I can totally see how the Dosh Khaleen would get behind Dany. The elder Khaleesi already saw something special in herDany. I'm sure they are thrilled to be released from their own captivity, especially after being treated like chattel for most of their lives. Girl power!

Gets incredibly excited about a GOT episode with a Stark meeting and Danerys burning all the Khals and claiming the entire Dokrathi nation for herself.

Looks for a fan site filled with fans to share the joy

Enters Westeros.org by mistake

Sorry guys, I'll let you moan and whine about how aweful this awesome episode was. Just in case, does any of you know any ASOIAF/GOT fan site?

4 minutes ago, Ross2013 said:

And James Hibberd addresses the firepoof question: 

It’s long been assumed Dany is fireproof through some magical Targaryen bond with her dragons. We saw in the pilot that she walks into a scalding bath, and later declares, “He was no dragon; fire cannot kill a dragon,” after her brother perishes, and eventually emerges Unburnt from her dragons’ birth. (In George R.R. Martin’s novels, however, Dany’s fire-immunity was apparently a one-time thing, the author has suggested.) In a way, being fireproof has been Dany’s covert superpower since the show launched. 

Any chance the dothrakis will betray Daenerys at one point? It's been said she will suffer three treasons: gold, blood, love. (Was this treason thing mentioned in the show btw?)

I was pretty sure that Jon was going to rise from his funeral pyre because of the prophecy that AA will be born in salt (i.e. Dragonstone) and smoke. Then he wasn't. But a couple of episodes later we have Danny doing a repeat of her unburnt thing.

In the books the Dothraki just discover Danny with the dragon. And there is absolutely no doubt which way that fight is going to end if anyone wants to push it to a fight which I rather doubt.

Looks to me like D&D decided that the rising from the pyre bit would be a little much for the TV audience and gave that to Danny instead. Meanwhile not killing Mel off creates tension with Brienne and soon Davos. So maybe the witch does end up on Jon's funeral pyre and death pays for life in the books.

I though it a very good episode. For folk to complain about how many times someone is fireproof having already accepted they can do the trick once is ridiculous.

Everyone knew she was going to get the Dothraki. Some of us just expected it'd be a bit harder than just walking around calmly and knocking over braziers while no one stops her.. And Jorah and Daario just strolling into Vaes Dothrak a la Jaime and Bronn last season...

38 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

I can't believe that Cersei is behaving so intelligently.  I guess this is the week where the ladies show how much superior they are to the men, all over Westeros and Essos...Couldn't believe they turned Loras into a pathetic weakling for Margaery to comfort.

Season 6 Jaime is irrational, just like book Cersei is supposed to be. What's the point to his arc without his continued redemption?

I saw Dany pushing each pyre to the floor and just thought that it seemed like a cheaper way of demonstrating her magical powers rather than having to make Drogon or even a Vis/Rhagal appearance with CGI. I could have sworn this was going to be an "oh shit, dragon!" appearance to make the Dothraki kneel before her. I thought that would have been better.

13 minutes ago, Pies are coming said:

Gets incredibly excited about a GOT episode with a Stark meeting and Danerys burning all the Khals and claiming the entire Dokrathi nation for herself.

Sorry guys, I'll let you moan and whine about how aweful this awesome episode was. Just in case, does any of you know any ASOIAF/GOT fan site?

Incredibly well said, sir.

13 minutes ago, Pies are coming said:

Sigh...I feel you on this one.  I have sunken to lurking on reddit/game of thrones when the hate takes over here.

3 minutes ago, tmug said:

I saw Dany pushing each pyre to the floor and just thought that it seemed like a cheaper way of demonstrating her magical powers rather than having to make Drogon or even a Vis/Rhagal appearance with CGI. I could have sworn this was going to be an "oh shit, dragon!" appearance to make the Dothraki kneel before her. I thought that would have been better.

I think literally everybody and their mother predicted the dragon save. And that's why this scene worked. It wasn't the obvious thing. And it made Dany save herself and showed that she was more than just a girl with magic monsters.