will meet her again and that she will kill shut the eyes of 3 peoples

Are these 2 scenes now connected? Was this some sort of foreshadowing on the part of Melisandre?

Cercei has green eyes IIRC. What about Gregor and Walder Frey. Do their eye color match up to what Meli said?

Good catch. I think now that she became Noone she will get the gift of killing the people from Aryas list. Honouring Arya.

12 hours ago, khaldrogon said:

I had taken Mel's words as if Arya would have green, blue and brown eyes throughout her life (being a FM) and after that she dies (eyes she will close forever)

But maybe I misunderstood this.

1 hour ago, Ser Bronn Blackfyre said:

I had taken Mel's words as if Arya would have green, blue and brown eyes throughout her life (being a FM) and after that she dies (eyes she will close forever)

But maybe I misunderstood this.

This is way I interpreted too except the part about her dying. I thought it was just a a nod to the fact that she would become a FM and wear many different faces and some of the faces would be those she killed.

I think either interpretation is plausible.

After Mel's prophecy Arya kills some people: a soldier after the Red Wedding (he boasted about sewing Grey Wind's head to Robb's body), Polliver (she takes Needle back from him), Meryn Trant. I think that Mel's words about different pairs of eyes mean only that Arya would become a killer. But I wonder about their possible second meeting too. Is there any chance for Melisandre to travel to Braavos? Now it seems that vice versa is more likely - for Arya to return to Westeros with a mission from FM. But if the Waif insisted: "Didn't you omit someone from your list?" then the target couldn't be Cersei (because Cersei is still in the list). Maybe the mentioning of the Hound merely reminds viewers of him. Somehow I don't think FM would see him as a very important person. Though the question "What name is missing?" is very interesting. In the books the list is longer but there are many "not very important" people in it (Raff etc.: see "Mercy" chapter from tWoW, they used it for Season 5). What names Arya recites in Season 4 before her sleep, near the Hound, in the wild? Looked it up: S4ep05 ("First of His Name"). Her list there and then: "Joffrey, Cersei, Walder Frey, Meryn Trant, Tywin Lannister, the Red Woman, Beric Dondarrion, Thoros of Myr, Ilyn Payne, the Mountain, the Hound". Well, if we strike out those who are already dead and who are present in the shorter version of the list then we get the following: "The Red Woman, Beric Dondarrion, Thoros of Myr" (Ilyn Payne was '"quietly removed" from the show).  So... the Red Woman? It would be elegant: Jon remains without his resurrector and Mel's prophecy about her next meeting with Arya turns true.

The actor who Plays walder frey,  David Bradley, has blue eyes.   Pretty sure the mountain has brown eyes.  And Cersei has green.

Perfect set up for her hit list!

Edit:  Unless, we get cleganebowl -> sandor kills the mountain -> arya gives broken man sandor the gift in the spirit of the faceless men.

Archived