[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

7 minutes ago, Peter Howie said:

Charlie (Emergency Awesome) on youtube describes it as awesome, like he describes everything that ever happens on the show.  "Best sound track ever" LOL

Is he still around?

Haven't seen any of his stuff since he said Arya was sailing to Braavos to meet Gendry. Because it will be Awesome. Or something. I didn't even finish watching the video.

1 minute ago, Ser Desmond Wine's Bane said:

Is he still around?

Haven't seen any of his stuff since he said Arya was sailing to Braavos to meet Gendry. Because it will be Awesome. Or something. I didn't even finish watching the video.

Everything is awesome and amazing.  

So not only are the Dothraki complete morons militarily (with the riding into pike formations) but these morons apparently made their most important building so flammable that one drunk Dothraki can could easily tip over those fire cauldrons and destroy everything. 

And Dany plans on conquering Westeros with these idiots...

The shit with Khals was so stupid. Obviously the building is surrounded by people and guarded by exactly one guard who is left lying outside. None of those people surrounding the building obviously mind a dead guard. The building with braziers is obviously soaked with gasoline so if somebody accidentally topples a brazier everyone will die. Also the Khals are waiting on the inside. Obviously burning the building from the outside would make too much sense so Dany goes inside to make a speech for no reason at all. 

Sansa providing information on the number of Bolton troops seemed ridiculous. She was nothing but a helpless victim in Winterfell. Where and when was she supposed to overhear anything when she was confined to her chambers at all times? Brienne should have been the one providing information as she witnessed the battle between Ramsay and Stannis.

30 minutes ago, Barış said:

Sansa providing information on the number of Bolton troops seemed ridiculous. She was nothing but a helpless victim in Winterfell. Where and when was she supposed to overhear anything when she was confined to her chambers at all times? Brienne should have been the one providing information as she witnessed the battle between Ramsay and Stannis.

Yes, but now they have to retcon the entire series' poor handling of Sansa's development so expect more moments that show a victim transform into an empowered woman overnight.

I wonder if she'll show up to the battle in episode 9 in a breastplate, ala Elizabeth I.*

*My problem is with the show's really poor writing, and bad characterization of Sansa. This will only get worse once the showrunners throw her into a completely undeserved (from a character perspective) leadership position in the North.

2 hours ago, Tall Tyrion Lannister! said:

Not quite sure why, but Ramsay killing Osha did sorta surprise me. I felt like i knew where the scene was going  with Ramsay knowing what was up,  but i still let out a "oh shit" when  he stabbed her. 

Well, it was surprising that he didn't sexually assault or torture her before he killed her. 

4 hours ago, dariopatke said:

But why is she and others werent? There were greater men with bigger dragons. 

All kinds of magic seems to be awakening. The dragons, the others, resurrections right and left.  Thats one of the elements of the story. Perhaps there will be an answer by the end. 

2 hours ago, Ser Desmond Wine's Bane said:

Remember way back when a surprise stabby stab was a surprise?

You know... S3 Ep9

Now we get: 

• S5 Ep 10 - For the Watch
  • S6 Ep 1 - Entire Martell bloodline
  • S6 Ep 2 - Roose
  • S6 Ep 3 -  The Swords of the Morning
  • S6 Ep 4 - Osha

Kinda feel the impact is wearing off just a bit.

Just out of curiosity, in a medieval society, what would you expect the most common means of murder would be? As a follow up, would you normally expect that means to be accomplished through surprise, or after a long conversation with the victim about what's coming?

Asked slightly differently, would you prefer if murders in the show were accomplished by gunshot wounds, electrocution, laser beams, or sharks with freakin lasers in their heads?

6 hours ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

By the way... I pretty much spat out my drink when he arrived in the Vale and jumped out his carriage yelling "Hello, I'm back!" What the hell was that? I thought I watch a Disney musical and the creepy villain just arrived...

Next week I will have a big bottle of Absinth prepared - with a straw! 'Cause wine ain't helping anymore!:blink:

This episode was shock full of anachronisms, a total turn-off for me. Not that there was much to be turned off from in the first place, but... Tyrion talking about changing "the system", for example.Also the Jon/ Sansa conversation about her mistreating him felt like contemporary twenty-somethings talking about high school.

Well, that wasn't bad. It was worse.They kind of make Big Bang Theory look good in comparison.

The good: I did like the embrace of Sansa and Jon.

The rest:
The Wall: Oh dear God, they WILL be slashing Jon and Sansa. Look at all the hand touching! Btw., Sansa feels like yet another personality now. How many does she still have in her?

That conversation between brienne/ Davos/ Mel!

Davos: Oh btw., what happened to these people months ago, what were their names again, stannis and Shireen?

Brute: Killed him. Deal.

I think I'm shipping Brutienne and Tormund. Brormund? Torienne?

Mereen: Tyrion on slavery: It's bad, plus you can still grow up a rich noble brat without it. Sure, because the peasants are little more than slaves, dumbass. It's all about renaming the cake and keeping it. But thanks for enlightening the natives, bro.

Joorio: Jorah "I didn't touch you." Oh, so now that IS important, unlike when you touched Dany, and Missandei, and half of Essos last season?!

KL: High Sparrow's doing the same speech again. Kill me now. What a waste of a very good actor.And of course Loras doesn't care about dynasties, politics and such, because GAY!

I'm a Carol-stan now. That poor downtrodden woman. Not a Carol/ Larry shippe, though. He's dumb, plus you know, they're siblings.

Oh, now they remember they have armies!

Dosh Khaleen... LOL!
Dudebro rape talk, fire, and nekkid Dany! Yeah! All the 13 yo fanboys who were put off by Old Mel are finally at it again!

Winterfell: Osha - wow, that was worth it to bring her back: Sexy times AND evil stabbing! I'm starting to think Ramsay is a bad guy, but they're a bit subtle, so I can't be sure.

Iron Islands: Maybe it's because I'm num,b and brainwashed (much like watching the Eurovision Song Contest), but I'm mildly invested in Asha now. I'm sure she'll die or get raped soon. 

High Sparrow continues to give obscenely long scenes where he regurgitates the same points and themes. I like Jonathan Pryce very much as an actor, but this is getting beyond ridiculous now. 

Davos finally asks about Shireen (yay) yet forgets about it thirty seconds later. Not sure why no one calls Brienne out on the absurdity of her 'executing' Stannis. Every time we visit Meereen I just have to ask: are those dragons just sitting there, happy, like trained dogs? Why? The pink letter scene was okay, I guess, but feels 'too little, too late' and they've already removed the political nuance in Jon's assassination, so eh. I'm amused that the one Dosh Khaleen woman actually sides with Dany in this mad-scheme after half a conversation. And of course she chooses to leave just as Jorah and Daario are lurking outside the temple! 

Ramsay Sue needs to go away. They brought back the wonderful Nat Tena just for that? Kindly fuck off. I'm confused about King's Landing, they're only now bringing in the Tyrell army to free Margaery and Loras? Why didn't Olenna BRING the army with her back in S5? And the finale scene...so Dany is now seriously immune to roaring infernos? Well, way to repeat season one's finale! Those final shots made me giggle. They look peculiar, like a shampoo commercial: "Find your fire with L'oreal! Because you're worth it" Why do I get the feeling Drogon will be the one doing the burning, probably at Dany's command, in the book? 

Yara was...I guess okay? Still, I'm a bit miffed Theon didn't bite back by pointing out that she didn't throw an axe at the unarmoured Ramsay's face and apparently stood around gawking long enough for him to individually release all his dogs only to run away. 

3 minutes ago, naseridrl said:

Is Jon the same as he was pre-death? There doesn't seem to me to be much of a difference at all, its not raally what I was expecting.

No, his hair is shorter and he's sporting a man-bun.

Archived