The next Bran flashback

Uncle Benjen's

Hey guys.

I was wondering if anyone had any information on what the next flashback scene would entail or any predictions?

I personally think the scene of the Tourney at Harnehall (where Rhaegar presented the roses to Lyanna) should be the next flashback. The way they are presenting it seems to be aimed at allowing us to draw our own conclusions while hinting at what may have happened. Therefore I think this would be the best way to draw some further context.

What do you guys think? 

I think you may be right Strangler, I think maybe Littlefinger told Sansa the story in the crypts?

However I still think it would hold relevance especially since the last flashback was the Tower of Joy, being guarded by Targaryan guards and Ned's sister inside - then in the next flashback we're shown Rhaegar name Lyanna at the tourney I think would be a perfect way to end that set of reveals. It wouldn't too confusing for the average viewer and would show that they show writers are pushing us down a certain path of thinking. Or they could go full weirwood mode and just show them getting married - if they did marry.

Nevertheless I hope they show a scene that gives some more context to the Tower of Joy flashback. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Benjen's said:

I think you may be right Strangler, I think maybe Littlefinger told Sansa the story in the crypts?

However I still think it would hold relevance especially since the last flashback was the Tower of Joy, being guarded by Targaryan guards and Ned's sister inside - then in the next flashback we're shown Rhaegar name Lyanna at the tourney I think would be a perfect way to end that set of reveals. It wouldn't too confusing for the average viewer and would show that they show writers are pushing us down a certain path of thinking. Or they could go full weirwood mode and just show them getting married - if they did marry.

Nevertheless I hope they show a scene that gives some more context to the Tower of Joy flashback. 

It would be nice to see a Harrenhall tournament flashback, but sadly I can't see D&D giving us that.  We may get some more backstory from Littlefinger, but I think that the big reveal will involve Ned dashing into the ToJ, possibly fighting the third Kingsguard on the way to see his sister in her bed of blood.  Adult Lyanna (as opposed to the younger version seen at Winterfell in S6E3), is probably going to be planned by Israeli Actress Lyanna Bukstein.  We will get "promise me, Ned", whatever that DOES mean, followed by him picking up a dark haired baby boy, followed by a cut to Jon Snow doing something in the North....

I agree that the tourney would be amazing. Another way to show that he wasn't a kidnapping rapist.

I just posted about this on another topic. I just randomly watched the teaser where the NK grabs Bran's arm. While it's a quick shot, you can see dark rocks in the background covered in snow - It looks a lot like Hardhome where the NK and Co. watched the massacre. You can see a couple WWs in the background, as well. I haven't see this posted anywhere else, but my theory is that this is his attempt to explore his abilities on his own and he comes across Hardhome and Jon. Without the guidance of 3ER, he finds himself being grabbed by the NK because the NK is THAT powerful (giving Bran more insight into their strength on multiple levels).

If you pause at 1:08 of the second trailer there is a quick shot of what looks like Jamie stabbing King Aerys in the back. It's only showing their shadows on the wall but the shadow of the iron throne is also visible on the wall so its got to be them. Would be really interesting to see Bran's reaction to this although I can't remember if he knows Jamie pushed him from the window. I would post a link but i dont know how.

2 hours ago, Tinker Tanner said:

If you pause at 1:08 of the second trailer there is a quick shot of what looks like Jamie stabbing King Aerys in the back. It's only showing their shadows on the wall but the shadow of the iron throne is also visible on the wall so its got to be them. Would be really interesting to see Bran's reaction to this although I can't remember if he knows Jamie pushed him from the window. I would post a link but i dont know how.

It looks more like a fight between Mountain and a sparrow. Both fighters are fighting with a sword and one of them seemed to wearing a monkish cloak.

5 hours ago, TheAzorAhai said:

I haven't see this posted anywhere else, but my theory is that this is his attempt to explore his abilities on his own and he comes across Hardhome and Jon. Without the guidance of 3ER, he finds himself being grabbed by the NK because the NK is THAT powerful (giving Bran more insight into their strength on multiple levels).

It's too close to LOTR and I don't think GRRM would want to go there.

11 hours ago, The Idle Raven said:

It would be nice to see a Harrenhall tournament flashback, but sadly I can't see D&D giving us that.  We may get some more backstory from Littlefinger, but I think that the big reveal will involve Ned dashing into the ToJ, possibly fighting the third Kingsguard on the way to see his sister in her bed of blood.  Adult Lyanna (as opposed to the younger version seen at Winterfell in S6E3), is probably going to be planned by Israeli Actress Lyanna Bukstein.  We will get "promise me, Ned", whatever that DOES mean, followed by him picking up a dark haired baby boy, followed by a cut to Jon Snow doing something in the North....

The name of the actor is Ania Bukstein, and I think she's playing a Red Priestess.

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1118747/got-has-a-new-red-priestess-heres-everything-we-know-about-kinvara-so-far

11 hours ago, shk12344 said:

It looks more like a fight between Mountain and a sparrow. Both fighters are fighting with a sword and one of them seemed to wearing a monkish cloak.

Agreed - that's just a sparrow attacking the Mountain from behind and not killing him. It's how sparrows find out he's undead.

D&D have said they really dislike flashbacks and think it lazy writing. But unless they were willing to bring in Howland Reed or Meera suddenly do an exposition, they couldn't but do ToJ except by flashback. So, they're not going to use a vision to show something that has been referred to previously in the show by characters. It's been mentioned enough that Jaime killed the Mad King and we were told how. So, there's no reason whatsoever to show us with a flashback. And Jaime also already revealed why he killed the Mad King.

For the same reasons there will be no FB of Harrenhal tourney and Rhaegar crowning Lyanna.

12 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

The name of the actor is Ania Bukstein, and I think she's playing a Red Priestess.

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1118747/got-has-a-new-red-priestess-heres-everything-we-know-about-kinvara-so-far

Yeah she's in the trailer in Meereen wearing all red. Probably a Moqorro or Benerro substitute because I guess all red priests have to be female now. Which is going to make all my show only friends think they're all old like Mel. Oh boy

13 minutes ago, rustythesmith said:

Yeah she's in the trailer in Meereen wearing all red. Probably a Moqorro or Benerro substitute because I guess all red priests have to be female now. Which is going to make all my show only friends think they're all old like Mel. Oh boy

They have to be female and smoking hot, perhaps that's to do with how they understood the religion of R'hllor: fire, and smoking hot chicks! :lol:

1 hour ago, rustythesmith said:

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

They have to be female and smoking hot, perhaps that's to do with how they understood the religion of R'hllor: fire, and smoking hot chicks! :lol:

Thoros is male, as was the red priest in the season premiere.

11 minutes ago, Lautrec said:

Thoros is male, as was the red priest in the season premiere.

True enough. Beautiful actresses aren't something I generally want to complain about anyway.  Except maybe Maggie the Frog. It would be cool to see some Moqorro though.

20 hours ago, TheAzorAhai said:

I agree that the tourney would be amazing. Another way to show that he wasn't a kidnapping rapist.

I just posted about this on another topic. I just randomly watched the teaser where the NK grabs Bran's arm. While it's a quick shot, you can see dark rocks in the background covered in snow - It looks a lot like Hardhome where the NK and Co. watched the massacre. You can see a couple WWs in the background, as well. I haven't see this posted anywhere else, but my theory is that this is his attempt to explore his abilities on his own and he comes across Hardhome and Jon. Without the guidance of 3ER, he finds himself being grabbed by the NK because the NK is THAT powerful (giving Bran more insight into their strength on multiple levels).

Interesting

48 minutes ago, The Baelish Mockingbird said:

Honestly, I would like to see BloodRaven show flashbacks to Jaime past. 

You know, "Hay this guy pushed you out the window but his life was far from grand." 
Do the whole even your enemies aren't as bad as what's coming thing.

Bran still doesn't know Jaime pushed him out of the window, and why, does he?

Archived