MMA & Boxing 18: "I'm The World Champion!"

Davrum

8 hours ago, Davrum said:

Sure, but their bff Dana is still right int he middle of it.

Yeah, but he owned around 9% of the UFC before it was sold. So he pocketed over 300 million and is still being kept on in some role. Reportedly he will serve as a commissioner of sorts, with a fat paycheck of course.

16 hours ago, polishgenius said:

The new owners presumably new that the introduction of USADA testing meant this was going to happen a lot over the coming months or so. It'll help them in the long run if they stick at it and they're presumably banking on that too.

Right. I'm not one of the skeptics about this. It's actually surprising to me how there's a lot of negativity around these guys popping. 

If there's any "fuck it up and run" move Lorenzo and co. did it was taking away sponsorships, selling and fucking off.

Damn. It's a bad time for champs. 

Woodley was being mocked but he stuck by his guns and waited for his shot and made it count.

So Woodley/Wonderboy, Maia/Lawler? 

(Condit and Rory might benefit from Lawler going away)

12 minutes ago, KiDisaster said:

Supposedly Woodley is calling out Nick Diaz for 202. Weird. 

Nick already said he wouldn't fight on the same card as Nate anyway. 

No. Woodley should count himself lucky his gambit paid off and he got a fight, not calling out someone with a suspension and a losing record. 

But, I guess with the ridiculous Bisping fight every champ thinks they can pick and choose. 

He should fight Wonderboy, end of. Then the winner of Condit/Maia, or the winner of that vs. Lawler. 

On 7/31/2016 at 6:30 AM, KiDisaster said:

Was really hoping for another 5 round war out of Robbie. 

I feel this is some justice also because he should have lost the Condit fight in January already.

Definitely felt Condit was the better man that day and Lawler looked vulnerable already. This just confirms it.

Another division wide open.

Woodley was in superb shape btw.

3 hours ago, Calibandar said:

I feel this is some justice also because he should have lost the Condit fight in January already.

I thought so too, but I gotta root for Lawler anyway cause he's a local boy :P I work in Coconut Creek. 

• 2 weeks later...

I love Lawler too, but he didn't even really beat Hendricks, so he was on borrowed time even before the gift against Condit.

Speaking of Robbie, just scoped out this interesting thread on Sherdog in which the USADA testing data is regularly updated in the first post of the thread. The most tested fighters include Holly, Conor, RDA, Aldo, Anderson, Vitor and The Ruthless One.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ufc-usada-testing-numbers-and-summaries-updated-10th-august.3150415/

Add me to the list that thinks Condit should have won against Robbie. I get why Woodley would rather fight Diaz or GSP. The Diaz bros are pretty big draws and the return of GSP is guaranteed money for whoever he fights in his return. Plus, one guy hasn't fought in 3 years and the other hasn't won in 4 years and has only had 3 fights during that period. I don't really see how Woodley is in any position to be making demands on who he fights though. Dana just announced that Thompson is next. Woodley put out a tweet that he never agreed and wants to fight GSP or Nick. Dana needs to put his foot down. Wonderboy is the fight and I seriously can't see Woodley beating him.

Archived