MMA & Boxing 18: "I'm The World Champion!"

Davrum

12 minutes ago, KiDisaster said:

I was disappointed by the Hall loss, though not surprised. Not enough Jamaicans in the UFC. I want him to be a killer dammit. :P

Hall is that kid  everyone always says can be a great but then he can never put it together.

I don't know what it is. Maybe it's a mental thing (or just the level of competition that he looked so good against was lower), but he's always been disappointing. 

2 hours ago, Castel said:

Hall is that kid  everyone always says can be a great but then he can never put it together.

I don't know what it is. Maybe it's a mental thing (or just the level of competition that he looked so good against was lower), but he's always been disappointing. 

I dunno, but it's a real shame. Some of his KOs are scary brutal. 

Oh well, we've got this up and comer Randy Brown who's 2-1 in UFC now (8-1 overall) with a fight coming up. There's hope for us yet! 

Also there's that one Polish/German fighter who decided to represent Jamaica now so we've got three :lol: 

Speaking of Jamaican fighters, Walters fighting Lomachenko this weekend in the boxing. Very excited for that.

Controversy in the Ward/Kovalev decision (I thought it was a tight enough fight that Ward winning is fine, even if I see why people saw it the other way), but I thought it was a really good fight.

I feel pretty confident in saying that Mousasi is better than Bisping. And Weidman.

He's been excellent in a whole string of fights I have seen him in. Very diverse, very capable. He should fight the winner of Romero/Bisping.

2 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Controversy in the Ward/Kovalev decision (I thought it was a tight enough fight that Ward winning is fine, even if I see why people saw it the other way), but I thought it was a really good fight.

I had to work that night so I missed it, but my buddies thought Kovalev clearly won. But they also said it was close enough where there shouldn't be some big controversy. I'm looking forward to watching a replay of it.

4 hours ago, Calibandar said:

Fucking Daniel Cormier. Injured himself yet again just before the fight, UFC 206 beheaded.

Rumor has it it's going to be Holloway and Pettis for an interim belt for the main event, implying that likely Conor (or Aldo I guess) is getting stripped.

3 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

If they strip Aldo before Conor I'm going to be pissed. 

It's official: Conor's stripped. I guess they needed a title fight for 206 with Cormier pulling out and they just had Conor take one for the team and not hold up the belt while he negotiated.

19 hours ago, Castel said:

It's official: Conor's stripped. I guess they needed a title fight for 206 with Cormier pulling out and they just had Conor take one for the team and not hold up the belt while he negotiated.

Good. Cool as it was to see him get two belts this really should have happened months ago. 

Having Pettis & Holloway fight for an interim belt now is pointless but yeah I guess they need a title fight even if it's completely contrived. 

1 hour ago, Calibandar said:

Holloway will beat Pettis and then fight Aldo. That will be a fight I very much look forward to, in the first few months of 2017.

Don't know who I would bet on in that fight. Pettis has shown some serious problems getting his fucking back away from the cage but I don't know that Holloway is the guy to exploit that.

He's still a pretty dangerous striker and showed his work on the ground against Oliveira. 

It would also be hilarious if he wins and Max's streak amounted to nothing. I know, that's mean and all but...it kinda would be.

Was watching a video of Khabib vs Michael Johnson here

And it really makes me wonder how he would stand up to McGregor. McGregor had such a hard time already with Mendes, and surely Khabib is better and stronger. If he floors him, Conor is in for a world of pain and I think he knows this a fight that would dim his star. On the other hand, has Khabib fought a striker as good as Conor?

A fight against Ferguson would probably be more attractive from a visual standpoint. I'd be very happy with either choice.

23 hours ago, dbunting said:

That was a  bloody night of fights. Had to root for Andrew Holbrook since he is from my hometown and a friend of my nephew. I prefer a striker but will root for him every time.

Brunson nearly had Whittaker there with that flurry of blows. But at some point while barreling forward he ran into a left hand, and that changed the whole course of the fight.

You mean: the same discussion and rampant speculation we suddenly  (mysteriously) get any time Conor isn't fighting in a few months or he has some sort of issue with the UFC? Yeah, for sure.

It's actually amazingly consistent.

Everything he says is about him. The way he talks about the hit and run, everything is from the perspective of what it meant for his own life. "Oh thank god her baby was alright or they would have blamed me. I'm glad she was OK because it would have been so much worse for me." And the way he talks about himself as a role model because he "went through this terrible hit and run situation and had everything taken from him." No asshole, you didn't "go through" shit. You DID that. He still can't take full responsibility.

People like that really piss me off. 

Archived