MMA & Boxing 18: "I'm The World Champion!"

Davrum

Makes the most sense. Risking him against Aldo before letting him go for the 155 belt doesn't make much sense.

The main question was over how banged up was he was when he limped out of the Octagon after the Nate rematch, but all reports I've heard suggest it was just bad bruising.

Cleveland really laid down the challenge for the Manchester Arena in terms of atmosphere. Several experienced journalists have said UFC-203 had the loudest crowd they'd ever heard.

I'm fairly sure Bisping is not quite as beloved in his home town as Stipe is in his, but it's going to be interesting to see the response on October 8th.

So read this morning that UFC 205 will have:

McGregor vs Alvarez

Woodley vs Thompson

Weidman vs Romero

Edgar vs Stephens

Cerrone vs Gastelum

That would be an awesome line-up. McGregor vs Alvarez should be amazing and very interesting feature.

Weidman back in the ring. Can Woodley repeat his performance vs Lawler? Edgar vs Stephens a great pairing IMO.

I watched that match and as always it just doesn't seem fair.

I don't enjoy watching to much, it feels like a guy beating up a girl.

I mean, Lansberg did not do, or was not able to do, anything. She was in there as a rag doll for Cyborg. Pushed around, beaten up, she was way stronger and did whatever she wanted. It could have finished earlier still.

I don't think Ronda would stand half a chance against her either, I know that matchup was talked about back in the days when Rousey fought but having seen Cyborg a few times, the only way she would get real competition is to move her to the men's division. At a push, maybe Holly Holm because she's taller and a good striker.

Anyway, still waiting on firm news on UFC205, especially regarding McGregor.

I had the same feeling with the Cyborg fight, seemed like a man beating a woman. Don't know of any woman who looks that sharp in striking and that violent.

Hearing Conor is not in 205, injured foot? Even without his fight 205 is stacked.

20 hours ago, dbunting said:

I had the same feeling with the Cyborg fight, seemed like a man beating a woman. Don't know of any woman who looks that sharp in striking and that violent.

What her fight Jorina Baars in kickboxing and get outclassed. Was still a good fight and she gave a good account of herself though.

21 hours ago, Calibandar said:

I don't think Ronda would stand half a chance against her either,

Cyborg loves the clinch, Ronda loves the clinch and except she's got a Judo olympic medal. I wouldn't say that I know what would happen, but I certainly wouldn't write Ronda off. 

It should be noted that Cyborg's division is shit even by WMMA's standards. Is Cyborg super fucking strong? Sure. But she's in the weakest division possible. It's why she cuts down. Peggy Morgan is Top 10 with a 4-4 record. It's insane. 

The good fighters are in WBW and staying there, and desperate relative underdogs are the ones taking the fight.No shit she looks like a god. 

Michael Johnson fighting Khabib, maybe as a reward for using Khabib as a boogeyman/bargaining chip against Eddie.

Frankly...good. Khabib is the biggest unanswered question in the division. Beat Dos Anjos, great wrestler, not as good a striker and almost no big wins since RDA. This might help us figure out where he stands. 

Also: Aldo asking to be cut, on the logic that the UFC is clearly incapable of fulfilling their promises to give him a title shot or the vacated belt after he beat Edgar.

He's a bit emotional but he's not wrong. Dana has contradicted himself on every statement that would have held Conor in check after the Diaz fight. Conor coming out in the recent 205 conference to state that he simply doesn't want to fight Aldo, and would have fought Edgar if he'd won...

Bullshit but it's done I guess.

This is insane. That's a better line-up than at UFC 200. And again I see the problem that Fox will only show the 5 main fights that are designated main card.

Lightweight    Eddie Alvarez (c)    vs.    Conor McGregor               
Welterweight    Tyron Woodley (c)    vs.    Stephen Thompson               
Women's Strawweight    Joanna Jędrzejczyk (c)    vs.    Karolina Kowalkiewicz               
Middleweight    Chris Weidman    vs.    Yoel Romero                
Welterweight    Donald Cerrone    vs.    Kelvin Gastelum  

Lightweight    Khabib Nurmagomedov    vs.    Michael Johnson                
Featherweight    Frankie Edgar    vs.    Jeremy Stephens                
Middleweight    Tim Kennedy    vs.    Rashad Evans                
Women's Bantamweight    Miesha Tate    vs.    Raquel Pennington                
Middleweight    Tim Boetsch    vs.    Rafael Natal                
Lightweight    Jim Miller    vs.    Thiago Alves                
Welterweight    Lyman Good    vs.    Belal Muhammad                
Women's Bantamweight    Liz Carmouche    vs.    Katlyn Chookagian

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_205

That would mean Edgar vs Stephens and Khabib and Miesha Tate need to be sought out through other means.

Surprised tate is that deep on the card btw, that's a bit absurd. Same for Khabib and Edgar.

6 hours ago, Calibandar said:

This is insane. That's a better line-up than at UFC 200. And again I see the problem that Fox will only show the 5 main fights that are designated main card.

Lightweight    Eddie Alvarez (c)    vs.    Conor McGregor               
Welterweight    Tyron Woodley (c)    vs.    Stephen Thompson               
Women's Strawweight    Joanna Jędrzejczyk (c)    vs.    Karolina Kowalkiewicz               
Middleweight    Chris Weidman    vs.    Yoel Romero                
Welterweight    Donald Cerrone    vs.    Kelvin Gastelum  

Lightweight    Khabib Nurmagomedov    vs.    Michael Johnson                
Featherweight    Frankie Edgar    vs.    Jeremy Stephens                
Middleweight    Tim Kennedy    vs.    Rashad Evans                
Women's Bantamweight    Miesha Tate    vs.    Raquel Pennington                
Middleweight    Tim Boetsch    vs.    Rafael Natal                
Lightweight    Jim Miller    vs.    Thiago Alves                
Welterweight    Lyman Good    vs.    Belal Muhammad                
Women's Bantamweight    Liz Carmouche    vs.    Katlyn Chookagian

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_205

That would mean Edgar vs Stephens and Khabib and Miesha Tate need to be sought out through other means.

Surprised tate is that deep on the card btw, that's a bit absurd. Same for Khabib and Edgar.

I don't understand, UFC 205 PPV card is in bold right? The others should be free prelims on FOX right?

Archived