[Poll] How would you rate episode 604?

Ran

How would you rate episode 604?  

524 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I really liked this episode. It was nice to see a Stark reunion after so long and the scene was done very well. I remember in AFFC that Sansa said she would love to see Jon again and the reunion went about as I thought it would in the books. Probably my favorite moment of the episode

Also, Daenerys finally got the Dothrathi back on her side. Guess she's gonna use them to secure Mereen. I'm still not feeling Kings Landing. It feels like the storyline there is just filler till Dany finally invades

15 minutes ago, darksellsword said:

When I said it was completely unrelated I meant that to suggest because George made them close in what was published means they will get together is a big leap.It is my opinion that he altered his idea to have a romance between Jon and one of the Stark girls because he didn't want to draw parallels between that relationship and Cersei and JaIme . I don't recall in the tv show there ever being a suggestion that Sansa was particular cold or unloving towards Jon but in this episode they seem to have gone out of their way to establish that, in the game of thrones book the fact that Sansa and Jon weren't close always jumped out at me.It had all the hallmarks of a fairytale, I could be entirely wrong about the whole thing of course.

LMAO. There already are parallels between the Jon/Arya relationship and the Jaime/Cersei relationship though? Both pairs of siblings have the same hair and eye color. Jaime and Cersei are twins and Jon and Arya are the only two who have the stark look. Both Jon and Jaime recieve letters about their sisters in trouble, the pink letter and letter from KL. They also both have injured sword hands (Jon's was burned and Jaime's was but off). Compare these two quotes:

As he rode, Jon peeled off his glove to air his burned fingers. Ugly things. He remembered suddenly how he used to muss Arya's hair. - Jon (ACOK)

He looked at his stump and grimaced. I must do something about that. If the late Ser Jacelyn Bywater could wear an iron hand, he should have a gold one. Cersei might like that. A golden hand to stroke her golden hair, and hold her hard against me. -Jaime (ASOS) 

Jon looks at his burned right hand and thinks of mussing Arya's hair. Jaime looks at his stump and thinks of stroking Cersei's hair. 

Surprised myself by giving this episode a 9, especially since my finger was too fat to hit 8.

There were some well acted reunions and meetings across the board. Even Yara(God, that name) managed to get a decent scene in.

My only real issue is with Osha's death. Not because she died but because the scene was so ridiculous and overdone. Yeah, I get that Ramsay is a cartoon character, but holy cow Iwan, you're a better actor than that... I think.

Oh, so speaking of Yara's name, can she get it back now?

Excluding Hardhome, this was easily the best episode since Season 4.  After a year in the wilderness, it seems as if the show finally has found its way again.  Not a perfect episode by any stretch of the imagination (the scene with Brienne, Davos, and Melisandre was unbearable and I will never excuse their castration of Jaime) but it is definetly a step in the right direction. Here's to cautious optimism and hoping the show can continue the new found momentum through the remainder of the scene.

8/10

Highlights:

+Jon/Sansa reunion, the pink letter, almost all of the Wall stuff

+Dany actually doing something (cheesy as it was)

+Theon and Asha reunion

+The Vale

+No Dorne

Edited by Ser Blake

Always so cheesy with big Dany scenes. The magically spreading plot fire soured me on this episode. I can only.guess Vaes Dothrak suffers from home fires because just bumping a brazier spreads fire 30 feet instantly. Apparently the kerosene-infused flooring was a bad idea. Fire that interior decorator. Pun intended.

Oh, and by the way... surviving the smoke and lack of oxygen has always been more impressive that fire-pervious skin. Girl don't even need to breathe!

Otherwise it was fine and not great. Sansa and Jon had some cheese as well but that's expected. Littlefinger's scene was rushed,

the rest largely forgettable albeit not bad.

In closing, I fully ship Brienne and Tormund. That's such a subtly perfect pairing. I'm all-in.

Edited by Ser Not Appearing

3 minutes ago, Joan Jett said:

LMAO. There already are parallels between the Jon/Arya relationship and the Jaime/Cersei relationship though? Both pairs of siblings have the same hair and eye color. Jaime and Cersei are twins and Jon and Arya are the only two who have the stark look. Both Jon and Jaime recieve letters about their sisters in trouble, the pink letter and letter from KL. They also both have injured sword hands (Jon's was burned and Jaime's was but off). Compare these two quotes:

Jon looks at his burned right hand and thinks of mussing Arya's hair. Jaime looks at his stump and thinks of stroking Cersei's hair. 

Georges Characters in the books are far more layered and the relationships they have with each other are far more intricate, the story in the books is also more expansive. I always took most of Jons musings about Arya as bread crumbs, little clues to help the reader keep in mind how similar Jon, Arya and Lyanna looked nothing more than that.

Awesome.  Best episode of the season.  Glad we got a break from Arya.  Tyrion, Sansa, and Dany were all awesome in the episode.  Jorah and Daario on a rescue mission.  Osha bought the farm.  Overall a good episode.

I thought it was a fantastic episode.

* Jon and Sansa reunion was touching without dwelling on it. Nice that they addressed the fact that they didn't necessarily get along as children, and showed how much they've grown.

* Tyrion as pre-war Abe Lincoln (the real one, willing to compromise to save the Union, not the myth) was excellent.

* Dany is a bad-ass Dragon Queen again. Took long enough. I guess I'm a sucker, but I loved the ending and the call-back to Drogo's funeral pyre. I wish the dragons had shown up to land beside her, but I guess that shit costs money.

* Was worried that Margaery was going to find religion. Pleased that she's still Margaery. Rooting for the Lannisters and Tyrells in King's Landing.

* Didn't get a lot of screen time, mostly set up, but loved the dynamic between Davos, Melisandre and Brienne.

* Speaking of which, I think Tormund has a wildling boner for Brienne. This needs to happen.

* Wow, the narrative logic of the Letter and Jon's leading the wildlings south makes sense in this version of events! And, hey, he actually shows some skepticism of it, unlike in the books, though he has far more corroborating evidence for it this time. Love that Sansa took the lead, has risen harder and stronger after all she's been through. Could be the most interesting character arc in the series when all is said and done (could also die next episode...you never know).

* Love that Theon has the courage to return home and support Yara's claim. Really, I just continue to love his character and I'm glad he continues to have a meaningful part of play in the story.

First "10" of the season for me. Best since "Hardhome," and again, better in terms of pacing and story development than anything in the last two books.

1 hour ago, xjlxking said:

I'm sorry some of the book readers that were hating on Davos are eating their words now. After the storm has somewhat passed, he is asking the question they wanted him to ask. I wonder what excuse they will use next to hate on the show... wait, lets not go there. Last I check, some posters hated an episode because the color of someone's hair was blonde"ish" rather brown.

Yes, he finally asked the question he should have asked 3 episodes ago. You don't see how many people would find this unsatisfactory and a failure for portraying this particular aspect of Davos. Something that should happen in episode 1, or maybe 2 may fail if it isn't shown until episode 4.

I am a book reader who has lost faith that GRRM will ever complete the series, and even if he does at this point I'm not sure I'll bother reading them at all. That makes me a forgiving series fan. I found this episode the best of the season so far and restores my faith that at least someone has an idea of how the song of ice and fire ends, because I'm not so sure the author does anymore.
9/10

10/10 They finally did it right for an entire episode!

The Wall: Brienne got Sansa north to Jon Snow without any scuffs--I was surprised. I was pleased as punch by the scene between Sansa and Jon, though.  Also thrilled to see Sansa's character development. Davos asked what happened to Shireen but didn't get his answer? He's going to rip out Mel's heart when he learns the truth. I love any scene Brienne gets, but that was kind of awkward. Hilarious scene between Brienne and Tormund! All of the acting was done with their eyes, they're incredible.

Iron Islands: I can't believe my eyes filled wth tears for Theon's reunion with Yara! Alfie Allen is an amazing actor, as if everyone didn't know that already.

Meereen: Yay, Tyrion! He has the right idea for now, though I don't know where it's going.

KL: the High Sparrow scenes ARE getting old, they're trying to showcase Jonathan Pryce's acting but I'm not impressed, sorry. I had to remind myself why Cersei would be siding with Queen of Thorns, why exactly doesn't she want Margaery to confess her sins and do her walk of atonement? Because of Cersei's love for Tommen or is she using it as a way to get back at the Faith Militant (her genius plan that backfired!) I think I just answered my own question! :)

Lord Baelish...okay, whatever, it's about damn time you got the Knights of the Vale involved, but sheesh that happened so quickly...

Osha: RIP or maybe we'll see you resurrected as Lady Stoneheart. I know, wishful thinking, I just love her character in the show! I hate to see her go fr good!

Danaerys: people are saying it was cheesy but all I was thinking was, yeah, she's he daughter of the Mad King. I don't get how the fire could spread so quickly, but I don't care, the Khals have been dealt with and now she's got her Dothraki army again.

watcher of the night-

Unfortunately Dany's storyline is utterly predictable:
They will take her to the council to judge her.
Drogon shows up and fries some of the foolhardy khals.
They agree to follow Dany.

Close but no cigar for this prediction. The Drogon-less Dany triumph was a nice twist that noone predicted last week, trust me I have the predictions saved in my notifications.

Another great episode, the whole season has been strong thus far. Over 50% of the votes have rated the episode as an 8 or higher.

Great plot progression, am excited about the direction from every angle with the tables set for some great showdowns at KL, WF, Mereen, and so forth. I will miss Osha, also am thumbs down for any Brienne/Tormund slhipping, I hope that isnt something that is pursued lolol.

Edited by DireWolfSpirit

People who didn't like the last scene are capital H HATERSZZZZ!!!!!! You don't fuck with the Stormborn, the Queen of the Andals, the Mother of Dragons, and the UNBURNT! The Khals didn't know who they were fucking with threatening to gang-rape someone who was actually worlds more powerful than them and they got burned alive for their troubles.

The fact that Daenerys finds the practical way out of a situation looking at the larger consequences rather than trying to be Ned Stark type honorable is one of the best features of her character and why she's the greatest heroine in the history of fiction. Of course she'll burn the Khals alive to save the world with complete confidence that her plan will work as it was destined to. 

Really thought the whole episode was pretty good. Not great, but a vast improvement on the rest of the season. A very strong 8/10, possibly even a weak 9/10.

Edited by iggymcfly