MMA & Boxing 18: "I'm The World Champion!"

Davrum

26 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

Is there something about Perry that makes you guys dislike him, maybe something he did or said?

Cheesy, meathead shit like: 

Of course people took the  video and turned it into an ironic joke, to the point that some people got sick of it. A minor dumb moment became a meme like nails on a chalkboard. The more he loses the less you have to hear it.

I believe his corner was caught saying racist shit during the fight, which didn't help his image.

32 minutes ago, Castel said:

So...Cyborg popped. That's a thing now. There's always something.

Dana also pointing out that he offered her a fight on 11 weeks notice and she wouldn't take it and not-so-subtly hinting that this was the reason why. 

Was bound to happen sooner or later I guess.

2 hours ago, Castel said:

So...Cyborg popped. That's a thing now. There's always something.

Dana also pointing out that he offered her a fight on 11 weeks notice and she wouldn't take it and not-so-subtly hinting that this was the reason why. 

I'm sure if Rousey wins, she'll obviously say she was intending to fight Cyborg next since this conveniently makes that fight impossible in the near future, if ever.

59 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

I'm sure if Rousey wins, she'll obviously say she was intending to fight Cyborg next since this conveniently makes that fight impossible in the near future, if ever.

Which  would be fair, given that this is what happened last time too. That and Cyborg drastically over-estimating her negotiating position. 

Watched UFC 206 this weekend and damn that was an entertaining card. I had no idea who won anything so I watched it as if it was live and holy shit every fight was excellent.

Cyborg, yeah, who here will be surprised if it's a positive hit? Anyone who has seen her has probably thought steroids of some type were being used. I have only seen like two of her fights and I swear it looked like a man against a little kid in the ring. 

Yeah and I don't enjoy watching her at work at all. It doesn't seem right.

To now add to that that she's that way because she dopes up, bleh.

Which fight are you guys most interested in seeing this weekend?

For me it's Cruz vs Garbrandt and Velasquez vs Werdum. 

14 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

Then I've got some bad news for you. That one got canceled. 

I'm mostly looking forward Cruz vs Garbrandt as well. 

Fucking hell. Can there be one UFC main event where guys are not pulling out?

Seems like 2016 has seen a constant flow of withdrawals for main fights, one disappointment after another.

Garbrandt looked incredible in that fight. All the taunting and shit was silly though. If he had lost the fight after deciding not to follow up on those two knock downs it would have been pretty funny. 

Giving his belt to the kid was really cool. 

I'm torn on the headline fight. I really like Nunes but Ronda winning means a potential huge fight with Holly. 

6 minutes ago, KiDisaster said:

Whelp, I don't know what I expected but it wasn't that. 

Ronda looked broken after the first punch. 

It was legitimately sad, and that's hard to say about a millionaire world-beater like Ronda. 

32 minutes ago, KiDisaster said:

Garbrandt looked incredible in that fight. All the taunting and shit was silly though. If he had lost the fight after deciding not to follow up on those two knock downs it would have been pretty funny.

I enjoy that sort of taunting and showboating. Very Diaz brothers. Really liked his performance all round.

I was embarrassed for Rousey there. Tarverdyan should be arrested for the results his coaching gets.

I would really like to see her go to a real camp and make another run at it. Not another title shot right away of course. 

I don't see it happening though. If that first lost had her almost retiring I can't imagine she's going to want to come back after getting embarrassed like that. Very sad. 

TJ vs Garbrandt though. Let's goooo. 

Archived