Battle of the Bastards Battle Predictions

Adam Shanks

**POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD**

We assume John marches south with the wildlings... 5000? Let's assume Davos can muster some Northern houses, Mormonts and who else? How many men do these house command?? 4000 in total without the manderlys? Can't be many after the RW! If LF marches North he must have at least 10,000 Knights of the vale with him... I reckon 8000 good men could swing the battle in Johns favour and beat the boltons.

what do you predict the strength of each army and which houses will join john/sansa??

will ramseys dogs join the battle?? Will they face ghost?? 

Questions Questions

No clue about the absolute strengths, and I doubt it will be made explicit in the show. I expect Jon to have the Mormonts behind him, and I do expect him to join with the Manderlys, who I see as openly opposing the Boltons now, with the Umbers turning cloak during the battle (I've argued in more detail why I think this is plausible - albeit risky - in the Umbers thread in this subforum).

So it will be: Jon/Wildlings + Mormont + Manderly vs. Boltons + Karstarks + Umbers turning into Jon/Wildlings + Mormont + Manderly + Umber vs. Boltons + Karstarks and then a sound victory for Jon's side greatly outnumbering the other.

Whether and how the Vale features into this - no clue. I guess we may know more next week. Yes, Littlefinger was seen in a snowy forest in the Riverlands - but that could be the first signs of Winter there, could it not?

58 minutes ago, Unhit said:

No clue about the absolute strengths, and I doubt it will be made explicit in the show. I expect Jon to have the Mormonts behind him, and I do expect him to join with the Manderlys, who I see as openly opposing the Boltons now, with the Umbers turning cloak during the battle (I've argued in more detail why I think this is plausible - albeit risky - in the Umbers thread in this subforum).

So it will be: Jon/Wildlings + Mormont + Manderly vs. Boltons + Karstarks + Umbers turning into Jon/Wildlings + Mormont + Manderly + Umber vs. Boltons + Karstarks and then a sound victory for Jon's side greatly outnumbering the other.

Whether and how the Vale features into this - no clue. I guess we may know more next week. Yes, Littlefinger was seen in a snowy forest in the Riverlands - but that could be the first signs of Winter there, could it not?

Umbers are clearly with the Boltons. They would never fight with wildlings. Manderly might be siding with Jon and co, because someone has to be the turncloak.

Wildlings are 5000 but not all f them can fight, Let's 3000-3500 can, smaller houses Cerwyn, Mormont, Hornwood maybe Glover. Can make good 5000 maybe. Vale is neutral, they just care for Sansa.

Pretty sure Jon and co will get their ass kicked by Ramsay and be saved by Vale.

Since this series likes to "save" a group at the last second I would say its all but guaranteed that the Vale knights ride in at the last second to help. Think Battle of Black water when Tywin rides in, Mance and the Wildlings in the North when Stannis and Co ride in. I would much rather this not be a last second save but feel that it will be.

1 hour ago, Darkstar112 said:

a guy on reddit who worked on the show has revealed exactly how the battle will happen and its results.

all his other episode comments were true so far.

are we spoiler free on here?

Can you link me to that? 

I was in another forum when this first appeared(WotW). In the comments someone joined and said he was also on that set. He said that a couple things in that post were fake, so even if almost all of it is probably right, a couple of things might end differently in the show.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, wasn't paying attention and quoted myself instead of editing the post.

2 minutes ago, Xcorpyo001 said:

Edit: I was in another forum when this first appeared(WotW). In the comments someone joined and said he was also on that set. He said that a couple things in that post were fake, so even if almost all of it is probably right, a couple of things might end differently in the show.

I also wonder if some of this isn't purposeful misdirection by HBO. I wouldn't put it past them to leak fake things to be mixed in with the real leaks.

1 minute ago, mattnj81 said:

I also wonder if some of this isn't purposeful misdirection by HBO. I wouldn't put it past them to leak fake things to be mixed in with the real leaks.

Don't know, it might have been. All I know is that is was deleted very fast, we were lucky someone made a printscreen. 

And Sue the Fury, the owner(?!?) of that site(WotW) declined to comment on it, although she was very vocal about other earlier leaks, and the older guys on that site saw it as a ackowlegment of sorts. 

I was hoping events during the first episodes would eliminate some of those statements, but lo an behold, Ramsay gets Rickon in episode three. I almost cried. Almost.

19 minutes ago, Xcorpyo001 said:

Don't know, it might have been. All I know is that is was deleted very fast, we were lucky someone made a printscreen. 

And Sue the Fury, the owner(?!?) of that site(WotW) declined to comment on it, although she was very vocal about other earlier leaks, and the older guys on that site saw it as a ackowlegment of sorts. 

I was hoping events during the first episodes would eliminate some of those statements, but lo an behold, Ramsay gets Rickon in episode three. I almost cried. Almost.

Yea I was pissed about it too. I think Rickon is toast, but perhaps the surprise is that he will make it. Of course, they need some big deaths and he may be one of them. I think LF is gonna die at Sansa's command personally, so that would be one. There's no way the events in the north are going to be resolved without further attrition.

Either way, I'm seriously annoyed with D&D doing Shaggydog the way they did. 

3 hours ago, Chett said:

Well, obviously Jon/Sansa are going to win and reclaim Winterfell one way or the other, the only question is whether they will be bailed out by Vale forces along the way and how many losses they will sustain.

The wolves will return to Winterfell. Jojen green dreamed it. Green dreams are never wrong.

Just now, the tower of albion said:

The wolves will return to Winterfell. Jojen green dreamed it. Green dreams are never wrong.

That's not in the show, though.  No one ever said the wolves will come again in the show.

Though yes, it's obvious that Jon and Sansa will retake WF with the help of LF and the Vale soldiers

No matter who joins who, the show can’t give Jon&Sansa an easy win. It will be bloody, and it will leave the North troops on both sides in shambles.

And I also think the Wall will fall at the end of this season. I really hope they get to burn all the dead bodies before the HK can pull another ‘Come at me bro!’ move. They won’t have enough forces left to fight the WW. Which is probably the point, how else can they be a threat to all the realm if they are entrenched in a battle in the North?  

I only hope enough northern folk survive the WW, so they can start rebuild/repopulate the North once this is over. Otherwise whoever inherits WF will be the lord of rocks and acorns.

I think the wall falling won't happen until next year.

Dany getting ready to sale to Westeros and the battle at Winterfell seems like more than enough for this year.

If they do two mini seasons, then you'd see the wall fall in mini I and the final battle in mini II.

Archived