[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

5 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Brienne is reaching St. Tyrion levels of obnoxious.

She's going to get on Davos' case for what exactly?
What did he do that was different than Brienne was doing?
Is Brienne going to do more "justice" without her lady's permission?

I know many don't like her chapters in AFFC, but I really like her! But show-Brienne is downright hateful.

To quote show-Jaime (Larry): Oh why have the gods make me love a hateful woman???

Just now, LulaMae Barnes said:

I know many don't like her chapters in AFFC, but I really like her! But show-Brienne is downright hateful.

I too love book!Brienne and enjoyed her chapters. But, show!Breinne, just awful.

6 minutes ago, Nami said:

I'm in the minority here but AFFC is my second favorite book after AGOT and I love Brienne. She's a sympathetic character in the book, in the show she just annoys me endlessly.

And I love Gwendoline too - I don't understand why they make her into an awful, bloodthirsty Terminator, who either stares at Winterfell futilely, kills random people (and rightful kings), delivers some kind of weird justice or steals Obara Sand's signature facial expression! Muh-Tarths!!! I am annoyed and quite put out! :wacko:

My revision for the last scene:

Dany: I will! (end of her monologue about leading the Khalaar)

Drogon lands in the opening at the top of the yurt. The Khals look with shock.

Dany: Dracary!!

Drogon burns the shit out of the Khal. Everyone looks in fear and bows to Dany.

7 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

And I love Gwendoline too - I don't understand why they make her into an awful, bloodthirsty Terminator, who either stares at Winterfell futilely, kills random people (and rightful kings), delivers some kind of weird justice or steals Obara Sand's signature facial expression! Muh-Tarths!!! I am annoyed and quite put out! :wacko:

:lol:

"Stares at Winterfell futilely"

I really think that D&D are TRYING to disrespect GRRM. 

Having Osha offed like that after GRRM specifically said he was going to increase her role because of the show really smacks of serious disrespect going on.  They had an actress that did a great job in the role they gave her, to the extent she INSPIRES the author of the books they are adapting and the show offs her? Like what?  That makes ZERO sense except as an insult to GRRM

3 minutes ago, Rhaegar the Unworthy said:

I did not for a second understand why Brienne came over to gloat about Stannis' death to Davos

Renly died in season 2. She's serving her second person since his death-- get over it!

At least she had her sword unsheathed in a totally reasonable way, as one does when talking to people. 

1 hour ago, Faint said:

I really feel like Benioff and Weiss basically hinted that Drogon does this in the books in the inside the episode video and then tried selling it off as this being better because Daenerys does it herself. 

Personally, I think they should just admit that they needed to conserve the CGI budget. 

Yep.

On one hand I'm like... yay, theory confirmed... on the other hand I'm like... I'd rather have a dragon appear... Not a major deal breaker but it's inconsistent. If Dany can survive raging flames, why was she afraid of Viserion and Rhaegal?

Moving on to other things... Osha. I expected torture but I didn't expect her to die. Shaggy's death and her death are the only ones that have hurt me so far. As a wildling, why did she need a knife? She couldn't kill him with her bare hands?

Tyrion's plot line is finally picking up pace but I'm afraid Missandei and Grey Worm will be replacing Quentyn. Pls no, DnD. Do not do dis to me.

5 minutes ago, RoamingRonin said:

Yep.

On one hand I'm like... yay, theory confirmed... on the other hand I'm like... I'd rather have a dragon appear... Not a major deal breaker but it's inconsistent. If Dany can survive raging flames, why was she afraid of Viserion and Rhaegal?

Moving on to other things... Osha. I expected torture but I didn't expect her to die. Shaggy's death and her death are the only ones that have hurt me so far. As a wildling, why did she need a knife? She couldn't kill him with her bare hands?

Tyrion's plot line is finally picking up pace but I'm afraid Missandei and Grey Worm will be replacing Quentyn. Pls no, DnD. Do not do dis to me.

I'd love to see Grey Worm go for sure

I am tired and BORED of the recycled dialogue.

Once again we have two characters using the phrase, "just forget it, it's in the past." (Is that a hint for viewers?)

And once again we have back to back usage of the phrase, "the wars to come."

Between four writer's and almost 1.8 million words in the books, they can't come up with better dialogue?

BAB Sansa has to convince poor dumb Jon to take back Winterfell. And I truly hope the morons don't ship Jon and Sansa.

Is Dany using wild fire? How the hell does fire burn that quickly?

50 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

I truly think the showrunners believe that they are making Brienne a Strong Female Character TM, without Book!Brienne's kindness and empathy to weigh down their badass heroine here. Remembwe that Sansa had to be driven by revenge to become strong.  Remember that Doran was weak for not going to war so it was totally empowering for Ellaria to kill him. The only thing that matters is revenge and the only women who deserve a real story are the ones who kill people. In the show, Arya and her spiritual kindred (let's call them the "girls are stupid/not a bloody woman" brigade*) are always valued far more than Sansa, and the notion that there is strength in retaining your compassion and empathy for others is completely alien to this show.

*Especially because these are actually diametrically opposed to what the book characters say - Arya says that the woman is important too and Brienne that women have courage, even if it's not battle courage. I guess that would just be too confusing for the show!

Archived