Grimm 3.0 [SPOILERS]

RedEyedGhost

2 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

?

I don't think that's the case at all.  She clearly was still trying to help Grimms R Us after getting repowered and hated the situation she was forced into.  But she's also obviously a different person with her powers than she was without them, so it's easy to see how she could slip back into old habits (like going back to work for her shady law firm).

I rewatched a boatload of season 1 again on Sunday.  I really enjoy watching them grow.  Poor Wu though, that guy's always been shat upon.

Sorry for not answering when you first asked. I had not recalled which article mentioned this, but after looking on wikipedia here it is: http://tvline.com/2016/04/22/grimm-season-6-reduced-13-episodes/

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

Sorry for not answering when you first asked. I had not recalled which article mentioned this, but after looking on wikipedia here it is: http://tvline.com/2016/04/22/grimm-season-6-reduced-13-episodes/

Boooo.  They're also talking about it not returning until midseason, but they also mention my first hope - that it could easily be expanded to a full order.  The rest of NBC's lineup is pretty much rubbish, so hopefully some of those fail.  I have no idea why they keep adding "Chicago" shows.

• 1 month later...

Your link didn't work for me, but I'm sure this is what it was.  Damn.  I do also hate it when a show hangs on too long, and after last season's finale I don't see any way in which they could get back to the status quo, so hopefully they knew what was happening at least before the back half of the season was in the can.

I was expecting this when they announced the new season will be shorter. Hopefully we will get a satisfying conclusion. What sucks is that we have to wait til January for the final season.

It's been a thoroughly entertaining show. But like someone else mentioned in a different thread, the big networks, and NBC is most especially guilty of this, only care for reality shows and cop procedural shows. That's why Grimm lasted so long in the first place, because it is a procedural. Even when the larger story arcs started coming into the fold, there was still the criminal of the week plot inserted in every episode. 

Wow, that is some shitty news. Obviously it looked pretty likely what with the new season only being 13 episodes, but it still stings a little. I've been watching since day one, and I really hope that they give it a good ending, because it would be a massive bummer for that not to come to pass.

• 4 months later...

Reviving this thread. Grimm starts tonight. Final season:(

I've been watching the last few episodes of the previous season to refresh my memory. I still need to watch the finale.

Considering that the writers haven't been afraid to make the plot more grim;)dark when appropriate, I predict a number of deaths to conclude the show.

Renard most likely - he's gone full villain so I doubt he'll recover

Juliette/Eve very likely - for some reason the writers couldn't bring themselves to keep Juliette dead (I thought her death was well done), but now they should have no compulsion in letting the character survive the end of the season.

Nick, Hank, Wu and Trubel likely

Monroe or Rosalee possible, but I will be extremely saddened. I want to see a mixed Wessen family actually happen.

Adelind or Diana possible, but I doubt it, unless they make Diana into the main villain - the Omen like devil child.

Got damn!  When I moved Xfinity reset my DVR and it dropped all of my saved series, so I'll have to catch tonight's OnDemand. :tantrum: 

I've actually been rewatching season 5 on Amazon Prime and am watching the penultimate episode right now.  What a good end to the season this was.

11 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Got damn!  When I moved Xfinity reset my DVR and it dropped all of my saved series, so I'll have to catch tonight's OnDemand. :tantrum: 

I've actually been rewatching season 5 on Amazon Prime and am watching the penultimate episode right now.  What a good end to the season this was.

And it started right where it left off, and it was quite a roller coaster of an episode. I will not say anymore. 

That was a damn good episode.  The preview for next week/this season makes me think that they'll be able to keep up this level of intensity all season.  They did a great job with everything that I was worried about at the end of last season when they blew up their five seasons of history.  And damn! How about that passion between Nick and Adalind.  Claire Coffee nailed that scene when she told Nick she needed to see him and then their scene together.

28 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

That was a damn good episode.  The preview for next week/this season makes me think that they'll be able to keep up this level of intensity all season.  They did a great job with everything that I was worried about at the end of last season when they blew up their five seasons of history.  And damn! How about that passion between Nick and Adalind.  Claire Coffee nailed that scene when she told Nick she needed to see him and then their scene together.

Yeah, this reminded me of Harry Potter a bit, on how at the end of book 6 the status quo was just thrashed, and book 7 had to happen in a different medium. 

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 2 was very good too.  Loved how they set us up to thinking that they might just return to the status quo, and then made things even nuttier with Hank and Wu saying they'll resign from the force!  Will they actually do that??  How much longer will Reynard be Captain before stepping down to take on Mayoral  duties? 

Did anybody else think that Kelly had way too big of teeth for his age?  That was creepy, but I loved how uncomfortable Monroe was with Diana.  Gold, Jerry, gold!

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:20 PM, Corvinus said:

Yeah, this reminded me of Harry Potter a bit, on how at the end of book 6 the status quo was just thrashed, and book 7 had to happen in a different medium. 

Didn't know that.  I'm one of the few people that has never read or seen any Harry Potter.  I have added the first movie to my Netflix queue and will probably get to it in the next week or two.

23 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Episode 2 was very good too.  Loved how they set us up to thinking that they might just return to the status quo, and then made things even nuttier with Hank and Wu saying they'll resign from the force!  Will they actually do that??  How much longer will Reynard be Captain before stepping down to take on Mayoral  duties? 

Did anybody else think that Kelly had way too big of teeth for his age?  That was creepy, but I loved how uncomfortable Monroe was with Diana.  Gold, Jerry, gold!

Didn't know that.  I'm one of the few people that has never read or seen any Harry Potter.  I have added the first movie to my Netflix queue and will probably get to it in the next week or two.

I enjoyed ep. 2 as well. I liked the move that Hank and Wu pulled, even if one would question them arresting their boss without first issuing a warrant. But it was a brilliant move to get Nick a reprieve. And I liked the twists and turns the episode offered as well. And knowing that this is the last season, they are certainly not milking the truth reveal about the magic stick. I liked that Juliette/Eve is involved with that, since she probably wouldn't have anything else to do this season. Either she is going to die as a result, or she will return to original Juliette. The one thing that bothers me is that they didn't explain how HW transformed Juliette into Eve.

Considering the current plot pacing, I would say that it will end with Renard's inauguration (or failure of that). I hope they keep him as the main villain, and not introduce another big villain so late in the game. They can bring in more Black Claw dudes, but only if they're dispatched in a timely manner.

Not really sure where Trubel's story is going.

• 1 month later...

pfffftt... So, yeah, that episode was not good.  In fact, I've been pretty disappointed with the past four episodes.  After such a strong start to the season, I just don't understand the return to the status quo.  I guess it must be too hard for television writers to shift gears on a dime.  Hank was pretty freaking funny this episode though, and Reynard's reaction to Diana's disappearance after he thought about it for a second was good.  

And how convenient is it that this centuries old relic has a timestamp on it that matches up perfectly with the date of the season finale? :wideeyed:  Serendipity!  But really, I think it's more likely that magic created the date after its rediscovery or because of Nick's use of the stick.  Juliette's vision and the fact that Nick could see it was interesting too.  Hopefully that will make for a good episode next week, and I really hope this week wasn't just a way for them to recreate a Nick-Adalind-Juliette love triangle :rolleyes: 

9 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

pfffftt... So, yeah, that episode was not good.  In fact, I've been pretty disappointed with the past four episodes.  After such a strong start to the season, I just don't understand the return to the status quo.  I guess it must be too hard for television writers to shift gears on a dime.  Hank was pretty freaking funny this episode though, and Reynard's reaction to Diana's disappearance after he thought about it for a second was good.  

And how convenient is it that this centuries old relic has a timestamp on it that matches up perfectly with the date of the season finale? :wideeyed:  Serendipity!  But really, I think it's more likely that magic created the date after its rediscovery or because of Nick's use of the stick.  Juliette's vision and the fact that Nick could see it was interesting too.  Hopefully that will make for a good episode next week, and I really hope this week wasn't just a way for them to recreate a Nick-Adalind-Juliette love triangle :rolleyes: 

I'm OK with such episodes in an episodic TV show during their final season. The episode was highly amusing, especially the Renard & Diana parts. And Grimm being Grimm, we still had one Wessen death, and another one getting the shit kicked out of him. :)

But yeah, I wish they could have kept up the pace of those first episodes. I'm not sure if Black Claw still has a place in this show. They kinda got rid of them with Bonaparte's death, and then followed through with Renard taking out those guys last episode. I am intrigued by the Meisner haunting, but I don't know if that is going anywhere. And Trubel needs to return at some point. I fear that they'll write off the rest of Black Claw by saying that Trubel and the rest of HW took care of them.

I didn't realize that the date on the cloth was coincident with the last episode date. It is serendipity. :P I do remember groaning over how Eve and Rosalie figured out the puzzle, when Eve said that stars don't move.

Now it would be a twist if the stick turns out to be not Christ related, but devil related. 

Victor Shelley :)   Not a bad episode.  Although, I for one missed Adalind.

And yeah, they're definitely working their way back to

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 0:42 AM, RedEyedGhost said:

recreate a Nick-Adalind-Juliette love triangle :rolleyes: 

"Did he say Juliette?"  Yes, Wu, he did say Juliette.

• 4 weeks later...

At first I was like

Wuuuuuu!!!! 

:bawl:

and then three seconds later I was like

Hank!!!! 

:crying:

I did notice on imdb a couple of weeks ago that they were now saying that the finale was next week, so that was good.  Yay, one more episode!  Boo, only one more episode!  Hopefully the finale isn't as devastating as this episode was.

8 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

At first I was like

Hide contents

Wuuuuuu!!!! 

:bawl:

and then three seconds later I was like

Hide contents

Hank!!!! 

:crying:

I did notice on imdb a couple of weeks ago that they were now saying that the finale was next week, so that was good.  Yay, one more episode!  Boo, only one more episode!  Hopefully the finale isn't as devastating as this episode was.

I felt the same way. I hate it when beloved characters die, but love it if done right. And if you think next episode won't be even more grim :D, you haven't been paying attention. As long as Monroe and Rosalie make it, I'll be okay.

5 hours ago, Corvinus said:

I felt the same way. I hate it when beloved characters die, but love it if done right. And if you think next episode won't be even more grim :D, you haven't been paying attention. As long as Monroe and Rosalie make it, I'll be okay.

:agree: 

I get the feeling that Nick isn't going to make it, after he finally told Adalind he loved her.

Archived