13 hours ago, xi0 said:

But the notion that the longest living anti-Melisandre character in the books, Davos, would be the one to coax her into "helping" Jon, and calling what she does "miracles" is just bizarre to me.

Sometimes, when I'm having trouble getting out of bed to go to work, I imagine Davos Seaworth standing next to my nightstand, giving one of his amazing speeches and telling me how much I'm going to kick ass at work that day.

The man is seriously the best life-coach Westeros has to offer.

16 hours ago, The Arthur Smith said:

If you want to go to a pace where there isn't much bitching and winning, there's Under the Heart Tree Free Forum. That place has better moderators as the allowed for Unsuillied watchers to enjoy the show without angry purists shoving their assertions down to their throat and wanted positivity around the forum. Plus unlike this website, that forum refused to have a R&R thread.

Yeah, but allowing huge gifs in peoples' signatures really ruins Under the Heart Tree for me.  It's incredibly distracting and annoying when scrolling through threads, at least to me.  Comments sections under articles in Watchers on the Wall are pretty good, too.  Not exactly a forum structure, though.

Westeros.org is an absolutely miserable place to talk about GoT.  The book section of the website is good, but the show section is utter garbage.

50 minutes ago, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

Westeros.org is an absolutely miserable place to talk about GoT.  The book section of the website is good, but the show section is utter garbage.

You are right about this.

That said, I only replied to thank you for making me smile this Friday afternoon with your forum name, and for reminding me of 'lazy' summer afternoons from before I was forced to be a responsible adult B)

1 hour ago, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

Yeah, but allowing huge gifs in peoples' signatures really ruins Under the Heart Tree for me.  It's incredibly distracting and annoying when scrolling through threads, at least to me.  Comments sections under articles in Watchers on the Wall are pretty good, too.  Not exactly a forum structure, though.

Yeah, but the gifs on the Under the Heart Tree is what make the forum great imo. I mean c'mon, here you are unable to post gifs and pictures other than the boring emojis were given.

But hey, would you rather be miserable here than be annoy at Under the Heart Tree forum. Cause I'm on the verge of abandoning this place.

51 minutes ago, FacelessManOf TheShire said:

You are right about this.

That said, I only replied to thank you for making me smile this Friday afternoon with your forum name, and for reminding me of 'lazy' summer afternoons from before I was forced to be a responsible adult B)

Glad to make you smile!  Although truth be told, I'm kind of embarrassed about the name now, since I quit cold turkey about 7 months ago! :)

On May 20, 2016 at 2:57 AM, FacelessManOf TheShire said:

I watched a show once. Didn't like it. Stopped watching it and never gave it a second thought. I didn't feel the need to find a forum each week just so I could go and talk down on all the fans of the show and bask in my own superiority.

I used to enjoy the 'rant and rave thread' despite being a fan of the series. There used to be some good points, well put and added a nice balance to the universal praise.

Now it's just full of smug, self-important, director/writer/choregorahper wannabees with a 2:2 in film studies who apparently have nothing better to do than insult the intelligence of those who visit this site who actually appreciate both mediums of this story equally.

Thankfully, it does appear to be on the wane this season. Perhaps those who threatened to quit the show actually did this time.

Was an awsome episode though right? :0) I am massivly digging this season. I enjoyed S5 but could appreciate peoples frustrations with the pacing of it until the final run-in. S6 has just been one huge moment after another.

Agree.

I finally decided to make use of the Ignore function. I've been much happier.

I mostly enjoyed this episode, it had some cool and entertaining moments for me, and also some snooze-inducing ones. 

Castle Black was well-done. I certainly did not expect this opening scene to make my eyes well with tears but when Sansa and Jon were approaching each other, I certainly did. I have a huge problem with their lack of proper pacing and build-up on the show nowadays compared to seasons past. But this scene was done well. They made me wait for the hug, they made me want the hug, instead of just giving it. Also like always, the fabulous musical themes probably did a whole lot to make me feel the scene emotionally, the soundtrack is a huge reason I think the show works as well as it does. Re-watch all the big and meaningful scenes from this series and tell me that the music doesn't totally make the scene! 

Unfortunately, apart from that scene, I still think the show is messed up in regards to pacing. King's Landing stuff? Too drawn out, not interesting enough. Ramsay killing Osha scene? Dany burning the place down and getting the Khalasars? Very interesting, but not enough build-up or earned significance. How about cutting down on the High Sparrows pointless speeches and the pointlessness of the Small Council "drama", and add some more build-up to the scenes that they really want us to emotionally react to? 

Dany's big scene.. I had mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I really loved that they surprised me. When she was talking about how she was prophesied to birth the Stallion That Mounts the World, I thought she would say something like "I did birth the Stallion!" and then Drogon would come smashing in from the sky and that's how she would win them over. I expected the predictable outcome, and I was kinda upset that I didn't think Dany would be saving herself with her own charisma. But they surprised me, and did have her save herself. It ended with a magnificent visual, as well. The downside was - while I was being surprised and impressed, I also felt it was a tad cheesy. That's also a feeling I had last season when she rode Drogon. I had that mixture of excitement at a big scene, but also felt it was cheesy, which took me out of the moment. All of Dany's previous "big moments" left me feeling impressed and emotional, but their rushed interpretations of things nowadays don't give me that same feeling. 

I'm not sure what's happening in regards to King's Landing lately, but I just really couldn't care less. I found myself thinking of chores and such I had to do during both the High Sparrows ramblings (I can't for the life of me remember what he said, something about shoes at one point), and also during Cersei talking, totally spaced out. I used to listen to Cersei speak with such tension and dread, the actress used to captivate me with the way she spoke, but the content was so boring, not even she could hold my attention during it. I found myself more interested in how Tyrion, Grey and Miss were working in Meereen, which is pretty bad that they were more interesting than KL, haha. 

Although I enjoy this show immensely, I think my watching is kind of spoiled by having seen previous seasons and there being a drop in quality. The quality of this show is still much higher than many other shows, but just remembering how well the pacing, directing and dialogue was in previous seasons, makes the quality drop bothersome and noticeable. I'm trying to just accept it, because I know they are consciously trying to kill off people quick to wrap up storylines, but it's clashing with how I experienced earlier seasons, feels like a different show entirely. :/ 

I'll miss Osha, it feels such a shame to have the actress finally back, only to kill her off two scenes later. Especially when GRRM apparently has a bigger role for her in his upcoming books. Superhuman Ramsay killing another person was just repetitive feeling, it's not shocking anymore, I tend to just sigh in disappointment that something more unique doesn't happen. 

Iron Islands I thought was well-acted. Wasn't too remarkable but not bad. 

Loved Tormund, more please. 

Love the stronger Sansa, I hope she stays that way, and doesn't end up someone's victim again, I want to see her inspiring a war herself. And I want to see a proper response towards LF when he shows up.