[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

Every episode this season is making me die a little on the inside.

I want to stop watching the season, but it's just like that crazy drunk person on public transport you can't tear your eyes off (except far less entertaining and witty); you feel embarrassed for them and want to get off the next stop now but it's an express train that is going to careen off a cliff and kill you all, which is vastly preferable to watching another episode of this Hercules/Xena drivel that was vomited out during a HBO writer's hangover.

I'd like to know if the show actually understands just how far off the deep end they went with that joke of a Dany scene.  I just can't - words fail me altogether.

34 minutes ago, Gaius Gracchus said:

I might've misheard this because I wasn't paying a ton of attention, but didn't D&D compare Tyrion to Abraham Lincoln in the After the Episode thing they do? 

Yep, I watched that after the episode finished. I found it interesting also. Didn't Abraham Lincoln get assassinated in a theatre for his actions?

This reminds me of the Mercy chapter perhaps foreshadowing a later event... Tyrion being Abe, and Arya being the Assassin?

Or if Missandei is actually a faceless man/woman... Then perhaps she'll do the assassination part (especially considering she's anti-slavery, and it looks like Tyrion is being setup as supporting the status quo).

Are the Unsullied actually understanding what the fuck is going on with all these plots and characters?
Because honestly, I read the books and I find the way they're telling the story confusing as fuck.

7 hours ago, The Golden Wolf said:

That plus the fact that every episode this season has had a surprise stabbing in it. People are being killed far too quickly this season.

You know what bugged the hell out of me? The Royce scene. So Bronze Yohn Royce does not have any loyal knights/guards within his home willing to fight for him? Everyone with just one word of accusation from Littlefinger is ready to seize the man? Plus as someone pointed out earlier the geography of the Vale prevents such an abduction from occurring. The power of Littlefinger's bs was too much for me.

Yeah, this bugs me about this show. All it takes in Westeros to take over a Kingdom is to stab its ruler in the throat while the ruler's guardsmen stand there and watch? Why would you even be a ruler then? How are you ruler?

6 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

Just finished.

Initially she refers to Roose as if he's ruling Winterfell. As she gets to the end of the Pink Letter and reads Ramsey's sign-off, she correctly deduces what's happened. Given she's Ramsey's wife and knows him well, that's entirely believable.

Overall, for me it's the best episode of S6 so far. I don't mind the lack of action as I enjoyed a lot of the dialogue. The High Sparrow's backstory seems to be influenced by the Buddha's Great Renunciation. Tyrion's negotiating was gripping stuff; however, it appears to be following the same pattern as Jon Snow's negotiations with the Wildings. What I can see happening is Missendei being the one to take matters into her own hands. Daenerys did great badass face, quite the contrast to the scared kid in S1E10 - I saw development rather than mere copying there. The Littlefinger/Royse scene was the weakest part, and the Ironborn are looking a tad superfluous at the moment, but for me the episodes are improving week by week and I'm looking forward to where things go now in a way I've been this last fortnight.

Get out of this thread.

This was just so boring and stupid throughout.

Why the hell is Tyrion in charge in Meereen? Because he was Dany's advisor for about 5 minutes? And why the hell would the slavers agree to the deal he offered?

LF saying that Bolton men kidnapped Sansa in the Vale? WTF?

The High Sparrow has become the most boring character on this show. Every episode he has a new boring ass speech which is completely pointless and useless. Why the hell is everyone so afraid of him? Why hasn't the Tyrells used their army yet to free Loras and Margaery?

How the hell did Theon find a ship and got home so quickly?

The ending...just LOL.

I enjoyed a lot of the dialogue.

You must be a masochist.

Story? What story?

So, every time the show jumps yet another, bigger shark, I come here thinking "okay, surely THAT must have tipped the scale", only to read a barrage of "best episode ever herp" and "bit disappointing at the end, i give it a 9.5 durr". Oh well.

Meaningless garbage in KL, nonsensical drivel at the wall, absolute nothing but with whores in Mereen, and then... that scene. Wow. Just... wow.

2 minutes ago, Facebookless Man said:

Story? What story?

So, every time the show jumps yet another, bigger shark, I come here thinking "okay, surely THAT must have tipped the scale", only to read a barrage of "best episode ever herp" and "bit disappointing at the end, i give it a 9.5 durr". Oh well.

Meaningless garbage in KL, nonsensical drivel at the wall, absolute nothing but with whores in Mereen, and then... that scene. Wow. Just... wow.

It's bizarro world.  

i can imagine Jon Snow branding his sword calling the northern folk to fight on his side for the stark and then the suddenly mute lords from the North march on his side with bright eyes raising flags.

It's simple as that, when Jon or Dany are involved, all they have to do is ask and smile and it's done. Even the loyal Davos aims to be the Jon Snow advisor now.

It was boring, and then it was ridiculous. This show has just become a series of scenes thrown together in a random order to satisfy important plot milestones. Obligatory Pink Letter. Obligatory "Tyrion negotiates and acts clever." Obligatory Ramsay-is-a-psycopath murder. Inspiring speech about humility from High Sparrow. Pycelle shuffles awkwardly whilst Tommen fails at being a ruler. Dany denies the laws of physics because Dany. Dramatic end credits music.

Admittedly I did like Jon and Sansa. And Tormund and Brienne made me laugh. But I hate what they've done with Brienne recently.

I want to criticize the episode but as the weeks have gone on, (since season 5), I feel less and less. By this week, I am overcome with a feeling of utter numbness. I folded laundry through the entire episode, which I didn't even bother to watch live. I *could have rewound through moments I missed but - meh.

I hate everything about Ramsay. They are giving far too much importance and screen time to him. Nothing about him is shocking or upsetting. Bringing Osha back just to kill her. Eh. And she didn't notice the knife? Lame. Just a lame scene. Utterly predictable. I could have predicted the lines when the scene opened up. Boring. Waste of good acting talent.

I liked LF manipulating Robin. Apparently guards in Westeros can't guard their lords, but whatever. Just bodies. More part of the set than actors. 

I think they are over-using the unburnt angle, but I assume dragons are a budget issue, and Dany has gone off and lost hers again. I was okay with that. Dany has her Dothraki army and it isn't run by misogynistic men. I'm down. I enjoyed watching them burn, but maybe I'm like the Mad King. ;) I liked that scene, and I get why they didn't use Drogon, but I was disappointed. I'm guessing that Jorah and Daario dumped some oil everywhere and somehow no one noticed? I'll ignore the plotholes. I guess. It was pretty to watch. 

I think I missed/glossed over the rest. Larry and Carol mean nothing to me, but if they take out Poppa Sparrow or Smurf or whatever the Septon dude is, I'm down. I heard something about that. I gave they episode a 6 because it was better than previous episodes.

It's not terrible, but it's not great. I'm enjoying it much more now. There are good bits and eye-roll worthy bits, but it's fine to do chores to, like all other television. I'm not a TV-watching person to begin with. The show was excellent to begin with, and then it strayed. I shall cherish the beginning for the great television that it was, and accept the mediocrity that it has become. It is no worse than anything else that is out there. The moments they get right are still really great, and I will tune in on the off chance that any given episode might have something shiny for me. If I want entertainment, I will read a book. Such is life. :)

14 hours ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

George R.R.Martin loved Natalie Tena's acting so much, he expanded her role even further - and now they get her back for what - 2 minutes of repeating her seducing techniques. Great writing indeed! We are just happy that Ramsay didn't torture and/or rape her before killing her.

It was pointless, they could've just presented Rickon by himself with Shaggy dogs head and we would've presumed Osha died protecting him I hate to see scenes like this because it is a waste of screentime that could've been used to flesh out other story arcs.

50 minutes ago, Caryn Stark said:

I want to criticize the episode but as the weeks have gone on, (since season 5), I feel less and less. By this week, I am overcome with a feeling of utter numbness. I folded laundry through the entire episode, which I didn't even bother to watch live. I *could have rewound through moments I missed but - meh.

I hate everything about Ramsay. They are giving far too much importance and screen time to him. Nothing about him is shocking or upsetting. Bringing Osha back just to kill her. Eh. And she didn't notice the knife? Lame. Just a lame scene. Utterly predictable. I could have predicted the lines when the scene opened up. Boring. Waste of good acting talent.

I liked LF manipulating Robin. Apparently guards in Westeros can't guard their lords, but whatever. Just bodies. More part of the set than actors. 

I think they are over-using the unburnt angle, but I assume dragons are a budget issue, and Dany has gone off and lost hers again. I was okay with that. Dany has her Dothraki army and it isn't run by misogynistic men. I'm down. I enjoyed watching them burn, but maybe I'm like the Mad King. ;) I liked that scene, and I get why they didn't use Drogon, but I was disappointed. I'm guessing that Jorah and Daario dumped some oil everywhere and somehow no one noticed? I'll ignore the plotholes. I guess. It was pretty to watch. 

I think I missed/glossed over the rest. Larry and Carol mean nothing to me, but if they take out Poppa Sparrow or Smurf or whatever the Septon dude is, I'm down. I heard something about that. I gave they episode a 6 because it was better than previous episodes.

It's not terrible, but it's not great. I'm enjoying it much more now. There are good bits and eye-roll worthy bits, but it's fine to do chores to, like all other television. I'm not a TV-watching person to begin with. The show was excellent to begin with, and then it strayed. I shall cherish the beginning for the great television that it was, and accept the mediocrity that it has become. It is no worse than anything else that is out there. The moments they get right are still really great, and I will tune in on the off chance that any given episode might have something shiny for me. If I want entertainment, I will read a book. Such is life. :)

Hear hear! I too have started folding laundry and packing my gym bag while watching GOT. What used to require every bit of my attention, now is akin to background noise. You don't even really need to watch to know what happened.

I had a GOT premiere party where we played GOT bingo. The bingo squares said things like "Cersei Drinks Wine", "Sansa is Scared", "Tyrion Makes a Cock Joke", "Dany Pouts", "Someone Makes a Veiled Threat", "Jorah Looks at His Grayscale", "Ramsay Tortures/Kills Someone"... I thought the game would be hard enough that no one would win till at least halfway through, and within 10 minutes we had a winner. The show has become predictable and repetitive.

I really enjoyed the first FOUR seasons. Almost no complaints, even went they went off book. There are parts that I am really enjoying now (the bits at the Wall, Pyke, Arya), but they are always overshadowed by terrible dialogue in Mereen, repetitive monologues by Poppa Sparrow, Cersei scheming in KL, and illogical Dany strategy. It reminds me a bit of Lost. Four solid seasons, a coupe of wacky ones, and a sad slow crawl to a non-sensical finale of Golden Shower caves and immortal Mother Marys.

Serious question for you all. Would you be happier if the show was canceled ? I think not. It has its flaws and ups and downs but in the end it is a good rendition of the books (even the books have ups and downs in them).

This episode's only moment which didn't fit in was Osha's killing ...

1 hour ago, Caryn Stark said:

Pretty much agree with all of that. 

One more gripe. Correct me if I am wrong, but when Jon is telling Sansa he is sick of fighting, he leaves out wights and the White Walker he killed, no? WTF?

5 hours ago, Trinket2 said:

They should just have Ramsay kill everybody. Ramsay goes on a one-man killing spree, from Winterfell to the south, sweeping across Westeros, down and up until he reaches and claims the Iron Throne. The series ends with him feeding Dany's dragons to his dogs, drowning Tyrion in a barrel of wine and killing all the White Walkers in single combat, bare chested.

The end scene is Ramsay sitting on his throne in the Red Keep, smiling, the banner with the Flayed man flying in the wind, and snow falling over King's Landing. The end.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

what I didn't like:

- Brienne's scene with Davos and Mel. Like she came up to them like "I killed Stannis, sucks, right?"

- poor Osha. I get that Ramsay has no use of her but I'm still sad that she was killed like this. BUT, I am happy that they bothered to bring the actress back instead of just making a head.

- I honestly didn't like the KL scenes much because it seemed to me like talking talking while saying nothing.

- I honestly couldn't care less about Meereen since the beginning of the season. I've never liked much the Slaver's Bay storyline both in the show and in the books but now in the show, it's just so uneventful...

- Dany trust the member of dosh khaleen after knowing her for like 2 minutes

- suddenly Dany is fireproof. But I suppose that I wouldn't mind that that much but what I really didn't like was like they did again the thing with Dany surviving a fire = everybody kneels before her. I really wonder if this is how it is in the books.

- Jon apparently doesn't notice that Sansa implicitly said that Bran and Rickon are alive.

But excluding Brienne and Dany these were mostly minor issues.

Archived