Queen Unburnt Rises Again...Yes there shall be SPOILERS

Loved this scene.

Couldn't help thinking though...

No dragons this time so wouldn't she be seen more like a witch & be seized by the other Dothraki? The whole "witches don't burn" dark ages thing?

Didn't Emilia Clarke negotiate a no boobs out clause in her contract? Not that I'm complaining, just confused is all.

Also the whole Targaryens aren't fire proof "all the time" theory is in shambles. So this means Jon isn't a Targaryen or if he is he's not a special one?

Does this count as one of the fires from the prophecy?

54 minutes ago, Vastet said:

The torches had to be burning something. Typically coal or oil was used. Obviously coal wouldn't do what we saw. But oil would.

Yes my thoughts exactly. I also wondered whether Dany sprinkled or spilled something around when she was going for her casual stroll during her speech.

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow Bengal said:

Loved this scene.

No dragons this time so wouldn't she be seen more like a witch & be seized by the other Dothraki? The whole "witches don't burn" dark ages thing?

Didn't Emilia Clarke negotiate a no boobs out clause in her contract? Not that I'm complaining, just confused is all.

Also the whole Targaryens aren't fire proof "all the time" theory is in shambles. So this means Jon isn't a Targaryen or if he is he's not a special one?

No, that's some internet bullshit. And I don't see how this makes all Targs fireproof. Viserys died remember. And Jon got burned. It's something unique to her and her alone. Perhaps the same magic that brought dragons also gave her this gift.

And I was thinking, if Jon and Dany is ice and fire maybe Jon is incapable of becoming a whitewalker. r something like that.

1 minute ago, jbob said:

No, that's some internet bullshit. And I don't see how this makes all Targs fireproof. Viserys died remember. And Jon got burned. It's something unique to her and her alone. Perhaps the same magic that brought dragons also gave her this gift.

And I was thinking, if Jon and Dany is ice and fire maybe Jon is incapable of becoming a whitewalker. r something like that.

Ah yes that could be it. Jon perhaps can't "freeze" or maybe he is already a WW? Who knows

That Targ fireproof stuff was concerning hatching eggs. I believe there was loads of discussion that Targs aren't fireproof at all but might be only when hatching eggs - obviously not the case with Dany (or TV Dany). 

36 minutes ago, Jon Snow Bengal said:

Loved this scene.

Are we sure they didn't pull a Cersei Walk Of Shame and put Emilia Clarke's head on a stunt double's body? I thought the scene looked a little odd in some way. But that could just be me.

3 minutes ago, TheSmallOther said:

Well, GRRM himself said that ending of season 1 (Dany steps out of fire alive) was one-time magical event and Targaryens themselves are not immune to fire. Most likely D&D missed that part so now Dany runs through fire all the time.

All the time? Isn't that the second time she has done it? 

"Yes my thoughts exactly. I also wondered whether Dany sprinkled or spilled something around when she was going for her casual stroll during her speech."

That's an interesting observation. I hadn't thought of it.

16 minutes ago, Aegonzo The Great said:

Are we sure they didn't pull a Cersei Walk Of Shame and put Emilia Clarke's head on a stunt double's body? I thought the scene looked a little odd in some way. But that could just be me.

It was her:

“I’d like to remind people the last time I took my clothes off was season 3,” she says. “That was awhile ago. It’s now season 6. But this is all me, all proud, all strong. I’m just feeling genuinely happy I said ‘Yes.’ That ain’t no body double!”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/15/game-thrones-emilia-clarke-dany

Don't understand why this is so important to people though. Most actors don't want to do nudity especially if it's not necessary, and we know this show has used a lot of unnecessary nudity.

Much of the nudity in the series serves as a way to deliver dialogue without risking boring the audience. I would agree that they might have been able to do it another way, but there's no way to know if it would be as successful a show if they did.

16 minutes ago, jbob said:

It was her:

“I’d like to remind people the last time I took my clothes off was season 3,” she says. “That was awhile ago. It’s now season 6. But this is all me, all proud, all strong. I’m just feeling genuinely happy I said ‘Yes.’ That ain’t no body double!”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/15/game-thrones-emilia-clarke-dany

Don't understand why this is so important to people though. Most actors don't want to do nudity especially if it's not necessary, and we know this show has used a lot of unnecessary nudity.

It's not really important, it's just a point of discussion. Like Lena Headey and her walk of shame, it ultimately doesn't matter whose body that was as long as it got the point across, but that doesn't mean it's not worthy of discussion. Likewise, I was wondering if since D&D already successfully did it once if they didn't use the same technique again here.

For those that don't understand how quickly fire spreads then take a look at this.  Still think a wooden tinder dry structure, flammable material wouldn't burn fast ... even faster than the link? ... especially so when an accelerant is present? Peoples first over riding instinct is to escape fire ... there is no rational thought other than to self preservation.

46 minutes ago, MrTrike said:

For those that don't understand how quickly fire spreads then take a look at this.  Still think a wooden tinder dry structure, flammable material wouldn't burn fast ... even faster than the link? ... especially so when an accelerant is present? Peoples first over riding instinct is to escape fire ... there is no rational thought other than to self preservation.

That's true especially in a climate such as that one. It seems Vaes Dothrak is built in the dessert. So the wood would obviously be very dry. And dry wood catches fire crazy fast.

Well Daario looked upset. His ego is built on thinking she needed his sword. Now asbestos lady has a horde; now what use does he serve other than to worship?  Interesting note. Dothraki think Dany is a God. Wildlings think Jon is a God. Hmmmm.....  Well the betting shops are closing the bets on who AA is. Mel keeps betting on the wrong horse.

Q. Should Bran and the 3 eyed crows visions also cover Dany in the show. Early in the books Bran dream of flying which alluded to dragons? Odd plot hole.

Still not a fan of the Targs.

56 minutes ago, the tower of albion said:

Well Daario looked upset. His ego is built on thinking she needed his sword. Now asbestos lady has a horde; now what use does he serve other than to worship?  Interesting note. Dothraki think Dany is a God. Wildlings think Jon is a God. Hmmmm.....  Well the betting shops are closing the bets on who AA is. Mel keeps betting on the wrong horse.

Q. Should Bran and the 3 eyed crows visions also cover Dany in the show. Early in the books Bran dream of flying which alluded to dragons? Odd plot hole.

Still not a fan of the Targs.

Looking back, Daario did look a bit perturbed didn't he?  I've always believed he would betray her eventually, but they haven't been hinting towards that at all in the show.  Maybe this is the beginning of him pulling away from her....or I'm just seeing what I want to see.  

5 hours ago, Taylor Swift said:

Just wanted to say a lot of people turned on Dany after season 4, when she started spending time in Meereen.

A lot of fans supported the false idol Stannis, but i always knew he was just a red herring. Dany is the one. She has always been the one.

She will never be a villain, this was her song.

Yes her plot was boring, but from now on, it will be worth it. It will get even better in the coming episodes.

Dany is all Fire & Blood now, she is Aegon reborn, and she is coming for her throne. It will be fabulous to watch. And no need to whine because the exact same thing will happen in the books too.

Another stand-out post by you, TS. I want to "like" x 100 !

If she used some kind of accelerant, they should have explained it - because the speed with which the fire took off seemed silly without explanation.

Also, Khal Moro (isn't that a chocolate bar?) was right when he told her she killed her child by trusting the sorceress. It's hard to sympathise with Dany when she is so easy to criticize.

1 hour ago, adiman83 said:

That's true especially in a climate such as that one. It seems Vaes Dothrak is built in the dessert. So the wood would obviously be very dry. And dry wood catches fire crazy fast.

Doesn't need to be desert. Canada says hello ^_^

Archived